Fear the Festering Turd (aka Fear The Walking Dead)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Remember, we already know the entire production is moving to Vancouver, so the whole thing about it taking place in LA will not be easy to pull off. They managed to not show much of the city. Many types of locales we have in LA, you cannot find them anywhere else. There are no forested areas that look like Planet Vancouver. We have forests, but they are almost all pine varieties and eucalyptus. Our neighborhoods are different too.

I think they are going to do a bait and switch and put us on an island or in some isolated area and turn up the drama full blast. They may even take us up to Vancouver IN the show. :(

I strongly suspect we are going to get a ton of interior scenes and small locale shots. One of the producers said something to the effect that season 2 could take place mostly on the yacht. That right there tells us everything we need to know about how they are going to try and hide the fact that they are not in California. It's gonna be a bunch of shots of the boat on the water, and tight scenes in the yacht cabin, etc. And when they pull into a port it will be a vague area that won't resemble any specific L.A. landmark. Typical cheap ass AMC production.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I strongly suspect we are going to get a ton of interior scenes and small locale shots. One of the producers said something to the effect that season 2 could take place mostly on the yacht. That right there tells us everything we need to know about how they are going to try and hide the fact that they are not in California. It's gonna be a bunch of shots of the boat on the water, and tight scenes in the yacht cabin, etc. And when they pull into a port it will be a vague area that won't resemble any specific L.A. landmark. Typical cheap ass AMC production.

And while we are on the subject of the yacht...it isn't really that big. An ocean liner might be interesting, but that smallish yacht? A whole season? So...we could get the "we cant drink salt water", and that is after they run out of food and/or fuel. Perhaps they will come upon a boat full of zeds. Yawn.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I can only hope that this ridiculous (yes I know I said I liked it better then TWD-but everyone makes mistakes) show, with its 6 episodes just served to introduce a couple of new characters to TWD's new season

that is, tonight, we see some new ppl show up in "forever land, VA" and they are none other then, say, the most likely to survive from FTWD. Now that could make it interesting.

Its America! One can still have dreams!! :crying-028: :biggrin:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Remember, we already know the entire production is moving to Vancouver, so the whole thing about it taking place in LA will not be easy to pull off. They managed to not show much of the city. Many types of locales we have in LA, you cannot find them anywhere else. There are no forested areas that look like Planet Vancouver. We have forests, but they are almost all pine varieties and eucalyptus. Our neighborhoods are different too.

I think they are going to do a bait and switch and put us on an island or in some isolated area and turn up the drama full blast. They may even take us up to Vancouver IN the show. :(

HAH!!! :daniel_new_anime021: :icon10:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

In Vancouver, we may see them out haunting all of our favorite sets from:
JEREMIAH
BSG
SG1
And many more!!

in just how many "worlds" was the meadow and lake in--the one where in BSG we had the "Opera House" on Kobol and in SG1 it was the spawn lake for the 'snakes'

and those famous crossroads! you know, the ones that they used from an old abandoned housing development or industrial park?

those were in JEREMIAH and SG1 (the ep when they went in the compound to get Seth)

might has well ply them with walkers and idiots too

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In Vancouver, we may see them out haunting all of our favorite sets from:
JEREMIAH
BSG
SG1
And many more!!

in just how many "worlds" was the meadow and lake in--the one where in BSG we had the "Opera House" on Kobol and in SG1 it was the spawn lake for the 'snakes'

and those famous crossroads! you know, the ones that they used from an old abandoned housing development or industrial park?

those were in JEREMIAH and SG1 (the ep when they went in the compound to get Seth)

might has well ply them with walkers and idiots too

Planet Everywhere:

20081104vancouver045ssx.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think that a good part of S2 (wtf S2 really?!?!?) WILL take place at sea! SNORE!

AND it is filming in Baja Mexico not Vancouver

check out the underlined and bolded below:

AMC has announced that production has kicked off on the second season of The Walking Dead companion series Fear the Walking Dead, with filming taking place at Baja Studios in Mexico.

