Cookie Clicker! The most addictive game ever.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Is it worth it to ascend? It says you lose all your cookies and start over from scratch but you have prestige. What's the deal?

I think this will explain it best.

http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Chips

Basically by resetting in that way (only after having achieved a certain amount of cookies) would create benefits for you during the next round. You should soon be able to hit your previous amount of CPS (that's cookies per second, not Consumer Protection Services) after a reset.

I think this will explain it best.

http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Chips

Basically by resetting in that way (only after having achieved a certain amount of cookies) would create benefits for you during the next round. You should soon be able to hit your previous amount of CPS (that's cookies per second, not Consumer Protection Services) after a reset.

Do I lose my factories and temples and grandmas in the process?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Do I lose my factories and temples and grandmas in the process?
Yes, a reset means that you loose all those things you purchased. But you'll be able to buy them back much quicker than you think because you'll be stronger from the start when you have some heavenly chips. I'm not sure how it works exactly now because I haven't reset yet this time around. You may find now that you appear to be plateauing as you are making progress less fast than in the beginning, even though of course you are still making progress. But if you do the reset earning some HC you will be making progress quicker.

How many HC would you stand to gain if you do a reset now? For me it says this.

prestige.png

Honestly, I'm in doubt whether there is any sense in me waiting until the next level before doing a reset.

One tip though, don't do a reset just before going to bed (if you leave the thing running overnight that is) because you'll have to play for a couple of hours to get back up to a somewhat decent CPS rate.

Yes, a reset means that you loose all those things you purchased. But you'll be able to buy them back much quicker than you think because you'll be stronger from the start when you have some heavenly chips. I'm not sure how it works exactly now because I haven't reset yet this time around. You may find now that you appear to be plateauing as you are making progress less fast than in the beginning, even though of course you are still making progress. But if you do the reset earning some HC you will be making progress quicker.

How many HC would you stand to gain if you do a reset now? For me it says this.

View attachment 34114

Honestly, I'm in doubt whether there is any sense in me waiting until the next level before doing a reset.

One tip though, don't do a reset just before going to bed (if you leave the thing running overnight that is) because you'll have to play for a couple of hours to get back up to a somewhat decent CPS rate.

I've only got 1 HC right now so I'm not sure if it's worth it. My issue is that it gets boring at this point waiting to rack up a trillion cookies just to upgrade.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Also, I had 1 sugar crystal drop already but I can't find it. I don't know if it was autoharvested and the points were added in or what became of it. Have another growing fast though.

Click on Stats. Does it say "Sugar lumps harvested: 1"? If so, you may be able to level up one of your type of "buildings" or your cursors. This is a new thing so I'm not really sure what is best there. I leveled up my Alchemy Labs which means they produce 1 extra % of cps. About to have my second sugar lump auto harvested. I'm not trying to harvest it prematurely as there is a 50% chance that I get nothing which seems not worth the risk after all the time it took to build up.

Click on Stats. Does it say "Sugar lumps harvested: 1"? If so, you may be able to level up one of your type of "buildings" or your cursors. This is a new thing so I'm not really sure what is best there. I leveled up my Alchemy Labs which means they produce 1 extra % of cps. About to have my second sugar lump auto harvested. I'm not trying to harvest it prematurely as there is a 50% chance that I get nothing which seems not worth the risk after all the time it took to build up.

It does say 1 has been harvested but it's not letting me click on it or sell it. Not sure how to utilize it.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It does say 1 has been harvested but it's not letting me click on it or sell it. Not sure how to utilize it.

You can upgrade at the places where you see the red arrows.

example.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
CookieClicker needs its own thread! I left mine running all night, and my Wizard Towers made 2.2 billion cookies overnight. I have no HCs yet, and I am not even at 1 million cookies per second yet!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
CookieClicker needs its own thread! I left mine running all night, and my Wizard Towers made 2.2 billion cookies overnight. I have no HCs yet, and I am not even at 1 million cookies per second yet!

You need to click those golden cookies. ;) And invest in some upgrades I guess.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just reset my cookies. I gained 4 heavenly chips. I could spend 1 chip to upgrade to an upgrade tree, leaving me with 3 chips. Turns out you have various upgrades to choose from, but the cheapest one costs 5 chips. And the cheapest after that cost 9 chips each for two types of upgrades. And others yet much more.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
This screenshot was taken exactly 24 hours after my reset.

screencapture-orteil-dashnet-org-cookieclicker-2018-05-21-22_22_05.png

I should have kept mine going longer before resetting. I think that's what I'll do this time.

I'm only at 85 million CPS. Left it on overnight but only reached 3 trillion banked. The upgrades available are all super expensive so I think I'll just keep buying wizard towers and temples as they make the most CPS. It's kind of boring now as it's mostly a waiting game.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm only at 85 million CPS. Left it on overnight but only reached 3 trillion banked. The upgrades available are all super expensive so I think I'll just keep buying wizard towers and temples as they make the most CPS. It's kind of boring now as it's mostly a waiting game.
Can you provide a screenshot of your upgrades and buildings?