Batman: The Dark Knight Rises

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
the joy of ladies purses! you can smuggle lots in. the benefits of living in an area that has winter-- BIG pockets in winter coats! :biggrin:

Ah that takes me back. I remember in my misspent youth when my we'd load up my brother's girlfriend's giant purse with bottles of beer (yes, glass bottles, we weren't heathens after all, geez). It was hilarious how she'd normally carry this tiny little clutch purse but when a group of us would go to the movies she'd break out a giant, black shoulder bag.

We still laugh about the time we were watching some lousy Sylvester Stallone movie (granted, they're all lousy) and a couple of the empty bottles were accidentally kicked over and rolled all the way down the theater aisle clinking the whole way. It couldn't have happened at a more quiet moment in the film and every clink of the glass sounded sooooo loud. A little later an usher picked up one of the bottles that had made its way to the very front of the theater. She just shrugged and tossed the bottle in the garbage. Gotta love the good old days.
:glee:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah that takes me back. I remember in my misspent youth when my we'd load up my brother's girlfriend's giant purse with bottles of beer (yes, glass bottles, we weren't heathens after all, geez). It was hilarious how she'd normally carry this tiny little clutch purse but when a group of us would go to the movies she'd break out a giant, black shoulder bag.

We still laugh about the time we were watching some lousy Sylvester Stallone movie (granted, they're all lousy) and a couple of the empty bottles were accidentally kicked over and rolled all the way down the theater aisle clinking the whole way. It couldn't have happened at a more quiet moment in the film and every clink of the glass sounded sooooo loud. A little later an usher picked up one of the bottles that had made its way to the very front of the theater. She just shrugged and tossed the bottle in the garbage. Gotta love the good old days.
:glee:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can so hear that bottle rolling down the floor!

:laughing::icon_rotflmao::crying-028::smiley-laughing024:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Regal Cinemas was trying to do you a favor, those cookies are loaded with carbs after all. :winking0052:

LOL! They just want to sell me the Gummy Nerds, Popcorn soaked in "butter" (OMG, it looks like yellow grease), and the candy assortment. :) They just get mad when people walk in with a 2 liter bottle of water which cost a dollar, when the concessions sells a 16oz water for 4 dollars. :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
LOL! They just want to sell me the Gummy Nerds, Popcorn soaked in "butter" (OMG, it looks like yellow grease), and the candy assortment. :) They just get mad when people walk in with a 2 liter bottle of water which cost a dollar, when the concessions sells a 16oz water for 4 dollars. :facepalm:

You know, if they lowered their prices they'd probably make up the difference and then some in volume. After all, you had Starbucks which isn't cheap to begin with, so if they can't compete with that then there's definitely a problem there. Blows my mind that no one can figure that out.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Theatre concessionaire to my friend: You want butter with that?
Friend: No, just put that @&*% on it you put on everyone else's.
Me: spit-take

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Theatre concessionaire to my friend: You want butter with that?
Friend: No, just put that @&*% on it you put on everyone else's.
Me: spit-take

LOL! I mean...what is that shit? It looks more like some sort of lubrication fluid you put in a sewing machine or a hand drill. Scary looking, especially when you see them putting it on the popcorn. $6.00 for a medium. I wanted to cry RAPE!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
There is a reason why you guys call it the "concession stand" :lol:

LOL - I never thought about it that way. "I concede my hard earned dollars for overpriced treats". :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im not hearing bad things about this Batman movie. I got a few "meh", but mostly "It was cool, if you saw the first two. You should go see it." That is high praise coming from a friend who did not like Batman until Batman Begins. Perhaps I will see it...is there a 3D version?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Im not hearing bad things about this Batman movie. I got a few "meh", but mostly "It was cool, if you saw the first two. You should go see it." That is high praise coming from a friend who did not like Batman until Batman Begins. Perhaps I will see it...is there a 3D version?
Nope, it's all blessedly 2D.

G

Graybrew1

I saw this movie and I can say that I really liked it. It was a big long and there was some scenes that were a bit too long but overall it was good Batman fun.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I saw this movie and I can say that I really liked it. It was a big long and there was some scenes that were a bit too long but overall it was good Batman fun.

Nobody I know said they didn't like the movie. For me, if a movie does not make you say its bad, then it is worth seeing! Im gonna see it. :) I was off to see Spiderman last Wednesday but got detoured. I will have to see that first. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I know that Julie Newmar, who played Catwoman (along with Eartha Kitt) on the television version of Batman doesn't like the whole series and finds them "too dark". Of course, the version of Batman that she was in was high camp, too.

Gawd only knew what you wouldn't find in Batman's utility belt? Remember the BatBoat? LOL

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Nobody I know said they didn't like the movie. For me, if a movie does not make you say its bad, then it is worth seeing! Im gonna see it. :) I was off to see Spiderman last Wednesday but got detoured. I will have to see that first. :)

- backpack with snacks
- free your entire day

That's your checklist to see both on one ticket the same day (pay one, sneak into the other). Between the two of them, you'll be at the theater at least 5 hours. :D

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I thought it was good but not as great as the previous two. Think it tried to do too much. Catwoman was hilarious.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
lol yea, I recognized him immediately though. It's a start though. Nolan likes to reuse actors he has worked with before so who knows.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
ok so finished watching this not 5 minutes ago.

while there were neat stuff going on ie bane as a character overall except the voice which was just cartoony and stupid catwoman whom i thought was just going to be ridiculous played by her and Chris judge altho teal'c got knocked the f'ck out way to easily :rolleyes:, i cant for the life of me see what all hoobla was about sure it wrapped up the trilogy but overall "meh", imo the better movie in this trilogy is by FAR the previous one with the joker..

final score almost a total waste of 3h. :facepalm:
--- merged: Nov 17, 2012 at 3:52 AM ---
raises hand*...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok so finished watching this not 5 minutes ago.

while there were neat stuff going on ie bane as a character overall except the voice which was just cartoony and stupid catwoman whom i thought was just going to be ridiculous played by her and Chris judge altho teal'c got knocked the f'ck out way to easily :rolleyes:, i cant for the life of me see what all hoobla was about sure it wrapped up the trilogy but overall "meh", imo the better movie in this trilogy is by FAR the previous one with the joker..

final score almost a total waste of 3h. :facepalm:
--- merged: Nov 17, 2012 at 3:52 AM ---
raises hand*...

Bad movie?