“We are thrilled to be starting production and even more thrilled to be shooting in Mexico.
Baja Studios has been home to some of the greatest ocean-set films in recent years and provides all the creative resources we need to begin this new chapter in the ‘Fear’ saga. We couldn’t be happier,” states showrunner Dave Erickson.

See Also: Follow all of our coverage of The Walking Dead here

Season one left off with Madison (Kim Dickens), Travis (Cliff Curtis) and their extended family taking temporary shelter in Strand’s (Colman Domingo) gated estate overlooking the Pacific Ocean. As civil unrest continues to grow and the dead take over Los Angeles, Strand prepares to escape to “Abigail,” his large yacht moored offshore. »

- Gary Collinson

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think this is a reaction to the ratings implosion this show had in S1 - they are really trimming the budget.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think this is a reaction to the ratings implosion this show had in S1 - they are really trimming the budget.

What were the ratings? I think it's disturbing that they cut the budget. The thing looks dirt cheap. No sets, not much zed special effect stuff, no CGI that I can remember.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

i think they should have went with a full series or mini series of FTWD flight 462 the "commerical-sodes" they had been showing during TWD commercial breaks

so far all 90 secs or so of it have been far more compelling then all of FTWD!

guess they will finish the "flight" up when the show comes back for s6 pt 2

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I love how the producers or this turd set out to give us an origin story that takes place in one of the largest cities on the planet yet the first thing they do is rush to change the setting so they don't have to show us anything of the larger world. What a bunch of un-creative, cynical hacks. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I love how the producers or this turd set out to give us an origin story that takes place in one of the largest cities on the planet yet the first thing they do is rush to change the setting so they don't have to show us anything of the larger world. What a bunch of un-creative, cynical hacks. :icon_lol:
Such shameless bait and switch!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Such shameless bait and switch!

It's not surprising though as the same group of producers has been milking the cheap ass Georgia set for TWD for years now.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You would think the way that the new show lost viewers after the premiere (losing 40% of viewership from the premiere is alarming) combined with The Walking Dead shedding around 20% off its viewership so far this season would send the needed danger signal to the producers that they need to take a hard look at both shows and fix the problems. But they won't.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's not surprising though as the same group of producers has been milking the cheap ass Georgia set for TWD for years now.

This show was just supposed to be another money grab. They figured if they doubled down on insipid drama with a zombie theme and used more minorities and set it in a big city, that everything would be a-ok. They were supposed to have throngs of hooked viewers by now, so the switch to Vancouver was not going to matter much because we were supposed to be totally hooked to the show and have already picked the character we most identify with. :anim_59:

When does this show return, anyway?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You would think the way that the new show lost viewers after the premiere (losing 40% of viewership from the premiere is alarming) combined with The Walking Dead shedding around 20% off its viewership so far this season would send the needed danger signal to the producers that they need to take a hard look at both shows and fix the problems. But they won't.

They are missing the obvious: Zombies are over now. It was a thing, and now it isn’t. :anim_59: Yes, do it as a lighthearted but clever thing like Z-nation. But the dark drama set in a zombie apocalypse is sorta over, isn’t it?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

You're right, they won't. But frankly, FtWD has such a bad story line with truly unlikable characters that there really is no way for them to fix things. (I mean really, the last thing I want to watch when it comes to an apocalypse show is the daily travails of a heroin addict. :rolleye0014:)

As it is, as viewers we have seen examples of how to make a quality show with a modest budget like Z Nation. And even though it's not a zombie show Into the Badlands is a great example of how to produce, and write, a quality show that keeps the ball rolling instead of getting bogged down in interpersonal naval gazing. So basically the producers of TWD and FtWD have no excuse for not getting it right with their own productions, certainly not with these other shows out there for comparison.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They are missing the obvious: Zombies are over now. It was a thing, and now it isn’t. :anim_59: Yes, do it as a lighthearted but clever thing like Z-nation. But the dark drama set in a zombie apocalypse is sorta over, isn’t it?

We can only hope. ;)