Continuum - This one is a Keeper! Season Two already approved

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So, no one else thought last nights episode was just "meh"? Carlos is still being beaten savagely in each episode apparently, which is either good or bad depending on how much you like the character. He's also still clueless about Kiera being from the future. :rolleyes:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
So, no one else thought last nights episode was just "meh"? Carlos is still being beaten savagely in each episode apparently, which is either good or bad depending on how much you like the character. He's also still clueless about Kiera being from the future. :rolleyes:

I saw it. Carlos was conveniently facing the other way the moment she took out her super-duper-miniature stun thingy to subdue super regeneration powered angry black dude and leave Carlos thinking he strangle-held him into unconsciousness.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I saw it. Carlos was conveniently facing the other way the moment she took out her super-duper-miniature stun thingy to subdue super regeneration powered angry black dude and leave Carlos thinking he strangle-held him into unconsciousness.

Carlos was also conveniently facing the other way the moment she whipped out her wrist control pad on her Wonder Woman suit to engage the shield to deflect the bullets that were coming their way by the armored truck. I suppose having Carlos face the other way is Season 2's answer to Season 1 where he conveniently got knocked out every time she used her super powers. We should all be thankful that Carlos is sustaining less blunt force head trauma this season -- although that seems to mean that the rest of his body is being used as a pinata instead, poor guy.
:anim_39:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Carlos was also conveniently facing the other way the moment she whipped out her wrist control pad on her Wonder Woman suit to engage the shield to deflect the bullets that were coming their way by the armored truck. I suppose having Carlos face the other way is Season 2's answer to Season 1 where he conveniently got knocked out every time she used her super powers. We should all be thankful that Carlos is sustaining less blunt force head trauma this season -- although that seems to mean that the rest of his body is being used as a pinata instead, poor guy.
:anim_39:

He is the Curly of Continuum...:) (a Three Stooges reference). He becomes nothing but a prop when those moments are in the show. Poor guy...and he seems hopelessly clueless when he sees these things happen to him. Im surprised they don't just freeze him in time more (didn't they try that one already in season one?).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much will Carlos get beat up in tonight's episode? I'm going with a solid 8. ;)

Bluce Ree

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much will Carlos get beat up in tonight's episode? I'm going with a solid 8. ;)

We should start a poll.

Bluce Ree - massive head wound that will be all better by episode's end

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well he managed to survive being shot despite being caught smack in the middle of a barrage of bullets. :rolleye0014:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
If that is the "flash" episode, did you notice anything else, especially the new character that is being set-up to be in the next five or six episodes?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The girlfriend?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Should someone change the title of this thread? Continuum has been picked up for a third season.

That it has...I am not sure how to do it without merging it into a new thread with the new title. That gives me an opportunity to post it in the blog again with all the comments. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Gosh, I wonder if Carlos can withstand a third season of endless beatings? :(

Bluce Ree

That it has...I am not sure how to do it without merging it into a new thread with the new title. That gives me an opportunity to post it in the blog again with all the comments. :)

You can edit thread titles when viewing threads by forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Gosh, I wonder if Carlos can withstand a third season of endless beatings? :(

Edited for number of Season 3 episodes: 13!!! Nice round number if you ask me.

We assume Carlos will be alive by time Series 3 comes about?

I guess Showcase got a little brave around Episode 4 - 5 and they decided to throw some extra money into the pot. What could go wrong in an episode that features new characters; girl hand-to-hand combat; two cat suits; and more time travellers?

It is unfortunate that in the States, fantasy trumps sci-fi. If they introduced Babylon-5 this year instead of twenty years ago would it still have legs.

Bluce Ree

Is it just me or is this show actually getting better? I just watched tonight's ep and it was on-story. They spent the entire episode advancing the actual story. No chasing purse snatchers or rubber check writers or public urinators. Carlos didn't need to get knocked out because they weren't wasting another episode solving a petty crime.

I enjoyed this episode. If it continues this way, I'm gonna love this show. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is it just me or is this show actually getting better? I just watched tonight's ep and it was on-story. They spent the entire episode advancing the actual story. No chasing purse snatchers or rubber check writers or public urinators. Carlos didn't need to get knocked out because they weren't wasting another episode solving a petty crime.

I enjoyed this episode. If it continues this way, I'm gonna love this show. :)

Missed tonight's episode. Just caught the tail end where the chick is crying and Carlos moves in to "comfort" her. Dog has moves, I'll give him that. :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

CONFESSION: I avoided watching this show's second season until I knew they would not REALLY screw it up. I have downloaded all 8 episodes and will be watching them in a marathon tonight. I will weigh in when I have seen a few of them, and I will be caught up to you guys. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I have to admit, starting from Episode 3 that the writers have finally got their crappacollie together. They must of been passing Cubans around the office once they saw the final product.

This is the first of a string of very interesting episodes. Seeing Patric Gilmore in that 'Second Skin' was a hoot. I know him more as "Drexler" from The Killing and never noticed him in Universe.