Farscape

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Its....unique. :) You will most likely like it if you give it a couple of episodes. The chemistry between Claudia Black and Ben Browder became amazing.

Yes. One of the good legacies of Farscape was it introduced us to the delightful Claudia Black (who has been good in every role we've seen her in).

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Its....unique. :) You will most likely like it if you give it a couple of episodes. The chemistry between Claudia Black and Ben Browder became amazing.

I've blazed through 5 episodes so far and even though it's "different" it is quite good!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've blazed through 5 eipisodes so far and even though it's "different" it is quite good!

You're over the hump! :joy: Its sorta one of those shows you either love or hate, and I loved it all the way until it was canceled. Im certain your experience will be the same! :)

SciphonicStranger

You're over the hump! :joy: Its sorta one of those shows you either love or hate, and I loved it all the way until it was canceled. Im certain your experience will be the same! :)

I see what you mean. I should be calling it a night but I started episode 6. ;)

SciphonicStranger

10 episodes down, 78 to go. I guess now I'm officially hooked. :cool:

SciphonicStranger

Me too, I'm ashamed considering it's a damn Aussie series :D

I'm not from the outback but I am kicking myself for not watching this show years ago. For some reason I didn't realize it was episodic so I think I thought I'd be completely lost if I tried to jump in midway. Plus I saw muppets and probably thought it would be too geared for kids. :facepalm:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm not from the outback but I am kicking myself for not watching this show years ago. For some reason I didn't realize it was episodic so I think I thought I'd be completely lost if I tried to jump in midway. Plus I saw muppets and probably thought it would be too geared for kids. :facepalm:

The muppets never turned me off, It's more like at the time it aired I was doing other things IRL. I did manage to catch an ep here and there, but never enough to form any kind of opinion of the show.

SciphonicStranger

The muppets never turned me off, It's more like at the time it aired I was doing other things IRL. I did manage to catch an ep here and there, but never enough to form any kind of opinion of the show.

Just my silly bias - when I hear muppets I recall Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy rather than Yoda. Loved when John Crichton mentioned Yoda and Dagobah in one of the episodes I've seen so far BTW. ;)

SciphonicStranger

30 episodes down - this is frellin' goooooooood. I think I need to slow down. :redface:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
30 episodes down - this is frellin' goooooooood. I think I need to slow down. :redface:

LOL...yep, you are a "love it" person too. :) Have you seen Babylon 5? If not, you owe yourself...there is another thread for that here. :)

SciphonicStranger

LOL...yep, you are a "love it" person too. :) Have you seen Babylon 5? If not, you owe yourself...there is another thread for that here. :)

I'm about 45 episodes in - no stopping now. Just finished the "Liars, Guns and Money" trilogy last night. :D

I loved B5 but haven't caught it since reruns in the 90's. I'm in for a rewatch. ;)

Lilith

GateFans Noob
There were very few eposides that I didn't like. Just 2 or 3 that come ready to mind which isn't bad. As much as I enjoyed SGA there are 3/4's of a season that I skip on the rewatch. Farscape I don't like episode 2 then the fairy tale one and one where they land on the wrong moya with the wierd scientist and they get duplicated. The others were stellar.

SciphonicStranger

There were very few eposides that I didn't like. Just 2 or 3 that come ready to mind which isn't bad. As much as I enjoyed SGA there are 3/4's of a season that I skip on the rewatch. Farscape I don't like episode 2 then the fairy tale one and one where they land on the wrong moya with the wierd scientist and they get duplicated. The others were stellar.

I'm having trouble finding episodes that I don't like - but I'm only about half way in. :D

SciphonicStranger

I'm into season 3 and I'm not sure I like the new theme music that much. :)

SciphonicStranger

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:lol:

Are you up to season 3 yet GF? There seems to be a lot of vomiting in these first few episodes.

No, Still just finished S1, having probs finding the DVD's to buy ATM. Went looking for S2, but ended up lay-buying Nightmare on elm Street 4-6, Lexx S1-2, Airwolf the movie, Event horizon, Farenheight 451, the first X files movie, Unforgiven and Hot shots 1&2 (for the grand total of 110 bucks :D)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
No, Still just finished S1, having probs finding the DVD's to buy ATM. Went looking for S2, but ended up lay-buying Nightmare on elm Street 4-6, Lexx S1-2, Airwolf the movie, Event horizon, Farenheight 451, the first X files movie, Unforgiven and Hot shots 1&2 (for the grand total of 110 bucks :D)

You don't have the complete series? we got snookie the complete series set plus the peacekeeper wars for christmas last year and she has loaned it to me. (It cost much less than $110 too) Once I finish my sga rewatch I will begin it. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You don't have the complete series? we got snookie the complete series set plus the peacekeeper wars for christmas last year and she has loaned it to me. (It cost much less than $110 too) Once I finish my sga rewatch I will begin it. :)

I have PKW's but no, last time I saw the box set it was around 120 bucks and I picked up S1 for 20 bucks (and they are still findable at that price, I just couldn't find them :( )