Am I Alive?

CylonRomo

GateFans Cadet
I see all my friends are here. I've returned to a pod.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Another SyFy peep?

Are they gonna turn Blood and Chrome into a series or not?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:welcomewagon::welcomewagon::welcomewagon::welcomewagon::welcomewagon:

There is a B&C thread around here somewhere if you are interested............

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
B&C actually started out okay I thought but man did it turn into a turd sandwich later on.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
B&C actually started out okay I thought but man did it turn into a turd sandwich later on.

Sort of. even the visuals did not make sense early on. Galactica with guns covering its topside? The cage-like transport from the hangar bay that looks just like the work platform in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? The bridge being all dark and looking kind of like the Event Horizon? B&C needed to pay attention to the visual and mood aesthetics of the Miniseries which it did not.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sort of. even the visuals did not make sense early on. Galactica with guns covering its topside? The cage-like transport from the hangar bay that looks just like the work platform in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? The bridge being all dark and looking kind of like the Event Horizon? B&C needed to pay attention to the visual and mood aesthetics of the Miniseries which it did not.

Well, didn't the events in nuBSG take place 30 years after B&C? Wouldn't surprise me if a useless battlestar (since they thought the Cylons were gone) had been stripped down or modified. They weren't at war anymore at that point.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It did not look in any way stripped down in the mini or the series. They just gave it a weird gothic look in Blood and Chrome that even looks radically different from the webisodes (which were folded into Razor) that were set only a year later. B&C had a lot of problems especially in the later episodes - this was just one.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
B&C are not episodes it wasnt produced as such its a 90min move split into 10-15min episodes, its a cheap made for tv movie it all its is so dont call it episodes or a series.
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM ---
if anything its a cheap looking pilot.
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM ---
that didnt and hopefully WONT get picked up.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
:welcomewagon:

It did not look in any way stripped down in the mini or the series. They just gave it a weird gothic look in Blood and Chrome that even looks radically different from the webisodes (which were folded into Razor) that were set only a year later. B&C had a lot of problems especially in the later episodes - this was just one.

Actually the Galactica was quite stripped down in the miniseries. You notice right away for example that some sizable chunks of its outer layer of armor have been removed.
SPsLJ.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Actually the Galactica was quite stripped down in the miniseries. You notice right away for example that some sizable chunks of its outer layer of armor have been removed.
SPsLJ.jpg

Actually no, it was not stripped down. They explained the look of the ship. It is a different type of armor specifically designed to dissipate the detonation of conventional and nuclear munitions Also those "ribs" have hundreds of point defense guns between them (that is where the dense cloud of AAA Galactica puts up comes from).

B&C had mass drivers the same size as the main batteries in a big strip down the top of the ship. It looked ridiculous, as did the hitchhikers ripoff gondola and the "Event Horizon" CIC. Now such things by themselves are not total conviction but they do show a lack of trying to keep to the feel, look and mood of the show (especially as we see Galactica in webisodes set only about a year later looking like that picture.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Finally he takes me up on my invite
:joy:

now how about some of your wit :rolleyes:

and we got cooler smilies then Syfy-that's most important
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM ---
no. it's crap.

i was happy it came out and disappointed with the way it sooo pandered to the juice filled teenage boys with the pew pew and the sex

if it did matriculate to a series on web or tv- i seriously doubt i would watch it if it didn't change its tone

So Cy, did the "silver Viper" bite you?
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM ---
Actually no, it was not stripped down. They explained the look of the ship. It is a different type of armor specifically designed to dissipate the detonation of conventional and nuclear munitions Also those "ribs" have hundreds of point defense guns between them (that is where the dense cloud of AAA Galactica puts up comes from).

B&C had mass drivers the same size as the main batteries in a big strip down the top of the ship. It looked ridiculous, as did the hitchhikers ripoff gondola and the "Event Horizon" CIC. Now such things by themselves are not total conviction but they do show a lack of trying to keep to the feel, look and mood of the show (especially as we see Galactica in webisodes set only about a year later looking like that picture.

a lot of things can change in 30 + yrs, perhaps changing to this armor was an upgrade.

look at how much are naval ships changed in the same time, from many turreted big guns to sometimes, 1 bow and 1 stern gun.

but, i am thinking the b&c guys just "winged it" anyhow..again, had to get the cool factor with the kiddies

CylonRomo

GateFans Cadet

It is good to see you! I posted this to see who else I knew here that would reveal themselves.

