Cat Lovers Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cats are like antidepressant but I come first. I have a few things to sort out and then maybe I'll look into taking care of them. If i was to take care of right now, it would be irresponsible which is why I much rather look at them as they turn that frown right side up.

Cats are easy to take care of! They do require a little effort, but not nearly as much as a dog.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I meant taking care of something so precious does require TLC but the person taking care of something so precious needs to be mentally and physically stable.

The thing is that caring for a cat can help a person become more mentally stable. It would only be bad for an unstable person to take care of a cat if they were so unstable that the cat could suffer. You seem plenty stable enough to take care of a cat.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Cats are very sensitive to their humans. They can tell if you are feeling depressed, angry, anxious, etc. They respond by cuddling or sitting on you. It's hard to explain, but it is very therapeutic. If you do decide to get a cat, make sure you get to know it a little first. There is a cat cafe which has an adoption day near me, and people just sit and the cats are let out and they choose their humans. Or, you can choose based on breed traits. Maine Coons are awesome. :) But all cats are cool no matter what their breeding. Ba'al is right about having a cat making you more mentally stable.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I thought this old commercial from Three.co.uk was cute. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

How can you love kitties so much but won't get one? :) It will change you. Just understand that the kittens always become full grown CATS, and to me they are just as cute when grown up. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not well physically and am short of cash which is why I look at cats everyday to get my spirit up. I got to spend 7 grand on this operation

I think you only like kittens though. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Guilty! Because I like to see them smile and meowing. They are so precious though.

Full grown cats meow and smile too. :) Sometimes when I am cuddling Siete, I look at his little face in my hands and imagine him as a kitten (I got him full grown). He loves me, and he smiles when I come home and meows CONSTANTLY.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
forgot to post this when it happened over the winter:

found a great way to keep cats from scratching stained or bare wood work/ wood furniture

ours kept scratching this one doorway frame piece. only place it scratched in the whole house

it refused to use the cat tree or other pieces of bare lumber i left for it in the basement (where its food and litter box are)

so i put a good amount of plain Vaseline on the wood frame over the whole zone she was scratching in

she tried to scratch one time, felt the heavy goo and never again

even when i eventually cleaned it off, she still leaves it alone

it is also a good way of half way repairing the scratches. the Vaseline tends to slightly darken the bare wood in the scratch marks. and since it is petroleum based, it is a good wood preserver/gloss coat as well

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
click on the first image because it's animated.

That Scottish Fold kitty (bottom) is so cute! :) But, like the Munchkin cat, they are mutants. They do not live as long as other cats, but they are absolutely adorable. The stretching kitty at the top is doing what lots of cats do when they wake up. :)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
TO me 3 things shouldn't exist in this sick/cruel world but does. Kittens, music and the internet. Three of the most precious things on earth and people take these things for granted. I owe these 3 things everything.

I love animals. I love nature too. I know that all of it has a balance that has come about naturally, and I resent pet breeders, safaris, animal parks, zoos, and ESPECIALLY people who create these mutated breeds of cats and dogs because they want a "certain look". These breeders will force mate brother and sister, mother and offspring, father and daughter, etc.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That's just wrong. It's fucked up how we humans mto push that idea onto other species and try to play God. We love interfering with nature it seems.

Yep. :(. Not everyone though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, he can still take care one by joining a local vet clinic. I know I've joined a cat protection society here in Melbourne

https://www.catprotection.com.au/

BIG bro hug from me for that work you are doing! I think that is an awesome way to show your love for animals without having to take on extra work at home. And you get to interact with so many more cats! I think I would find work like that very rewarding. :) Siete approves. :cat:

IMG_20190805_071133.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
What a handsome guy he has grown up to be! Wow, he is the quintessential Maine Coon, complete with his full on ear tufts. :) His markings are awesome too! How is he behaving now?
He's about the size of Ba'al by now and his behavior hasn't changed much. He's a bit more easy going, but not much.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He's about the size of Ba'al by now and his behavior hasn't changed much. He's a bit more easy going, but not much.

He should end up between 16 and 22 pounds by the end of his second year (fully grown). The cat hierarchy will probably change by then, with Apophis being the alpha.