Eureka Cancelled! Maybe They Needed Room for Another Paranormal Reality or Wrestling Show...

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Bite your tongue. :eek:

They give us a Scifi Monday and then take it away?
They should just gather up all the scifi shows they have and put them on one night.
They should all fit now, right? :P

Briangate called it - they are indian givers. :P

I forgot about Alphas. How long do you think that show is going to last? ;)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
How much more proof do you need that Syfy was NOT pulling the strings on this one?? Syfy is being whore'd out as body armor for NBC/comcast for gods sake, and thier own PR department is shoveling the earth on top of them :facepalm: Quite fankly, its getting to the point where I'm almost willing to believe the junk about Syfy wanting to divorce itself from Scifi, not by choice mind you, but because "Mummycorp" is holding a freaking gun to thier heads with full knowledge that a bunch of "rabid fans" will just hit the closest target, it's not like they don't do it normally anyway :facepalm:

SciphonicStranger

They gave us another "We love this show, but we still need to cancel it". They are like a broken record.

SciphonicStranger

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They gave us another "We love this show, but we still need to cancel it". They are like a broken record.
To a certain extent, maybe sci, but when the showrunners and cast memebers come out in support of that particular story, it gets harder not to believe them yeah? Don't think I think Syfy USA is perfect, quite frankly, the US lineup utterly sucks in comparison to the Aussie Version, no if's but's or maybe's. but in THIS SPECIFIC CASE, and even as a freaking FAN of Eureka, I can see no reason to be pissed with them (Syfy).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Briangate called it - they are indian givers. :P

I forgot about Alphas. How long do you think that show is going to last? ;)

You know, I don't hate Alphas as much as I thought I would. That said, I don't think it will last past a single season. I have no idea what the ratings are so my prediction is simply based on conjecture.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Booo hissss

I want Syfy to go bankrupt and then for a real science fiction channel to take over. I can see a Mystery Theater 3000 cable channel. How about an on-demand series on Netflix? I could soooooo see a non-paid (supported by advertisements) Netflix Channel streaming to my phone. :)

I too want a real scifi channel like Syfy USED to be...about a decade ago....oh those were the days...:(

Oh for crying out aloud peeps. Eureka is being canned because it can't continue to turn a profit. Eureka is a expensive show to make these days and even the Eureka PTB are not suprised at the decision and even said the Syfy people were fighting for them. The decision to axe it was not Syfy's but NBC's. Shit, I'm pissed because I like Eureka and don't want it to end either, but I cannot use the same logic that I applied to SGU and then not use it for Eureka just because I happen to like the show now can I?

NBC is root of all evil with tv for me these days...they bought the weather channel and RUINED IT. all of these dumb "weather" shows when all i really want is the weather...they used to run weather- national and international 24/7 (SG1 season six ep 1- Jonas Quinn is in love with the weather channel and has it on in the background of a scene...that was when the weather channel was about weather....NOT personalities!:P ) We won't even discuss their support of global warming :facepalm: but then GE was involved wasn't it? :P
NBCUniversal also owns all of USA channel, BRAVO, MSNBC (boo hiss!) and CNBC as well as parts of A & E, History, HIstory International, National Geographic, and biography channel...which may explain the explosion of "reality shows" on these channels! :P

Ya, Colin Ferguson does nice things for me. He was also hilarious at the Comic Con.

Salli Richardson, who plays Allison on Eureka, also played Teal'c's wife.

Which time? There were two different actresses who played teal'c 's wife. :)

Someone ****** up. That about sums it up. Not very happy with Syfy.

What ticks me off is how they announce a shorter season renewal and then back out of it. I was content with the show ending after a a shorter Season 6, but this truly is bad PR.

LMAO, so brian tell us what you really think? ;)

I don't know if it was their worst gaffe mate, but it sure as hell is right up there. Here's the thing though, and it ties into what the showrunneres have said themselves. Syfy actually WANTED more Eureka, it was the bean counters in NBC/Comcast that said drop the hammer on it, and, in typical style, the PR dept totaly stuffed it up and made it worse :facepalm:. As for the fans, they just get to see "Syfy cancells Eureka" as a headline, and then just see red. Lets face it brian, you know better than most how much fun dealing with "angry fans" can be buddy!

NBC is root of all evil...see my comments above! :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I realized today that I've stopped tuning into Syfylys except for the occasional SGC/SGA rewatch and Eureka. Otherwise, it's just a channel bar I skip on my guide these days. Funny thing is that this isn't by some moral choice or some way to protest. There's just nothing interesting on that channel anymore.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I realized today that I've stopped tuning into Syfylys except for the occasional SGC/SGA rewatch and Eureka. Otherwise, it's just a channel bar I skip on my guide these days. Funny thing is that this isn't by some moral choice or some way to protest. There's just nothing interesting on that channel anymore.

And this is exactly where they will end up, no one watching cause it's all going down the drain. I made the point on the GW newspage about this. Don't go out and actively "boycott" Syfy, then they will just say "stuff it" even quicker. LET them know you are not watching because nothing interests you anymore, not because they cancelled X/Y/Z show. It's ALL about delivery. :P