Flotsam and Jetsam

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Two words Ape
Goat Soap.

Learned that one in prison, eh wot? :biggrin:

But seriously, do you mean "goat milk soap"? I'll have to look it up because I haven't seen any around here. Is it supposed to be mild? It's winter here and regular soap tears up my skin something fierce.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Learned that one in prison, eh wot? :biggrin:

But seriously, do you mean "goat milk soap"? I'll have to look it up because I haven't seen any around here. Is it supposed to be mild? It's winter here and regular soap tears up my skin something fierce.
Yep goat milk soap.
I have shocking Eczema in dry weather, and it's great.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
If you can't find it, you can go for QV liquid soap, but it is more expensive.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
hey ape-- the Cracker Barrel store has a goat's milk hand & body lotion-- very gentle. you should be able to sneak in and out without a redneck spotting you! ;)

My skin is picky about what I use for lotions/soaps/detergent. i only use "free & clear" laundry detergent because the blue dyes in most laundry soaps plays havoc with my skin. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
This current cold makes everything smell and taste nasty. :daniel01: I am enjoying the christmas season despite that - been baking since I've been stuck at home lately.

I have also been enjoying firefly - damn I miss that show! :P

The christmas tree is up and decorated- presents are there - except for mine - mr rac has them just hasn't wrapped them!:tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02:

my bankcard number got stolen - I think it was my dr's office. :P that mess has been corrected after a week! :tealcanime23::tealcanime23:

that's my life for now... :smiley-white-flag:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
update-- It's official- I have a sinus infection- I got meds for that (and a good cough syrup :D )today. now if I can just not hack up a lung before I can take my meds! :P it's cold here today- but going to be in the 60's for christmas-- global warming eh? ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
update-- It's official- I have a sinus infection- I got meds for that (and a good cough syrup :D )today. now if I can just not hack up a lung before I can take my meds! :P it's cold here today- but going to be in the 60's for christmas-- global warming eh? ;)
The-Senator-With-The-Snowball-668x426.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I'll just leave this right here...

http://www.latimes.com/local/weather/la-me-ln-freezing-southern-california-20151216-story.html

Interesting excerpt:

Though only one record was challenged – Camarillo Airport was 33 degrees on Tuesday, matching the low for that day in 1948 – cities across the region were four to eight degrees cooler than normal through Wednesday, Rorke said.

Redondo Beach was 38 degrees, which isn’t freezing, but I’m sure residents there felt like it was,” Rorke quipped. (I live there, and I can confirm that!)

It was even colder overnight in the high desert, where freezing temperatures have been the story since Monday.

I could do the same thing by picking somewhere that is warmer than normal and then saying that the GLOBAL climate is warming. Wait, somebody is already doing that one....:drunk:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Its really cold out here too in California. Global warming my frozen brown ass. :) You take care of that cold! Garlic is your friend....

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

If you are lucky, your Dr. may prescribe a steroid. Steroids stop allergies in their place, but have side effects -- especially for diabetics.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If you are lucky, your Dr. may prescribe a steroid. Steroids stop allergies in their place, but have side effects -- especially for diabetics.

Lucky? I can't handle corticosteroids. Prednisone nearly put me in the hospital a few years ago. Nasty stuff.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'll just leave this right here...

http://www.latimes.com/local/weather/la-me-ln-freezing-southern-california-20151216-story.html

Interesting excerpt:

I could do the same thing by picking somewhere that is warmer than normal and then saying that the GLOBAL climate is warming. Wait, somebody is already doing that one....:drunk:

I spoke to my parents earlier today and Montreal has yet to see snow this year and the temperatures are slightly above freezing. It's not unheard of, though. Growing up, I lived through a few green Christmases. One year, during the 80s, it was so warm it rained right through Christmas and all we needed to go outside was a long sleeve shirt. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I spoke to my parents earlier today and Montreal has yet to see snow this year and the temperatures are slightly above freezing. It's not unheard of, though. Growing up, I lived through a few green Christmases. One year, during the 80s, it was so warm it rained right through Christmas and all we needed to go outside was a long sleeve shirt. :D

Most every Christmas in California is a short sleeve Christmas, and some times a shorts Christmas. There is NEVER snow in the Los Angeles basin unless it's rare and unusual. But this cold weather we are having is very unusual, and spits in the face of global warming.