Falling Skies Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm still hopeful it will reach escape velocity and not sink into the corona of the star known as Soap-fi. :P

Too late, it got trapped by the suds monster! Im fully expecting a "sensitive skitter" to come into the picture. One who befriends the humans because somebody pulled a thorn out of one of its feet (or heals it or saves it from something). :icon_e_wink:. Perhaps they will raise a baby skitter and it will grow to love and protect its human adoptive parents. Im not having to many hopes for this show, as you can see. I give it this season and then POOF.

Anybody tracking ratings for this show?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Too late, it got trapped by the suds monster! Im fully expecting a "sensitive skitter" to come into the picture. One who befriends the humans because somebody pulled a thorn out of one of its feet (or heals it or saves it from something). :icon_e_wink:. Perhaps they will raise a baby skitter and it will grow to love and protect its human adoptive parents. Im not having to many hopes for this show, as you can see. I give it this season and then POOF.

Anybody tracking ratings for this show?

personally
I still beleive that the harnessed kids grow or turn into, if you prefer, skitters. :P

Someone found last weeks...we need a link around here for the ratings site. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

I still find this show entertaining enough.
It's not knocking my socks of but that's alright. Who knows what's still to come.

Now it turns out the kids with the harness removed are still under influence of the aliens. Oooh.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I still find this show entertaining enough.
It's not knocking my socks of but that's alright. Who knows what's still to come.

Now it turns out the kids with the harness removed are still under influence of the aliens. Oooh.
ditto

At least they're doing stuff about their situation and not moping around being all emo. Will be interesting to see what they do with the alien POW. I'm really liking the Tom character and now Major Davis's character even though his transition thing was really fast.

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
Not a bad series so far. Yeah, I did'nt see any previews or publicity for the show first so seeing Colin in that role did throw me for a bit of a loop. :icon_lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
So..... How soon until they get to the first love triangle? :D :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So..... How soon until they get to the first love triangle? :D :P

Well, we've got to have the resident bad guy to turn out to have a heart of gold first. Then of course there has to be an antagonistic attraction between him and one of the women. He'll call her "Princess" and she will think he's a jerk but during an alien attack they'll find themselves buried in a collapsed building and will grow closer. They won't kiss, but when they get dug out of the mess they will definitely have a connection. Fortunately the show will be canceled before we are treated to a full-on love scene.
:puke:

SciphonicStranger

Well, we've got to have the resident bad guy to turn out to have a heart of gold first. Then of course there has to be an antagonistic attraction between him and one of the women. He'll call her "Princess" and she will think he's a jerk but during an alien attack they'll find themselves buried in a collapsed building and will grow closer. They won't kiss, but when they get dug out of the mess they will definitely have a connection. Fortunately the show will be canceled before we are treated to a full-on love scene.
:puke:

I concur, the Pope character will be involved and you've probably nailed the circumstances. Now we just need a pudgy math geek character who has puppy love for the princess. :eek: :puke:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I concur, the Pope character will be involved and you've probably nailed the circumstances. Now we just need a pudgy math geek character who has puppy love for the princess. :eek: :puke:
Yes, and the pudgy math geek will save the day in a nick of time by utilizing his nerdy mathiness as he uploads a computer virus to the alien mother ship. They'll disable one mother ship, but not the whole fleet.

Pudgy Math Geek will spend a lot of time staring at computer screens and once on the alien ship (you know it's gonna happen) he'll find a control panel and will stare at that and then suddenly figure out the alien language. Using his new found understanding of the alien language he'll be able to pin point on what deck the aliens are warehousing the children and they'll be able to rescue them, but of course the kid they want to get (Noah Wily's kid whatshisname) won't be there.

The cute girl that Pudgy Math Geek has a crush on will kiss him on the cheek as way of thanks, then she'll turn away and give her love to someone else. He will be all emo and sad. When no one is looking he will sublimate his sadness by breaking into the food stores and eating all the canned pudding. As everyone around him is losing weight due to the horrific circumstances they find themselves enduring he will actually put on weight.

G

Graybrew1

Yes, and the pudgy math geek will save the day in a nick of time by utilizing his nerdy mathiness as he uploads a computer virus to the alien mother ship. They'll disable one mother ship, but not the whole fleet.

Pudgy Math Geek will spend a lot of time staring at computer screens and once on the alien ship (you know it's gonna happen) he'll find a control panel and will stare at that and then suddenly figure out the alien language. Using his new found understanding of the alien language he'll be able to pin point on what deck the aliens are warehousing the children and they'll be able to rescue them, but of course the kid they want to get (Noah Wily's kid whatshisname) won't be there.

The cute girl that Pudgy Math Geek has a crush on will kiss him on the cheek as way of thanks, then she'll turn away and give her love to someone else. He will be all emo and sad. When no one is looking he will sublimate his sadness by breaking into the food stores and eating all the canned pudding. As everyone around him is losing weight due to the horrific circumstances they find themselves enduring he will actually put on weight.

Priceless. Mental Green for you.

SciphonicStranger

:laughing:

Green for that! I think a career writing reused bad sci-fi is in your future. ;)

B

Backstep

And build a still for some bathtub Gin to drown away the blues.

SciphonicStranger

We already have the first love triangle between the Professor's older son, his blonde GF, and Moon Bloodgood's daughter.

Darn, how did I miss that? We're only 2 episodes in and I already need to do a rewatch. :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
We already have the first love triangle between the Professor's older son, his blonde GF, and Moon Bloodgood's daughter.

well the blonde girlfriend is now harnessed...and llourdes is not moon's daughter, but a med student..moon's family was killed in the initial invansion. :(

Really there is a HUGE difference between well written drama and a soap. This appears (at this point) to be well written drama. i have not noticed any "soapy" elementa...no music montages, no deep longing looks accompanied by dramamtic music, no closet banging. he'll we've not even seen much of a kiss yet! :P although tom and that new doctor did go a bit down the melodramatic road...but they didn't sink into full purple prose. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well the blonde girlfriend is now harnessed...and llourdes is not moon's daughter, but a med student..moon's family was killed in the initial invansion. :(

Really there is a HUGE difference between well written drama and a soap. This appears (at this point) to be well written drama. i have not noticed any "soapy" elementa...no music montages, no deep longing looks accompanied by dramamtic music, no closet banging. he'll we've not even seen much of a kiss yet! :P although tom and that new doctor did go a bit down the melodramatic road...but they didn't sink into full purple prose. ;)

I'll give you that...no soap yet. BUT, I know its coming, because that is the foundation of this show...family vales, survival and courage, and drama. Thing is, if this is supposed to be science fiction, its failing. Their first foot forward was the focusing of the show on Tom and his three sons. Its obvious already that Tom's oldest son Hal and the "tough girl/slut" Margaret are a couple, and Moon's character will be the "just out of reach" wife/girlfriend/mother figure for Tom and his three boys. They will start having flirty discussions and perhaps will "do it" in a drunken moment. All of this says DRAMA to me, when I was expecting science fiction. I like drama, but not when its dressed in Scifi drag. :icon_cool: