Cookie Clicker! The most addictive game ever.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'll try to later if possible. BTW, is the "Portal" worth buying?
My portals currently produce 21.393 million cookies per second each. But I will soon double that when I spend 10 trillion on an upgrade. So yeah, I'd say they're worth it.

[and then I suddenly found nearly all of my text and markup gone because I had to reload the page in order for a new attachment to become visible to use so now I'm gonna write it all again and that pissed me off a bit]

Ah fuck it I'm not writing that again. Just look at these screenshots and the pieces I marked red and try to figure out for yourself why I placed those indicators. Let me know if you have a question about them.

blah.png

blah2.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How did you get to a billion cookies per second? I have only been playing for a few days, and I only left it running all night just once and it only generated about 160 billion cookies. I look like this right now:

Capture.PNG

I have gotten upgrades for everything up to Wizard Tower, and I am now buying Alchemies. Do you guys ever sell your previous acquisitions to buy more expensive, more productive ones?

How did you get to a billion cookies per second? I have only been playing for a few days, and I only left it running all night just once and it only generated about 160 billion cookies. I look like this right now:

View attachment 34122

I have gotten upgrades for everything up to Wizard Tower, and I am now buying Alchemies. Do you guys ever sell your previous acquisitions to buy more expensive, more productive ones?

The sales rate is like half the purchase rate so I've only sold off a few things.

View attachment 34122

You have to babysit it and do a lot of clicking when the Golden cookies pop up, that's how you gain quick jumps in CPS. Leaving it on overnight doesn't gain me as much cookies as I'd like, mostly because I'm not there to click the Golden cookies. My time is limited for playing but it is what it is as they say.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

View attachment 34122

The billion cookies per second was during a frenzy so the actual rate of cookies per second was that divided by 7. Currently I'm on 673.7 million CPS and I just clicked a lucky cookie which gave me 606 billion. That last part is so much because I currently have 28.3 trillion cookies in my bank. The more you have in your bank, the more the lucky cookie will give you and since these cookies make up for about 50% of the golden cookies, it pays to have something in the bank. After you leave it running all night, don't be tempted to immediately invest all of it into new stuff. Leave it in there for a while and click those golden cookies. You'll be surprised how much you'll be making with those compared to your regular rate.

You should also be aware that there are multiple upgrades per type of building. These only become available once you have more of that type of building. For example I think there is a threshold at 25 pieces and at 50 pieces and at 100 pieces and possibly 150 pieces. Each of those upgrades doubles the effectiveness of that particular type of building.

I had to seriously zoom out my browser in order to get all the buildings to show up on the screenshot.

screencapture-orteil-dashnet-org-cookieclicker-2018-05-23-19_02_11.png

As you can see, I have 150 cursors and grannies. These may seem like unimportant buildings, but they have various links to other things. You will find out for yourself once you've invested in more of them. It seems counterintuitive to do so, but I assure you you won't regret it once you have all the upgrades they bring. Don't go all the way to 150 right away though, this is something which you have to build up gradually along with the more potent buildings. But try to get your Cursors and Grandmas to 50 each first and see what that brings for you. Grandmas can also boost productivity of all other types of buildings. Once you've purchased about 15 of any type, a new upgrade for the grannies will become available that boosts that type of building's productivity. Or at least I think it does. In any case, there are benefits to be had there. Same is true for the cursors which may tie in with the golden cookies.

Regarding the golden cookies, you're gonna wanna try to get those couple of upgrades to which I pointed arrows in a previous screenshot. The ones which look like four leave clovers. The first two of those will make golden cookies appear twice as often. The third one (which I'm currently hunting for) will make the golden cookie effects last twice as long. This of course has no influence on the lucky cookies, since those are based on the amount of cookies you have in the bank, but it makes a huge difference for all types of frenzies. Most importantly, I know from the past that it is possible to have multiple golden cookie effects combine. For example, you click a golden cookie and you get a regular frenzy (CPS * 7). This lasts for 77 seconds normally, but with the last clover it would last 154 seconds. By the time that frenzy is up there may already be a new golden cookie for you to click. The effect of that cookie will then be multiplied by 7 as well. So in my case a lucky cookie would then perhaps not be 606 billion but 7 times 606 billion. And if you get a regular frenzy combined with a click frenzy, then the cookies will be flying around your ears with every click. I can only imagine what the result would be if you get a frenzy combined with a cookie storm! COOOOOOKIEEEEEEEES! (they didn't have cookie storm when I played back in the day so I think that's a nifty new touch)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm... I just had a click frenzy. 20.9 billion cookies per click. Nice!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm... I just had a click frenzy. 20.9 billion cookies per click. Nice!
Ooooo another click frenzy. Turns out at the moment one of those nets me about 1.5 trillion cookies in the bank.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have found by the way that there is a limit to how high the bounty would be for a lucky cookie. When I click them now I still get 606 billion. But I know that the amount of cookies it produces is dependent on how much cookies you already have, but it is apparently not the definitive factor. As to what the other part of the equation is I have as of yet not a clue. This does mean though that if you could figure out where the relative threshold lies, you could maximize your ability to grow funds quickly by always leaving that amount of cookies in the bank and spending whatever you get above it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The billion cookies per second was during a frenzy so the actual rate of cookies per second was that divided by 7. Currently I'm on 673.7 million CPS and I just clicked a lucky cookie which gave me 606 billion. That last part is so much because I currently have 28.3 trillion cookies in my bank. The more you have in your bank, the more the lucky cookie will give you and since these cookies make up for about 50% of the golden cookies, it pays to have something in the bank. After you leave it running all night, don't be tempted to immediately invest all of it into new stuff. Leave it in there for a while and click those golden cookies. You'll be surprised how much you'll be making with those compared to your regular rate.

You should also be aware that there are multiple upgrades per type of building. These only become available once you have more of that type of building. For example I think there is a threshold at 25 pieces and at 50 pieces and at 100 pieces and possibly 150 pieces. Each of those upgrades doubles the effectiveness of that particular type of building.

I had to seriously zoom out my browser in order to get all the buildings to show up on the screenshot.

View attachment 34123

As you can see, I have 150 cursors and grannies. These may seem like unimportant buildings, but they have various links to other things. You will find out for yourself once you've invested in more of them. It seems counterintuitive to do so, but I assure you you won't regret it once you have all the upgrades they bring. Don't go all the way to 150 right away though, this is something which you have to build up gradually along with the more potent buildings. But try to get your Cursors and Grandmas to 50 each first and see what that brings for you. Grandmas can also boost productivity of all other types of buildings. Once you've purchased about 15 of any type, a new upgrade for the grannies will become available that boosts that type of building's productivity. Or at least I think it does. In any case, there are benefits to be had there. Same is true for the cursors which may tie in with the golden cookies.

Regarding the golden cookies, you're gonna wanna try to get those couple of upgrades to which I pointed arrows in a previous screenshot. The ones which look like four leave clovers. The first two of those will make golden cookies appear twice as often. The third one (which I'm currently hunting for) will make the golden cookie effects last twice as long. This of course has no influence on the lucky cookies, since those are based on the amount of cookies you have in the bank, but it makes a huge difference for all types of frenzies. Most importantly, I know from the past that it is possible to have multiple golden cookie effects combine. For example, you click a golden cookie and you get a regular frenzy (CPS * 7). This lasts for 77 seconds normally, but with the last clover it would last 154 seconds. By the time that frenzy is up there may already be a new golden cookie for you to click. The effect of that cookie will then be multiplied by 7 as well. So in my case a lucky cookie would then perhaps not be 606 billion but 7 times 606 billion. And if you get a regular frenzy combined with a click frenzy, then the cookies will be flying around your ears with every click. I can only imagine what the result would be if you get a frenzy combined with a cookie storm! COOOOOOKIEEEEEEEES! (they didn't have cookie storm when I played back in the day so I think that's a nifty new touch)

This is very useful! I have increased my CPS significantly!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So I got my last lucky clover upgrade last night before going to bed. This morning I spent whatever I had on upgrades and shit and ended up leaving for work at a rate of just over 1 billion CPS. When I came back I had nearly 40 trillion in my bank. I clicked a few golden cookies like 3 or so. One of them was a lucky cookie during a frenzy which gave me just over 6.5 trillion. Right now I'm sitting on 51.6 trillion in my bank. My plan is to just start clicking those golden cookies right now. I don't know yet what I'll hunt for next.

Edit: I think I'll go for my Kitten Engineers next. So 90 trillion is the target. I'll probably try going over 100 trillion first so I'll have some left over in the bank when I buy it.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Anyway, don't let people who aren't of authority abuse their powers and falsely represent that they have power of authority. They may have the power to throw you out, but they can't force you to do shit if you aren't willing to. One of the buildings I went to for a simple chat with a friend now is taking photos of people who enter the building. I questioned why such a measure was necessary? Got no answer other than it is necessary. I then said that I was here last month and I come here quite frequently, I hadn't heard about anything bad happening or anything, so why do you need to treat people as if they are in prison?

Some wisdom for you to digest: Sometimes you CAN'T win. But you can play the situation and survive, or better yet...neutralize the threat without destroying it. Powers of authority get their power from something that is bigger than them. Bigger than you. Asking somebody why they exercize their power or trying to exert your own power on somebody else's "territory" is just going to get you targeted and possibly eliminated. AVOID, don't CONFRONT. Don't waste your time. Pick your fights.

I am happy to give you my name and if you want my driver's licence, but I am not letting you take my photo sorry. The really fucked up part is that they keep it for 12 months. YES 12 friggin months. These people are not the Police and given that it's stored on a database which is open for hacking.

This is an example of something you cannot win. They are going to take your picture, videotape you, and also store the media and unless your country or state has laws against it, there is nothing you can do. If you draw attention to yourself by making demands, whining or complaining, you will get "special" treatment and that is not a good thing. In this case,, AVOID. Don't go back to that building. You already know they are taking photos, so choosing to go back is on you and not on them. Make your associates meet you on turf you feel comfortable on. If they can't, then move on.

I respectfully questioned it but managed to meet my friend who let me in but what kind of a building treats you as a criminal from the start? The really disturbing part is that people were OKAY to have their photos taken without questioning it. I go, you haven't done anything wrong.There are security cameras around in case someone does, why do you need to take photographs of everyone? This is why we can't have nice things anymore. Too many stupid people on this planet and they have let fear rob of our civil liberties.

The video and photos are necessary for the protection of everyone in the building and everywhere else. Somebody taking your photo should not be a source of concern unless you have done something wrong. Just make sure your body, your hair and clothes are neat and clean!

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hmmmm....

w00t.png

I think I'm gonna buy myself one of those sweet sweet antimatter condensers.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, that gave me a nice jump!

w00tb.png

From 5.733 to 7.336 billion CPS.