Defecation/Dumbinion CANCELLED!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Shoot. They cancelled SG Atlantis with far more LIVE viewers than that. What would the numbers have looked like if PVR was factored in back then?
L+7, SGA was pulling around 4.7 mill on average IIRC

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
even it would make these current shows look like absolute garbage

even SGU would probably get me to watch syfy again

Considering what is out there, I would actually WELCOME it back right about now. :(

For the money and the feel they wanted, bringing back Firefly would have been a better move than creating this ridiculously cobbled together show, and yeah a game could easily go with it. But the gamers and viewers are two different audiences. Them trying to have the game and the show linked is pointless.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Considering what is out there, I would actually WELCOME it back right about now. :(

For the money and the feel they wanted, bringing back Firefly would have been a better move than creating this ridiculously cobbled together show, and yeah a game could easily go with it. But the gamers and viewers are two different audiences. Them trying to have the game and the show linked is pointless.

when are those new 'space based' shows starting on syfy? I don't even remember the names not the threads here where they were mentioned

i could check-but that would mean a trip to syfy.com and--eww :smiley-015:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Assuming they could get the cast (Nathan Fillon and Gina Torres both are starring in their own shows right now) Firefly would actually have been a FAR superior return on investment. The backstory is already there - all they would have to do is rerun the original series and the movie Serenity prior to starting the show. Plus there is a big built in audience of "browncoats" who would be in place right away.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Assuming they could get the cast (Nathan Fillon and Gina Torres both are starring in their own shows right now) Firefly would actually have been a FAR superior return on investment. The backstory is already there - all they would have to do is rerun the original series and the movie Serenity prior to starting the show. Plus there is a big built in audience of "browncoats" who would be in place right away.

They could actually even risk using replacement actors and still pull it off. :) Hey, if we could only get Summer Glau to be in Defiance, it might get canceled! :biggrin:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They could actually even risk using replacement actors and still pull it off. :) Hey, if we could only get Summer Glau to be in Defiance, it might get canceled! :biggrin:

That's definitely petition worthy. :encouragement:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
For Defiance they probably need to save face after plunging $100 million into the game and show. For Dominion I suspect it is just that they needed to be able to say SOMETHING was successful.

I've been meaning to comment further on these renewals because it's important to refute such developments, which aren't logical and don't jibe with reality. I agree with JL's statement above. DEFECATION isn't being renewed because it's successful, rather, the producers had no choice but to double-down on their original gambit. They've sunk ungodly amounts of money into this pig already and they can't walk away from it now. It's beyond obvious. There aren't millions and millions of fans clamoring for more of this show (or video game for that matter). As it is this show skates along the edge of the cancellation cliff in terms of ratings verses size of production. Quite simply, the return on investment can't be that great, it just can't. The numbers don't add up.

The way I figure it the producers (investors, et al) for DEFECATION are just limping along trying to scrape a marginal profit out of this thing, or at least to break even so they can go lick their financial wounds. Granted, I'm not a genius accountant with extensive knowledge of how such budgets work, but I do understand basic math, which is all that's needed in this case. The truth is never that complicated. Don't let the SyFy hacks fool you into thinking that it is.

And as for Dumbinion, it's a well known fact that new shows are now given a two-season guarantee so as to make it appear that they are successful. They've been running this con ever since SGU. We know this for a fact. (We even had corroboration from an exec back in the SGU days if you will recall.) So, yeah, Dumbinion being "renewed" isn't a renewal at all, it's just SyFy playing the con game again. Shocking, isn't it? :rolleye0014:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I don't understand tv networks sometimes. Syfy has a treasure trove full of prematurely cancelled shows that were drawing in real numbers. Why not resurrect any number of them?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't understand tv networks sometimes. Syfy has a treasure trove full of prematurely cancelled shows that were drawing in real numbers. Why not resurrect any number of them?

