Fandom Menace thoughts

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The first one is on precarious financial ground. If the person having their videos claimed can demonstrate monetary value and that the claims are false they can sue the claimers for tortious interference with trade.
i know... it just "seems"" as if something/someone is manipulating the playing field for SW's people on YT

and,, with the election over and the bad orange guy gone.. some of these SJW's have nothing better to do than resort to this kind of 'warfare'

they are mad about so much of the non Kennedy SW's--the move (attempting too) away from woke and SJ plots and characters... boob armor,, not enough female characters.. Gina C... and Rosario Dawson. in most of these things they did not get their way, so they are trying other methods...maybe?

i just hope things work out for these YT's

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep!

They do need to be careful as there have been a couple of cases where YTers who were getting interfered with sued and won.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yep!

They do need to be careful as there have been a couple of cases where YTers who were getting interfered with sued and won.
how, and who, would even track that back to the wrong doers?

non SW's YT'rs but similar situation is a channel called MXR plays. they do gaming walk throughs but their most popular are 'reaction;' type video to random tik tok stupidity

they get reported and striked/warned/demonetized al the time for nothing more that the sheer number of viewer reports

they're silly, and just total mind numbing "something to watch" harmless. sadly, i think the only reason they get targeted is the guy is chinese american and his GF is korean american

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sounds like Katee Sackhoff and Scarlett Johansson are the latest actresses to tell the SJWs off.

Sackhoff was talking about the Mando season finale and said the part that made it work was characters like herself and Cara Dune were there plot wise because they organically belonged - not to check off boxes. Johansson said Hollywood needs to stop with the politics and stop attacking fans.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
how, and who, would even track that back to the wrong doers?

non SW's YT'rs but similar situation is a channel called MXR plays. they do gaming walk throughs but their most popular are 'reaction;' type video to random tik tok stupidity

they get reported and striked/warned/demonetized al the time for nothing more that the sheer number of viewer reports

they're silly, and just total mind numbing "something to watch" harmless. sadly, i think the only reason they get targeted is the guy is chinese american and his GF is korean american
IIRC the cases were filed after the sites appealed copyright strikes, discovered who did the strike and subsequently discovered that the striker did not have any rights to what they filed the strike over.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Sounds like Katee Sackhoff and Scarlett Johansson are the latest actresses to tell the SJWs off.

Sackhoff was talking about the Mando season finale and said the part that made it work was characters like herself and Cara Dune were there plot wise because they organically belonged - not to check off boxes. Johansson said Hollywood needs to stop with the politics and stop attacking fans.
i guess the SJWs missed the part that the should have liked= that being all the people clearing that ship were women

people miss much when they are emotionally enraged

or they didn't even watch it to begin with

Last edited by a moderator:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Mando is not a woman.....maybe.....

Luke is definitely not :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Mando is not a woman.....maybe.....

Luke is definitely not :D
the central act.. whatever they call it.. when Mando broke off and the 4 Ninjettes starting kicking buttocks :)

The men being left out made sense for 2 characters- Din and Boba, but not Axe Wolves.. they needed the Power Rangettes money shot.. totally cool with me--as I have always said, women have been doing out of character things in SW's from when Leia shot a stormtrooper in EP4 with her 'lady blaster'

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
the central act.. whatever they call it.. when Mando broke off and the 4 Ninjettes starting kicking buttocks :)

The men being left out made sense for 2 characters- Din and Boba, but not Axe Wolves.. they needed the Power Rangettes money shot.. totally cool with me--as I have always said, women have been doing out of character things in SW's from when Leia shot a stormtrooper in EP4 with her 'lady blaster'
My last post was a bit of a joke....

Seriously though, the difference between the Mandalorian and, say, Avengers Endgame was Mando did not draw attention to their female combat unit - it just happened that way and did its thing with no intimation that it was effective BECAUSE it was female. As you noted Mando had other work to do at the same time and of course the ship was REALLY taken for them by Luke - pretty much singlehandedly.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just revisiting to note I found a YTer so bad I was unable to get all the way through a video from them.......I give you "Heel vs Babyface".....

View: https://youtu.be/aIoE5rrUcX8

If you watch it have aspirin handy. I literally could not get all the way through it as this guy's presentation was so loud and blathery that by comparison Brian Blessed would be considered quiet and introspective. I'm not sure if he made valid points because half the time it was incoherent - and that I left halfway through just shaking my head and wondering why on earth this guy is on Nerdrotic's videos a lot.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just revisiting to note I found a YTer so bad I was unable to get all the way through a video from them.......I give you "Heel vs Babyface".....

