Chicago Creation Con - SGU Vent Session

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
And another write up from a fan who attened the con:

weird that they seemed to think BJS was the best of the sgpoop crowd! maybe he comes across better in person? or he doesnt want confrontation?

just seems odd.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
We'd be in S7 Atlantis now wouldn't we?

Brian's Mom? :rotflmao:

This stuff sounds too good.

Comments I've seen by Shanks previously have been the same (similar to RDA). I sure seem to think that they (SG/A actors) know no one's buying into this steaming pile. Face it Brad Wright and Polloxzzi, you've put the magazine in the toilet and now you're dragging down the conventions. No one wants what you're selling. Your little film school experiment is a massive Fail.

stclare

Brian's Mom? :rotflmao:

This stuff sounds too good.

Comments I've seen by Shanks previously have been the same (similar to RDA). I sure seem to think that they (SG/A actors) know no one's buying into this steaming pile. Face it Brad Wright and Polloxzzi, you've put the magazine in the toilet and now you're dragging down the conventions. No one wants what you're selling. You little film school experiment is a massive Fail.

Wasnt it Malozzi who said Unitrash was making the franchise stronger? yep i can see that :puke:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This deserves a separate rant!

The SGU meet and greet had 5 attendees, 3 of whom were teenage boys. The surprise guest was BRIAN'S MOM.

:facepalm:

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I would imagine Sat was a rowdy day where people ask questions like "Who's a better kisser? Chris Judge or Ben Browder" and everyone just has a riot. Sunday though, I would perdict it be calm and awkwardly silent.

That is frikken hilarious that more people cheered they didn't like SGU when Shanks asked them!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
But....why????

I don't think Creation actually planned for her to be a guest at the meet and greet; she was there and wanted to be in attendance (or maybe insisted on attending it), so they let her sit in on it as a 'surprise guest' LOL

Brian's MOM?

1. Sherry is NOT a cast member
  2. Sherry is NOT on the production team or filming crew
  3. Sherry is NOT Brian's agent or manager
  4. Sherry is NOT an actress, nor does she ever appear on Stargate Universe even as an extra
WHY would she even be in a pool of potential guests? Were Elyse Levesque's, Jameel Smith's, or David Blue's mom also scheduled as guests at the con? (I already know the answer to that).

So WHY would Sherry Harris ever be a guest at ANY Stargate event even if just for SGU?

SHE PUSHED HER WAY IN, just like she is doing to Brian's career. This is Brian's FIRST tv series, and she is ruining his debut in a very big way and she doesnt realize it or care. She DOES read this forum, so she has heard reasonable objections to her behavior towards Brian's career...why does she not listen? She needs a MAN in her life, and thats why she has so much time to play helicopter mom with Brian. :icon_e_wink:

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Brian's MOM?

1. Sherry is NOT a cast member
  2. Sherry is NOT on the production team or filming crew
  3. Sherry is NOT Brian's agent or manager
  4. Sherry is NOT an actress, nor does she ever appear on Stargate Universe even as an extra
WHY would she even be in a pool of potential guests? Were Elyse Levesque's, Jameel Smith's, or David Blue's mom also scheduled as guests at the con? (I already know the answer to that).

So WHY would Sherry Harris ever be a guest at ANY Stargate event even if just for SGU?

SHE PUSHED HER WAY IN, just like she is doing to Brian's career. This is Brian's FIRST tv series, and she is ruining his debut in a very big way and she doesnt realize it or care. She DOES read this forum, so she has heard reasonable objections to her behavior towards Brian's career...why does she not listen? She needs a MAN in her life, and thats why she has so much time to play helicopter mom with Brian. :icon_e_wink:

You volunteering? :smiley_squee:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG

You volunteering? :smiley_squee:

Uh, I think my girlfriend would have a problem with that! (yep, its her fault!). Not only that, but I think my little head would go braindead on her. :D.

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Uh, I think my girlfriend would have a problem with that! (yep, its her fault!). Not only that, but I think my little head would go braindead on her. :D.

OOOOOOOOOh, now you bring up this mysterious girlfriend. Funny, I don't remember you mentioning her before. I am ashamed of you man, really. You won't even take one for the team, as it were. Think of the children!

:icon_razz: :icon_e_surprised: :icon_twisted: :P :icon_e_wink: :eek: :D :icon_eek: :redface:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I never involve her.

OOOOOOOOOh, now you bring up this mysterious girlfriend. Funny, I don't remember you mentioning her before. I am ashamed of you man, really. You won't even take one for the team, as it were. Think of the children!

:icon_razz: :icon_e_surprised: :icon_twisted: :P :icon_e_wink: :eek: :D :icon_eek: :redface:

I would rather she not know about my internet activities! She is a medical geek. We dont live together. Im saving myself for Sherry!

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Also, somone transcribed Michael Shanks' talk, here is the part where he talked about SGU:
Where did you get the transcript for the conventions?

Comments I've seen by Shanks previously have been the same (similar to RDA).
Where did RDA talk about SGU?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
the truth comes out!

I would rather she not know about my internet activities! She is a medical geek. We dont live together. Im saving myself for Sherry!
I knew it!!! you are a closet Sherry fan! ;) time to "come out of the closet" my friend! :laughing:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

And Sunday wasn't nearly as much fun as Saturday (but could anything be??) since it was SGU day and I am not a big SGU fan. I still had a good time with good friends. I took my new friends Sorcha and Ryan shopping (the kids I met in line for Hewlett's photo op, remember?) with my gift certificate that I won at the costume contest. They seemed pretty happy with that.
The SGU people were... well, I don't know. They're pretty and I'm sure they're talented and doing a great job, but VERY few people at the con wanted to see them. In fact, on Saturday, Michael Shanks asked the audience how many people liked Universe and how many didn't and the dislikers were WAAAAY louder than those who like it. It doesn't make a ton of sense for those of us who like SG1 and SGA to like SGU, with the changes in tone and everything. And we're not the casual fans at the con, we're the die hard crazy ass fans. So, the fan and SGU cast interactions were honestly a little awkwardy, a little frosty.

Brian Jacob Smith seems like he handled it the best, gave great answers. Alaina Huffman the worst. I mean, she's a super gorgeous woman, but she seemed the most reserved and defensive. Elyse was a bit in the middle of Brian's affability and gregariousness and Alaina's slightly standoffish behavior.

I really don't want to criticize them. They all did well in, consdiering what they were facing, which is an audience that doeWhat sn't really like their show, but paid for 3 days of a convention and were going to stay the whole time, dammit. There are some people who are openly hostile to SGU... mostly the audience was polite, but polite is a lot different than the passionate excitment of Saturday. It was definitely a let down. Again, totally not the SGU actors fault. I'd blame Creation, I guess. SGU has such a different tone than Atlantis and SG-1, you can't expect a huge cross-over fan base. Also, only 1 season of SGU has aired, so how could their actors possibly have as much to talk about as those from SGA and SG1??
What DID surprise me was that no one seemed to show up for Sunday only. It was ALL people from the first 2 days. So there were no new SGU fans in the audience who showed up at that con. I don't know if that was telling, or what. It was surprising to me. I thought that some of the people who probably only like SGU would've came just to see them on Sunday. But it didn't work out that way.

You want to hear what most of the SGA & SG1 fans' biggest complaint was about SGU? At least the ones that I talked to? It was the amorality of people using the body swapping communication stones to have sex using other people's bodies. That offended and turned off at least 7 people that I spoke to about it. Our whole breakfast table found that ICKY and too dark and weird for our taste. So yeah, that's that. con:

Haha that's brilliant! So this anonymous fan who was at the convention, is not a "hater" & as far as I can tell not a member here & is giving an unbiased account of the events as they transpired at the convention.

Let's put it this way to TPTB - who are the people who slate SGU at this site?...................... Stargate fans!

Who are the people who spend time, money, fuel & effort to go to STARGATE CONVENTIONS?.......................... Stargate fans!

& last of all, who are the majority of attendees who made such a loud noise to declare their dislike for SGPOO?...................... Stargate fans!

So I think all 3 of those questions put to bed the BS that the other side & TPTB have been spouting for months - we are not the fringe! We are the mouth pieces, the epitomy of majority Stargate fans. We are simply the vocal minority of an overall silent majority that has been disenchanted & disenfranchised by TPTB & their egotistical agenda in creating this dog wank. Rant over.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Another brief description of the con:
Sunday

Went to the breakfast, and for the most part enjoyed it. The three guests from SGU came and mingled. I'll be honest, I went for the fruit, bagel, coffee, and muffin. They were great people but as hard as I tried I'm not a fan of the SGU. Too dark and depressing for me after having watched SG-1 and SGA. I will watch the SGU episode that has McKay in it.....cause I'm a McKay girl.

Sat in on the Q & A that had all three actors, as we waited for the upgrades for next year to start. Bryan said that the SG-1 fans was upset about the SGA and this is no different......but as a few other fans pointed out.....SG-1 wasn't canceled to start SGA up. Sorry, but I don't like SGU because of not being entertained by the dark theme and plot....I have nothing against the actors this is their show, and I wish them luck...........

(The reason I'm not posting the links to these comments is that, over the years, I know some LJ users have been upset when links have been posted to various forums, including Gateworld, These are all LJ entries and all are public, but since I have not actually asked for permission to post the link I won't. I'm sorry, because I usally try to link everything I post. However, every one of these are on LiveJournal and were found through an IceRocket or Google blogsearch. Entered the various actors names as search terms.)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

(The reason I'm not posting the links to these comments is that, ... I'm sorry, because I usally try to link everything I post.

It must freak some sites out to see their top referrer is sgusucks.com.

stclare

(The reason I'm not posting the links to these comments is that, over the years, I know some LJ users have been upset when links have been posted to various forums, including Gateworld, These are all LJ entries and all are public, but since I have not actually asked for permission to post the link I won't. I'm sorry, because I usally try to link everything I post. However, every one of these are on LiveJournal and were found through an IceRocket or Google blogsearch. Entered the various actors names as search terms.)

em i wonder of this poster meant fans actualy TOLD the actors that or they discused it amongst themselves?

also on lj i see a difference between the amount of reports and photos for fri/sat and the amount posted for sunday very telling imho that gpoop doesnt have that many fanatical fans running around - seems like the posters for sunday were non sgu fans, go figure!

SerenityS

GateFans Member
em i wonder of this poster meant fans actualy TOLD the actors that or they discused it amongst themselves?

also on lj i see a difference between the amount of reports and photos for fri/sat and the amount posted for sunday very telling imho that gpoop doesnt have that many fanatical fans running around - seems like the posters for sunday were non sgu fans, go figure!

I think people must have said some things (politely I gather) to the actors as that one comment from BJS about how things were the same for SGA when it started must have been in response to a question, perhaps?

Also those con organizers better hope the SG1 and SGA actors never move on enough so that they stop doing cons. If they rely on the SGU folk to bring in the attendees I predict an end to Creation SG cons.

stclare

I think people must have said some things (politely I gather) to the actors as that one comment from BJS about how things were the same for SGA when it started must have been in response to a question, perhaps?

Also those con organizers better hope the SG1 and SGA actors never move on enough so that they stop doing cons. If they rely on the SGU folk to bring in the attendees I predict an end to Creation SG cons.

I wish there was video of this weekend!