I went to gateWORLD because I couldn't remember what you said. Some random admin messaged me "that person (Silver Viper) was no longer there) and then suddenly I woke up in a pod.

I'm so glad to be rid of that place. I was addicted and could not stop.

i was happy it came out and disappointed with the way it sooo pandered to the juice filled teenage boys with the pew pew and the sex

if it did matriculate to a series on web or tv- i seriously doubt i would watch it if it didn't change its tone

I managed to not watch it at all. I thought I would!

I think she did :) lol
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 5:46 PM ---
yongjin so WHERE does the old crowd hang out generally? I searched "Arwenoftreak" and she is here somewhere... and how do I get those ornate trophies like the football? And who is here under a different name so I can know who they are?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is good to see you! I posted this to see who else I knew here that would reveal themselves.

I went to gateWORLD because I couldn't remember what you said. Some random admin messaged me "that person (Silver Viper) was no longer there) and then suddenly I woke up in a pod.

I'm so glad to be rid of that place. I was addicted and could not stop.

I managed to not watch it at all. I thought I would!

I think she did :) lol
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 5:46 PM ---
yongjin so WHERE does the old crowd hang out generally? I searched "Arwenoftreak" and she is here somewhere... and how do I get those ornate trophies like the football? And who is here under a different name so I can know who they are?

First of all, WELCOME!

Second, those footballs and stuff are called "Trinkets" here. You are automatically granted two of them (click the Awards and Trinkets link in the top red menu bar). Select from any two and we will give them to you. :) The Awards are different and you cannot request them, you earn them for different things. Just send a message to any Council member and tell us which ones you want. They will appear under your avatar.

I left Gateworld almost three years ago. :) Good to have you here! Have fun. :smiley_joy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

a lot of things can change in 30 + yrs, perhaps changing to this armor was an upgrade.

look at how much are naval ships changed in the same time, from many turreted big guns to sometimes, 1 bow and 1 stern gun.

but, i am thinking the b&c guys just "winged it" anyhow..again, had to get the cool factor with the kiddies

It wasn't 30 years. Galactica looks like it does in the NuBSG series in the "young Adama" webisodes set only about a year later than B&C.
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM ---
And Welcome CylonRomo!!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It wasn't 30 years. Galactica looks like it does in the NuBSG series in the "young Adama" webisodes set only about a year later than B&C.
--- merged: Dec 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM ---
And Welcome CylonRomo!!!

Oh ok, you are talking about the razor flashbacks right? So i guess we can def say that B&C boys were being "creative" and some would call a -i think its said "retcon(?)" When you (or someone said time diff i thought it was meant between nu BSG and the 1st cylon war-that's the 30-50 yr difference. it is in that period where things may have changed
:beckett_new049:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh ok, you are talking about the razor flashbacks right? So i guess we can def say that B&C boys were being "creative" and some would call a -i think its said "retcon(?)" When you (or someone said time diff i thought it was meant between nu BSG and the 1st cylon war-that's the 30-50 yr difference. it is in that period where things may have changed
:beckett_new049:

That's what I was thinking too. It wouldn't be surprising for a warship to change and be remodeled over 30 years time.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

Another evacuee from GateWorld or should I say more accurately Syfy. I see it took you some time to ferret us out here in this tiny little oasis.

I don't think I have seen Arwen of Trek for about a year. So Yongjin02 gets credit for letting out the secret. Here I thought it was someone with long legs.

Anyways welcome CylonRomo I suspect you have found a real home here.

CylonRomo

GateFans Cadet
can we curse here? fight? is it like the Matrix??

I went to the trinkets area but I could not figure out how to obtain them to myself.

Also, what pixel size does the avatar need to be, it kept rejecting mine?

Is it true Gate_Boarder is Caprocaine?

My gods syfrak forum sucked. so good to be out for good.