View: https://youtu.be/aIoE5rrUcX8

If you watch it have aspirin handy. I literally could not get all the way through it as this guy's presentation was so loud and blathery that by comparison Brian Blessed would be considered quiet and introspective. I'm not sure if he made valid points because half the time it was incoherent - and that I left halfway through just shaking my head and wondering why on earth this guy is on Nerdrotic's videos a lot.
Wow, that's a hot take. :) I have been watching Heel vs Babyface for a while. He is funny, has his finger on the pulse of the fandom, and is generally ok. I find the more established YT creators I used to like have become insufferable. People like Ryan Kinel and the whole Geeks + Gamers crew. They have become way too big and spread out in an effort to make as much money as possible. But I suppose that is the whole reason to do YouTube as a primary means of income, no?

I am fortunate, in that I am only maintaining my websites and moving into the YT sphere as a hobby. I do not need the income, but I do love the process and its lots of fun! We should have a monthly YT creator spotlight! I will probably start shifting my attention back to here because Twitter is becoming increasingly boring IMO

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I’ll take your word on it. In this video at least he was loud and borderline incoherent. Other YTers I like (like Doomcock and Critical Drinker) clearly take the time before they do the video to get their thoughts organized and as a result their presentation is better organized and thus easier to follow.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I tried HeelvsBabyface again based on your recommendation.

I just can't take his style. His content seems okay but the style is just too much like someone yelling at the camera like a shock jock.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And while I am on this topic the people flaming Scarlett Johansson about her remarks on portraying a sexualized character need to check date stamps and also.....READ THE ENTIRE THING. First, the interview was nearly 3 years ago. Second, in context (reading it all) shows she was relating her reactions to her character as shown in Iron Man 2 at the time Iron Man 2 was filmed - which means she could not possibly know either her own arc or that of Tony Stark.

The whole thing is just another Twitter rage mob episode and shows that it has gotten so bad on there that all sides now use rage mobs. Lest we forget she is on OUR side in important areas as evidenced by her statements THIS YEAR that actors need to stop with the politics and also stop attacking the fans.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I tried HeelvsBabyface again based on your recommendation.

I just can't take his style. His content seems okay but the style is just too much like someone yelling at the camera like a shock jock.
He has been banned from Twitter. He allegedly quoted something from Game of Thrones, and the writers did not like it and went after him and got him canceled. Many people who were using the #TheFandomMenace hashtag have removed them. The original group became toxic and some prominent female members exposed some sort of groupthink code that demanded certain behavior from them. MechaRandom42, Merry Mayhem and a few others have dropped the hashtag. I think that a coordinated fandom group with a title like that is a recipe for a cult/gang.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You're probably right. It is better for content creators to join where they have common aspects but otherwise be independent.

For example, Doomcock and Gary have mended their fences. However they are not doing The Inquisition anymore (partly because Gary is moving out of CA and will not be free on weekends) but are doing their Paranormal/UFO show ExoZone and released a new episode this past weekend. And Doomcock has been emphasizing the need for positivity and that "Without Respect We Reject" while correct needs to be combined with accepting and complimenting when things are done right and respect is shown otherwise it is just whining.

There seems to be a "middle ground" forming with YTers like Doomcock and Critical Drinker where they are opposed to the wokeness and politics in everything but also complimentary when something is good.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And on Sunday night Doomcock's replacement livestream for The Inquisition was HILARIOUS! Freed from the need to be hyper critical and downbeat the tone was upbeat, it was a politics free zone and the panel was not only informative but got rather philosophical courtesy of one Raquel Briggs.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And on Sunday night Doomcock's replacement livestream for The Inquisition was HILARIOUS! Freed from the need to be hyper critical and downbeat the tone was upbeat, it was a politics free zone and the panel was not only informative but got rather philosophical courtesy of one Raquel Briggs.
I don't understand why Gary moving out of CA would affect his ability to do The Inquisition with Doomcock. Physical location is irrelevant when doing YT.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Per Gary and Doomcock Gary won't be available on weekends while he is relocating and until they are resettled in TX. He is available weekdays which is why they have been doing new episodes of the ExoZone. Hence the replacement show on Sunday nights, which like I said is much more balanced in tone and also as a Doomcock production he does enforce a no politics rule in the chat and the discussion is not political.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have a question that maybe someone can help answer.

I have seen it said in places on the internet that Scarlett Johansson in the runup to the release of Black Widow made woke remarks such as "it wasn't made for you". However I cannot locate any quotes from her that sounded woke. If anyone knows what the source is can you refer me to it? I am trying to see if it is a legitimate complaint or an internet rage mob in play.