Am I Alive?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
can we curse here? fight? is it like the Matrix??

I went to the trinkets area but I could not figure out how to obtain them to myself.

Also, what pixel size does the avatar need to be, it kept rejecting mine?

Is it true Gate_Boarder is Caprocaine?

My gods syfrak forum sucked. so good to be out for good.

We have a place for cursing called Flame Hell. You do not have enough posts to access it yet, but you will and you will be able to see it. The avatar SHOULD be 192x192, but if you have any square avatar the system will resize it. The Trinkets just need to be asked for. You cannot put them in your profile by yourself, we (Council) have to do it for you. Just tell us which two you want. And as far as Gate_Boarder, send him a message and ask. :) I dont really know.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
We have a place for cursing called Flame Hell. You do not have enough posts to access it yet, but you will and you will be able to see it. The avatar SHOULD be 192x192, but if you have any square avatar the system will resize it. The Trinkets just need to be asked for. You cannot put them in your profile by yourself, we (Council) have to do it for you. Just tell us which two you want. And as far as Gate_Boarder, send him a message and ask. :) I dont really know.

What about Purgatory? I thought that was also open to arguing and swearing.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

You are quite right! Im still recovering from the Holiday Party last night. :) I made it myself and I forgot? :facepalm:

CylonRomo

GateFans Cadet
The Trinkets just need to be asked for. You cannot put them in your profile by yourself, we (Council) have to do it for you. Just tell us which two you want. And as far as Gate_Boarder, send him a message and ask. :) I dont really know.

I want the surfboard and the arcade console PLEASE :replicatoranime01:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.

I went to the trinkets area but I could not figure out how to obtain them to myself.

if i had my way.. HELL YESH MOTHERFRAKER! :D :P but no.. we still have some "oversensitive crybabies" but most of the time you get away with alot more here then you do elswhere thats for damn sure, and you are allowed to say that something SUCKS which other sites tend to not allow and censor any chance they get.
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM ---
frankly seeing as the board has a profanity filter you can turn on and off and its on be default i dont see why we are not allowed to curse..

*************************************!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
if i had my way.. HELL YESH MOTHERFRAKER! :D :P but no.. we still have some "oversensitive crybabies" but most of the time you get away with alot more here then you do elswhere thats for damn sure, and you are allowed to say that something SUCKS which other sites tend to not allow and censor any chance they get.

frankly seeing as the board has a profanity filter you can turn on and off and its on be default i dont see why we are not allowed to curse..

**********************************!

You just happy I told you about the filter on TOR :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes, you can cut loose in FLAME HELL and it probably won't raise any eyebrows in FLAME PURGATORY either. As I understand it we each have the ability to filter profanity somewhere in our profile set up. Still, I think we try to keep it fairly non-profane in the open forums.

CylonRomo

GateFans Cadet

*************************************!

Hi OMNI did I know you as a different name at Syfrak?
--- merged: Dec 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM ---
and hi Overmind :icon_e_ugeek:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

*****************************************!

It has to do with search engine filtering. Profanity filters work as long as you're in the forum's interface but a crawler can see certain words and assign a rating to the site that may not allow it through certain filters. I know this to be true with T-Mobile, which has "undesirable site" filtering on by default that can be turned off if you call customer service.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It has to do with search engine filtering. Profanity filters work as long as you're in the forum's interface but a crawler can see certain words and assign a rating to the site that may not allow it through certain filters. I know this to be true with T-Mobile, which has "undesirable site" filtering on by default that can be turned off if you call customer service.

Good to know :beckett_new049:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

if you do something you are not supposed to, i am quite sure someone will tell you. you wont get insta banned unless you are spamming or selling crap. so far there is no "silver viper" here

syfy forums are just a way for the 'fans' of syfy to do free PR for syfy. not a very good way-but i am sure someone at syfy thinks they are clever over it.

ever notice how many threads and posts there are there on sg1/sga/sgu, bsg and caprica-even farscape still versus the junk shows? it is extremely pathetic.

in my view it says, at least, 2 things about those shows; 1- that their viewers don't know about the forums or 2- that their viewers don't know how to use a PC. Either way isn't good

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh ok, you are talking about the razor flashbacks right? So i guess we can def say that B&C boys were being "creative" and some would call a -i think its said "retcon(?)" When you (or someone said time diff i thought it was meant between nu BSG and the 1st cylon war-that's the 30-50 yr difference. it is in that period where things may have changed
:beckett_new049:

Yes. We see Galactica in the Razor flashbacks and it looks like it does in the mini and series.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

After watching some performances over at the BSG section at Syffie it ocurrs to me that I should not admit to being Tom_Thumb, Rocky_Klangandbangher, and particularly CaproCaine.:dog:

CylonRomo

GateFans Cadet
Thank you for my icons. I like it here already.

Is there a place people are talking about the new array of Avengers-character films? ie: IM3, Thor2, etc?

CylonRomo

GateFans Cadet
No, you are not alive. Can I have your stereo? No, no, keep your ipod, I just want your stereo.

I don't have a stereo. What is that? I play music through my TV or PC.

Can I have your 8-track player?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Thank you for my icons. I like it here already.

Is there a place people are talking about the new array of Avengers-character films? ie: IM3, Thor2, etc?
not really no considering they are all mass produced superhero action garbage getting amazing praise for no reason what so ever.