Why resurrect old shows when SyFy is offering us new gems such as this:

roflbot (11).jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why resurrect old shows when SyFy is offering us new gems such as this:

View attachment 30416

OMG...its Laura (I have absolutely no ass) Vandervoort? :facepalm:...I see a wolf in the background, and the title is Bitten, so this is a show about werewolves. :bored:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG...its Laura (I have absolutely no ass) Vandervoort? :facepalm:...I see a wolf in the background, and the title is Bitten, so this is a show about werewolves. :bored:

It's a show about bad story concepts, bad acting and bad production values. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
OMG...its Laura (I have absolutely no ass) Vandervoort? :facepalm:

Pasty white America is all about boobs, brother. When they have ass, most will panic and go into starvation mode to "lose the extra weight". :facepalm:

...I see a wolf in the background, and the title is Bitten, so this is a show about werewolves. :bored:

Twilight coattails.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Pasty white America is all about boobs, brother. When they have ass, most will panic and go into starvation mode to "lose the extra weight". :facepalm:

:SmileyLaughingTears::smiley-laughing024: LOL, so true! I do not understand why so many white guys are okay with giant fake boobs paired with a COMPLETELY flat ass and big blonde hair, and anorexic skinny. I recently watched "10" with Bo Derek, and in the scene where she is on the boat naked and ready to dive in the water, she turns and we get to see her TOTALLY flat ass. And this is a 10? Not on my scale. :) Maybe a 6 or 7? Those broad shoulders, flat ass and masculine jaw and giant boobs did nothing for me even back then. I see pictures of her and pictures of the original Linda Evans (whom Derek was married to before he found Bo), and they look almost identical. Laura Vandervoort has a beautiful face, a nice smile, but thats it. No ass whatsoever, None. In V we saw her in full Victoria's Secret underwear, in high heels and she looked completely generic.

Twilight coattails.

Yep. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
:SmileyLaughingTears::smiley-laughing024: LOL, so true! I do not understand why so many white guys are okay with giant fake boobs paired with a COMPLETELY flat ass and big blonde hair, and anorexic skinny. I recently watched "10" with Bo Derek, and in the scene where she is on the boat naked and ready to dive in the water, she turns and we get to see her TOTALLY flat ass. And this is a 10? Not on my scale. :) Maybe a 6 or 7? Those broad shoulders, flat ass and masculine jaw and giant boobs did nothing for me even back then. I see pictures of her and pictures of the original Linda Evans (whom Derek was married to before he found Bo), and they look almost identical. Laura Vandervoort has a beautiful face, a nice smile, but thats it. No ass whatsoever, None. In V we saw her in full Victoria's Secret underwear, in high heels and she looked completely generic.

Yep. :)

Never quite understood the bo derek thing either . I'm a more of a Sofia Laraine or Bridgette Bardo kinda guy and I never got the Farah Fawcette thing either .

Attachments

• brigitte-bardot-20070209-209268.jpg
    brigitte-bardot-20070209-209268.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Brigitte-Bardot-beautiful-bb-18654905-600-852.jpg
    Brigitte-Bardot-beautiful-bb-18654905-600-852.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Brigitte-Bardot-brigitte-bardot-9589633-800-600.jpg
    Brigitte-Bardot-brigitte-bardot-9589633-800-600.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 135
  • ce33f4b3ca0fa13943df70edc98cd20f.jpg
    ce33f4b3ca0fa13943df70edc98cd20f.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 125
  • sofia loren.jpg
    sofia loren.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Sophia_Loren_10.jpg
    Sophia_Loren_10.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 123

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I don't know what is more impressive in those pictures. Gas at 99.5 cents per litre or someone in Kevin Murphy's parking spot. Sets have to be brought up to 'code' I guess.

Some of those trucks look to be pretty impressive, which means there are Teamsters involved. In the old days Teamsters were hired for security, which brings me to the old Teamster internet pages that would tell us when the series would start up.

Which, which brings me to.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That's 99.9 per litre so 4 bucks a gallon roughly . There will be around 10 or more trucks plus actors trailers and change rooms . Last summer I hung around and chatted with the crew . No shooting was going on though .

Last edited: