Brand new shows this year

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
So far, I have picked up some interest in new shows. They might not be top grade but some have potential. I have seen Limitless, Minority Report, Quantico, and they are okay. I got pretty sucked into Blindspot and found myself laughing my butt off at Life in Pieces. :cool: I have fingers crossed for the new Syfy stuff Childhood's End and The Expanse, but that is not out for awhile. I also like to see Code Black and Chicago Med not be an ER rip off and I am really looking forward to more of Lucifer. I like Gary Sinese but I don't have high hopes for the CSI international show because the CSI Cyber sucks big fat donkey cajones. The Frankenstein code peaks my interest, I think that could go either way, totally cool or total crap.

Any hoo, that's my thoughts, how about you all?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am very curious about Minority Report. I watched Quantico last night...meh. Im really wanting to see Limitless. I have not seen Blindspot. What is it about? Also, if you have not been watching Z Nation, you need to. It is hilarious. Not a run of the mill zombie show at all. :)

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I am very curious about Minority Report. I watched Quantico last night...meh. Im really wanting to see Limitless. I have not seen Blindspot. What is it about? Also, if you have not been watching Z Nation, you need to. It is hilarious. Not a run of the mill zombie show at all. :)
I really don't care for zombies. I do watch the izombie on CW but perhaps I could consider a marathon of znation for Halloween. I don't want to give anything away about Blindspot, it is best to just watch it...blind. I agree about Quantico but I sense a 24 feel of twists and turns, so I am keeping it on watch list for now.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I was able to watch the pilots of Minority Report, Blindspot, Limitless and Lucifer early. The latter I never finished. I had heard there were some shakeups in writing staff/producers on Minority Report, and that the pilot had been re-shot or edited, so I watched it again on its premiere. It wasn't any better. I won't be watching more of any of these unless I hear extremely good things about them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was able to watch the pilots of Minority Report, Blindspot, Limitless and Lucifer early. The latter I never finished. I had heard there were some shakeups in writing staff/producers on Minority Report, and that the pilot had been re-shot or edited, so I watched it again on its premiere. It wasn't any better. I won't be watching more of any of these unless I hear extremely good things about them.

LUCIFER! Yeaaaaahhhhhh! I loved the first episode, and the setup. The Devil needs no backstory. :) Love the show a lot. Looks very expensive to produce though...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You should all be watching GOTHAM

S2 is far less "kids stuff" and is getting into the beginnings of Joker's crimesprees and Penguin's rise to the top of the city underworld

------------
BASTARD EXECUTIONER is going ok so far--slow paced, but that is Sutter's style. If you didn't like EITHER The SHIELD or Sons of Anarchy, then you probably won't like this

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

S2 is far less "kids stuff" and is getting into the beginnings of Joker's crimesprees and Penguin's rise to the top of the city underworld

------------
BASTARD EXECUTIONER is going ok so far--slow paced, but that is Sutter's style. If you didn't like EITHER The SHIELD or Sons of Anarchy, then you probably won't like this

Welllll.........:ronnon_whistling: :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

------------

I cynically thought GOTHAM would be a crap show at first so I didn't give it much attention. But I've seen several episodes including the season 2 premiere and I have to give it props. The production values are quite good and it's very stylish. They definitely have put some effort into producing it. Good show. :beckett_new049:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I like Gotham, waiting for S2 to break out here. (Next week I think for Arrow/Flash/Gotham)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Welllll.........:ronnon_whistling: :P

yeah-you probably wouldn't like it

there are 2 eps out if you want to try one to see if you like- I recommend you FF through the first ep and just pause to watch the important parts (skip the dreams, flashbacks, just watch when the main character is interacting with his buds or with the witchy-ish character (Katey SAGAL)

Then watch all of the 2nd ep--it starts getting better

IMO, Both SHIELD and SoA started this way as well. though BLUCE may disagree :love_heart:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I cynically thought GOTHAM would be a crap show at first so I didn't give it much attention. But I've seen several episodes including the season 2 premiere and I have to give it props. The production values are quite good and it's very stylish. They definitely have put some effort into producing it. Good show. :beckett_new049:

last season we got a quick flash by Lucius Fox, it seems he will be a far more regular character this yr. Lucius Fox-- BATMAN's "Q"

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well to be fair SoA is more like watching a train wreck in slow motion. And I don't mean train wreck in terms of bad show but rather in terms of the world of SAMCRO falling slowly apart from the machinations of Gemma and Clay. And the extreme solution that the built up consequences of those two forced Jax to in the finale.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh, no we shouldn't, and you can't make me. Biggest disappointment for me last year.

I give dispensation to all who rejected the first season :icon_lol:

One can easily start off with the season having never seen S1-you'd just be missing some details. It is a much changed show this yr IMO

What didn't you like about S1? I admit,it had its bad parts, but I thought they were forgivable

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, no we shouldn't, and you can't make me. Biggest disappointment for me last year.

I watched the first two episodes and was turned off, not just indifferent. I think the kids turned me off. I wasnt going with the backstory they were creating for the villians or Wayne.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I give dispensation to all who rejected the first season :icon_lol:

One can easily start off with the season having never seen S1-you'd just be missing some details. It is a much changed show this yr IMO

What didn't you like about S1? I admit,it had its bad parts, but I thought they were forgivable

See comment above this one. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yeah-you probably wouldn't like it

there are 2 eps out if you want to try one to see if you like- I recommend you FF through the first ep and just pause to watch the important parts (skip the dreams, flashbacks, just watch when the main character is interacting with his buds or with the witchy-ish character (Katey SAGAL)

Then watch all of the 2nd ep--it starts getting better

IMO, Both SHIELD and SoA started this way as well. though BLUCE may disagree :love_heart:

I liked The Shield. Perhaps because it was the first "gritty" cop/thug show to make a splash. Even then, that whole corrupt cops/seedy underbelly thing is a HUGE turn-off for me. I don't like seeing it (my dad was a cop and a good one), and I do not give a shit about gangsters and thugs and don’t want to see them. Having said that, you can understand why I would not like Oz, SoA or Breaking Bad. I am just not interested in seeing meth dealers, druggies, biker gangs, crooked cops and violent psychopathic criminals. Not even in drama. And dont even get me started on Dexter and Hannibal. :shame:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I liked The Shield. Perhaps because it was the first "gritty" cop/thug show to make a splash. Even then, that whole corrupt cops/seedy underbelly thing is a HUGE turn-off for me. I don't like seeing it (my dad was a cop and a good one), and I do not give a shit about gangsters and thugs and don’t want to see them. Having said that, you can understand why I would not like Oz, SoA or Breaking Bad. I am just not interested in seeing meth dealers, druggies, biker gangs, crooked cops and violent psychopathic criminals. Not even in drama. And dont even get me started on Dexter and Hannibal. :shame:

I watched The Shield for awhile, but only because I had a thing for Michael Pena. :icon_twisted: :chuncky:

roflbot(2).jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I watched the first two episodes and was turned off, not just indifferent. I think the kids turned me off. I wasnt going with the backstory they were creating for the villians or Wayne.

so what 'backstory' do you choose to follow? the comic books?

that is exactly why I liked the Dark Knight movies and Gotham--no comic bookish characters--that is no special powers, no catwoman who was licked back to life by cats, no penguin with Penguin like feet,etc,etc

just realistic ppl--the villains are quite twisted yes, but not something better presented in a cartoon
the heroes are just guys who have super cool tech and do a hell of a lot of trng

----------------

the "kids" are not kids anymore--the innocence is gone--Sabrina Kyle is now part of penguins gang and bruce wayne is under estimated by his "enemies" at wayne enterprises and a boy turned man far beyond his yrs

just me though