FEAR THE WALKING DEAD gets fresh writing, new meat and Lennie James

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
that could have been interesting in itself but instead they fall back on exploiting an established character because they think it will translate into ratings

absolutely

they are milking Lennie for all he is worth!

You watch..next they'll come up with a new spin off centered on Negan and his group/his backstory

again, James and Morgan are, imo, the only two decent actors here

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So, where are they crossing over Morgan from? The Last Man on Earth?

i mean who cares about spoilers with TWD?

anyhow, without spoiling much, he goes on a westward ho walkabout to get away from it all and himself and the killing of the big war between the Grimes Gang and The Saviors

so, ftwd has done about a 3 or 4 yr time jump by doing this

so, yeah, he walks, runs, cries and hot wires cars his way from VA to East Texas

and the first ep of ftwd they just had to put in Rick and another one of his babbling rambling talks

I'll tell you, if tptb's think for one minute that the character of Morgan looks up to or respects the character of Rick, they are way more F-d up then I thought they were!

during Rick's speech to Morgan I swear there were several times where they could have had Morgan get up and say "shut the fuck up already rick you stupid hick bastard!!" and walk off :)

i mean, i would have

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And they killed nick off this week. I guess they are REALLY resetting the show...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, who the
Well I'm happy I was proven wrong. That said, rebooting an entire show during its first run never seems to work out for long. Regardless, I'm not going to return to watching it and I doubt many other people will either.

Wait...they really did it? REALLY? :icon_razz: :daniel_new_anime021:

tenor (1).gif tenor.gif tenor (2).gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

LMAO! Hey, I just noticed your tagline about Malibu. Yes, I remember that was Brian J. Smith's mother's mantra. I wonder if he ever got her that house, or if he came to his senses and dumped the mommy tether? :smiley-laughing021:

LMAO! Hey, I just noticed your tagline about Malibu. Yes, I remember that was Brian J. Smith's mother's mantra. I wonder if he ever got her that house, or if he came to his senses and dumped the mommy tether? :smiley-laughing021:

Mommy probably was crushed when SGU tanked. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in her single-wide trailer when that happened. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mommy probably was crushed when SGU tanked. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in her single-wide trailer when that happened. :icon_lol:

Yep, and she probably waited with baited breath when Sense8 came along, only to be canceled after two runs. I hope Brian has cut that umbilical! He is way too old to have a Mommycopter.

Yep, and she probably waited with baited breath when Sense8 came along, only to be canceled after two runs. I hope Brian has cut that umbilical! He is way too old to have a Mommycopter.

Yeah, she went beyond being a proud parent to being a weird narcissist about her son's career. Frankly it was rather creepy. In a way I feel sorry for the guy having to deal with that in his life. I also feel sorry for anyone that he has a romantic relationship with because no doubt mommy is a third wheel.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, she went beyond being a proud parent to being a weird narcissist about her son's career. Frankly it was rather creepy. In a way I feel sorry for the guy having to deal with that in his life. I also feel sorry for anyone that he has a romantic relationship with because no doubt mommy is a third wheel.

I see this all the time in California. There is NO REASON AT ALL for some 25-30 year old man to have his mother picking out clothes for them in the department store. It's just beyond pathetic. Yet I see it. I see mothers on dates with younger couples, obviously to supervise (and meddle). Brian is a momma's boy but he will probably be okay.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sorry but the whole Morgan crossover gimmick is stupid and shows bad writing skills. It's like the writers look for ways to not tell a halfway believable story. They had a premise entirely independent of TWD that could have been interesting in itself but instead they fall back on exploiting an established character because they think it will translate into ratings. :rolleye0014:

Ohhhhh...THIS Morgan (from The Walking Dead):

morgannew-1521850954786_1280w.jpg

How come nobody could explain what the Morgan crossover thing was about? :) Pictures speak much louder than words. I was thinking the Morgan from The Last Man On Earth (Vincent Price) which was one of the original zombie movies.

76612baa2371c1693a3bce8952665e8ff0b194ef_hq.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
How come nobody could explain what the Morgan crossover thing was about?

i did explain it. i included everything relevant to his leaving that i know of.

wasn't much to it

he got tired of the war and the killing--Morgan does not believe in killing ever since he picked up on aikido

he did, apparently, make a exception in their war with Negan and carried a gun and did kill.

so, he left to reset himself back to his peaceful, aikido monk type way of living

he began walking from Va, took a car here and there that had gas and he could hot wire, walked more and made his way to east texas

his relationship with rick was a strained one

rick was relying and pressing morgan based on the relationship we saw them have in s1 when rick was alone

morgan tracked him down to Va and it was kind of like if you ran into an old friend from long ago

he stay s with you based on your old relationship despite his having nothing in common with your new friends (the Grimes gang).

Morgan felt compelled to stay around to help Rick as Rick was constantly playing with his emotions --Rick is a bastard after all

Morgan wanted away from the killing and from Rick, imo

Ohhhhh...THIS Morgan (from The Walking Dead):

View attachment 34085

How come nobody could explain what the Morgan crossover thing was about? :) Pictures speak much louder than words. I was thinking the Morgan from The Last Man On Earth (Vincent Price) which was one of the original zombie movies.

View attachment 34086

If only it had been Vincent Price the show might actually be worth watching.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i did explain it. i included everything relevant to his leaving that i know of.

wasn't much to it

he got tired of the war and the killing--Morgan does not believe in killing ever since he picked up on aikido

he did, apparently, make a exception in their war with Negan and carried a gun and did kill.

so, he left to reset himself back to his peaceful, aikido monk type way of living

he began walking from Va, took a car here and there that had gas and he could hot wire, walked more and made his way to east texas

his relationship with rick was a strained one

rick was relying and pressing morgan based on the relationship we saw them have in s1 when rick was alone

morgan tracked him down to Va and it was kind of like if you ran into an old friend from long ago

he stay s with you based on your old relationship despite his having nothing in common with your new friends (the Grimes gang).

Morgan felt compelled to stay around to help Rick as Rick was constantly playing with his emotions --Rick is a bastard after all

Morgan wanted away from the killing and from Rick, imo

Well, you are aware that I have not watched this show in literally YEARS, right? So, how would I know who Morgan is? I don't even know who Negan is, so that should tell you something. :) I know very little about this show past season 2. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
well, yes, but Morgan was in S1 eP 1 :)

and then there is:

upload_2018-5-4_14-10-23.png
upload_2018-5-4_14-10-44.jpeg
:shame:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, you are aware that I have not watched this show in literally YEARS, right? So, how would I know who Morgan is? I don't even know who Negan is, so that should tell you something. :) I know very little about this show past season 2. :)

i get it though

this last season of twd i watched ep 1 and mid season finale and then the last ep in patches through YT

i watched the first ep of ftwd of this season for shits and giggles to see how Morgan was used mostly..was it same time as TWD is now or earlier,etc?

i have been slightly pleased by the show and watched eps2 and 3 as well

Nick's dying was exquisite--not the action of death, just getting him off the show

so far, i think they may have 'saved' the show for hardcore TWD fans, but i am thinking it is going to go ways like twd has too much and i will lose interest soon