Falling Skies season 3 discussion

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
My suggestions prove otherwise. ;)

Well, Backstep has a bit of a point. If the aliens hit the big red button and wipe out the planet from the sky, how much screen time would that really take? :icon_lol:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Well, Backstep has a bit of a point. If the aliens hit the big red button and wipe out the planet from the sky, how much screen time would that really take? :icon_lol:

My whole point was to avoid the 'big red button' take you silly goose :P. I was trying to reason as to why they would enter a ground war for humans other than 'cause we believe in equal opportunities within warfare' or have a sense of fair play. Kind of why I gave suggestions on how to get around this glaring problem.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and pick up my teddy since I just flung it.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
My whole point was to avoid the 'big red button' take you silly goose :P. I was trying to reason as to why they would enter a ground war for humans other than 'cause we believe in equal opportunities within warfare' or have a sense of fair play. Kind of why I gave suggestions on how to get around this glaring problem.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and pick up my teddy since I just flung it.

:icon_lol:

For the record, I agree with you! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

B

Backstep

My suggestions prove otherwise. ;)

With this show there was little back story for the first 6 months of the invasion, did the fish heads push the yellow button then start the ground assault after the humans were down to what the fish heads thought was a controllable level? Karen told Tom the fish heads did not expect this kind of resistance.The best I can surmise of the plot, the aliens on the ground were not there for a ground war, the fish heads were converting humans for their labor force and their addenda. Did the aliens see us as we see ants? Only this time it was a fire ant hill that was stepped on.

I agree the writing is bad, I would have groaned even louder if the writers had brought in a magical area 51 device that could shoot down orbiting craft, it's bad enough the writers brought in a 'new' alien for this.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
With this show there was little back story for the first 6 months of the invasion, did the fish heads push the yellow button then start the ground assault after the humans were down to what the fish heads thought was a controllable level? Karen told Tom the fish heads did not expect this kind of resistance.The best I can surmise of the plot, the aliens on the ground were not there for a ground war, the fish heads were converting humans for their labor force and their addenda. Did the aliens see us as we see ants? Only this time it was a fire ant hill that was stepped on.

I agree the writing is bad, I would have groaned even louder if the writers had brought in a magical area 51 device that could shoot down orbiting craft, it's bad enough the writers brought in a 'new' alien for this.

I wasn't actually talking about the show Falling Skies specifically the problem of the 'alien invasion' premise overall. It was me personally trying to do 'my take' on how I would come up with a plausible back story that affected the events of the current. My other point is that the whole 'arrogance' can only last so long because it so easily turns into plot convenient stupidity, you need to give them other flaws but like everything it needs to be kept in balance, you don't want them overpowered and then suddenly nerfed (like in the Stargate series).

I could go on a little bit more in depth but it will be going off topic in the thread.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Eh, Im not buying this...they have these huge ships with the tripod legs in the center of every city. Each one is armed with flying fighters, mechs and a contingent of skitters and fishheads. They have a type of blue bomb that levels entire cities like a nuke (we saw them in season 1). So Im guessing that the writers are ignoring all of that in the interest of building mysterious plots and allowing the rebels to have a base and such. This is even more apparent when you know the Volm are in Charleston. You think the skitters dont know that entire squadrons of their flying fighters are being destroyed by those fancy Volm weapons? :) Why dont the bad skitters simply release like...10 million of those lil baby skitter parasite thingies? How about they send a swarm of about 10 million of those metallic bugs that go into the eye upon Charleston? They can get away with it as long as they explain why they are not being attacked, and they have not done that. But I still like this show a lot better than Defiance.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am convinced when they find Ann,
the baby will have grown into Honey Boo Boo! :smiley-laughing021::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao:
:smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am convinced when they find Ann,
the baby will have grown into Honey Boo Boo! :smiley-laughing021::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao:
:smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

HAHAHAHA! :applause: :anim_59:

Wait....what if they ACTUALLY cast her! :wink-new: :anim_59: :P

B

Backstep

Eh, Im not buying this...they have these huge ships with the tripod legs in the center of every city. Each one is armed with flying fighters, mechs and a contingent of skitters and fishheads. They have a type of blue bomb that levels entire cities like a nuke (we saw them in season 1). So Im guessing that the writers are ignoring all of that in the interest of building mysterious plots and allowing the rebels to have a base and such. This is even more apparent when you know the Volm are in Charleston. You think the skitters dont know that entire squadrons of their flying fighters are being destroyed by the\ose fancy Volm weapons? :) Why dont the bad skitters simply release like...10 million of those lil baby skitter parasite thingies? How about they send a swarm of about 10 million of those metallic bugs that go into the eye upon Charleston? They can get away with it as long as they explain why they are not being attacked, and they have not done that. But I still like this show a lot better than Defiance.

Making a show in Outer Limits style may work. Go full red button and mop up the survivors as sport. Or a actual scripted video game show where humans are pure fodder. IMO they would make great mini's, not a seasonal show.

I'm not defending the writers, the plot holes or the writers not following their own canon. The premise as I understand, the aliens are not out to wipe out humans as children are their labor force and turn into their soldiers. imo the writers don't go all "Call of Duty" on the human survivors, people want to see hope in a show.

The Volm make no sense without a back story. Were the Volm as advanced as the fish heads or acquire and adapt the tech after they were invaded?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
A "V" type of invasion scenario is more credible (where the aliens are ruling in the background using human authorities to get their desired stuff done). But this is at least watchable unlike Defiance - it seems now we have the humans caught in the middle between the Volm and fishheads.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, Rac wins the pool about the alien/human baby and its rapid growth cycle. Congrats to Rac and boo to the producers of this show that have chosen to milk an already tired character premise.

Oh yeah, here's another show that won't be back for an entire year basically. What's up with that???

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Well, Rac wins the pool about the alien/human baby and its rapid growth cycle. Congrats to Rac and boo to the producers of this show that have chosen to milk an already tired character premise.

Oh yeah, here's another show that won't be back for an entire year basically. What's up with that???

We all know what the producers or exec's are like though....

Explains quite a lot actually.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

wait they're back and I missed it? well haven't watched the last 4 eps anyway! :P so how "old" is Alexis?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
wait they're back and I missed it? well haven't watched the last 4 eps anyway! :P so how "old" is Alexis?

Tom said she appeared to be about 6 years old now. And yes, she has magic powers. :facepalm: