Batman: The Dark Knight Rises

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
not bad but not good either.. over all "meh" really..
--- merged: Nov 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM ---
i sat thrugh it all and didnt give a rats ass about anything i saw..

I am getting it now. Havent seen yet.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I know I'm late to the game here but like I stated earlier in this thread I wasn't going to bother seeing this film in the theater and it's taken this long for it to pop up on my Netflix cue. (For some reason it kept getting pushed farther down the list in favor of other things I wanted to see.) At any rate, this movie came last week and the first thing I have to say is boy am I glad I didn't waste money seeing this turd in the theater.

This was a horribly produced and directed movie. The story was very convoluted and ultimately unbelievable and just downright stupid. (An entire city held hostage with no one trying to escape??? Oh God how lame! :anim_59:)

Regarding the production, the audio of this film was unbelievably bad. Everyone watching it with me agreed it sucked and we actually turned on the subtitles in order to understand what was being said. I can honestly state that I have never turned on subtitles for any English speaking film in my life.

Also, the fight scenes were horribly choreographed. Watching Kane and Batman fight was cringe inducing it was so bad. You could actually see Christian Bale waiting for his cue to throw a punch. :facepalm:

And where was the character development with Selena Kyle a.k.a "Catwoman"? She just goes from being a cat burglar to wearing a cat costume with no explanation.

This movie was filled with a whole lot of WTF that doesn't deserve to be dissected. It's just not worth it honestly.

The one bright spot was Joseph Gordon-Levitt as "Blake" (who he really is becomes blatantly obvious early on). The character was explored pretty well and was fleshed out and believable. Very good acting job on Levitt's part, which is high praise indeed because I found him very annoying as a child actor. He really has matured and is a genuine talent now.

The bottom line with this film for me is that I'm now left with a bad taste in my mouth. The latest Star Trek movie just came out and although I want to go see it in the theater I'm now hesitating due in no small part to being disappointed by TDK which I was led to believe was a good film but rightly judged as not being theater worthy. :moody:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Think this movie mostly suffered because of the lack of a Joker presence, which is understandable of course but still. I think the whole plot and conclusion would have been different if the Joker was present in this movie. He had the whole city in chaos in the last movie. Opening scene was great though, with the plane.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
OMG did this movie SUCK BALLS. The fight scenes were phoned in. Bale's entire performance was phoned in. Even Freeman's performance was phoned in and Bain sounded like a moron. He was the only thing in this movie that seemed cartoony because of his voice and was, IMO, completely out of place. Gordon was made to look like a fool and lost all his integrity in one stupid weak moment.

I loved Batman Begins and absolutely LOVED The Dark Knight. I disliked this movie. Didn't hate it but didn't really like it, either.

Oh, and the shit-flavored icing on this cake? Robin, just before the ending credits.

There was absolutely no reason to ever create Robin in this universe. He is a relic of the 50s era wholesome element in every story. He has no place in modern Batman. The lone vigilante, the dark knight, is now officially a cartoon. At least Robin was a cop in this movie instead of a stupid 12 year old kid.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The movie was just bad. It took everything that was built up in the first two and flushed it in the crapper. I have *subjective standards*, in other words, if something is "crappy" I can forgive crappy as long as it works. This new version of batman however set a very high bar, and it needed to keep to that to work. According to it's own bar, it sucked.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I liked it. Always liked this iteration of Batman-not so comic booky or fantastical. More like a sci fi as in no one has "super human powers" but all is by training or through advanced tech. Showed very well how no man-no matter how fit or well trained could be able to take all of the abuse Wayne has and keep going--the dark knight is more then the man in the suit,etc.

Even though it is said to be the last one for these tptb's. there is a good segway provided for a continuation of the current run. Like how detective Blake-"robin" could easily become the next dark knight; he gave up his badge and sought out and found the batcave.

Also liked seeing the little bit of good ole "President Henry Hayes" as well :D

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Think the name Robin was entirely fanservice. It was cool how it ended though where he steps on the platform and it 'rises' and bam, the end. But yeah, thought the movie was kinda disappointing which I chalk up to more the lack of a Joker presence and some bad writing. Wish we could have seen what the movie/plot would have been like if Joker was in it.