2018 Low Carb, high protein and fat recipes for foods you can have every day.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You gotta try it. No fancy ingredients, and it's actually very cheap to make! I just heard about it a week ago, and I have already made about 5 of these pizzas. The almond flour makes it very filling, so even with a 12" pizza, I ate only half the pizza and I have three slices in the fridge for tomorrow. And guess what? It tastes GREAT cold the next day. Just like regular pizza. Its so close to regular thin crust pizza, that somebody eating a slice would probably not be able to tell the difference between this and regular pizza.
Most of your receipes are low fat ;) heh

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Most of your receipes are low fat ;) heh
Low carb high fat and protein. Low fat is not good for a low carb diet. This one is a great complete replacement. There are few low carb subs that replace this well. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Could you post a complete list of ingredients as well as a complete set of step by step instructions to get from ingredients to finished product? I've never made a pizza before.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Could you post a complete list of ingredients as well as a complete set of step by step instructions to get from ingredients to finished product? I've never made a pizza before.

Yes. :) I will do it today. This will be good for you because making a regular pizza takes almost 2 hours to go from scratch to finished pizza. This fathead pizza goes from scratch to finished pizza in about 40 minutes. I assume you have a microwave and also an oven, right? You don't even need a mixer or blender!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yes. :) I will do it today. This will be good for you because making a regular pizza takes almost 2 hours to go from scratch to finished pizza. This fathead pizza goes from scratch to finished pizza in about 40 minutes. I assume you have a microwave and also an oven, right? You don't even need a mixer or blender!
We have a microwave and an oven. But perhaps I'll need some kind of oven platter to put the pizza on.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We have a microwave and an oven. But perhaps I'll need some kind of oven platter to put the pizza on.

No, you can do it on a cookie sheet, or just make a sheet pizza. The recipe I am going to give you makes a 12" pizza. Double it if you want a larger one.

Ingredients
  • Parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Do NOT use wax paper.
  • 1 1/2 cups pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella is the best or 1/2 cup Parmesan and the rest mozzarella.
  • 3/4 cups almond meal/flour
  • 2 tbsp cream cheese (1 notch on the 8oz package)
  • 1 egg
  • pinch salt to taste
  • More mozzarella for the top, your choice of toppings such as pepperoni peppers, cherry tomatoes, olives, ground/mince beef, mushrooms, herbs etc
Instructions
  1. Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
  2. Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
  3. Add the egg, salt, any other flavourings, mix gently.
  4. Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll or press into a circular pizza shape. Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
  5. Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly. Failing to do this will cause bubbles to form under the dough. Watch for bubbles during heating and pop them with the fork.
  6. Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
  7. To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
  8. Once the crust is cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and is a bit browned..
I can add pictures/video if you really need it, but the video I posted above shows you exactly how to make it. Here is one using this recipe I just gave you, just ignore the white wine vinegar (1tsp). Also, you do NOT need to use a blender, and I mix my ingredients in a different order than what is in the video. Follow my recipe above, and you can't go wrong.:

You will end up with a 12" pizza you can share with your lovely wife, or just chow it down yourself. After you have made one of these, you will easily see where you can tweak it to your taste in terms of cooking time, texture, toppings, etc.

I also make my own pizza sauce from tomato sauce:

Low Carb Pizza Sauce

Ingredients:

1 can (15oz) tomato SAUCE (not diced, not paste)
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp butter
4tbsp olive oil (do not sub out vegetable oil if you don't have olive oil. Just leave it out and add another tbsp of butter)
Salt, pepper to taste
1 packet Splenda or other zero calorie/sugar sweetener

Instructions:

In a small pot or even the microwave, add all ingredients and crush the oregano if you are using. You can also add basil if you want, but you run the risk of having a bitter sauce. Heat until bubbling, then stir and set aside. Makes enough sauce for 2 pizzas, so you may have to put the rest away. Or, if you double the recipe for a large pizza, then use all the sauce.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, and MOST importantly, use parchment paper!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks @Overmind One, I'll keep this for later use. Cheers for writing that all down.

No problem. I am going to modify the recipe list to include PARCHMENT PAPER! It is a must. Not wax paper. But if you have a silicone baking sheet, you can use that.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The main takeaway from making this fathead pizza is the creation of the dough. I just found another use for the dough - pie crusts! You can make great calzones with it too. I am thinking chicken pot pie using this dough. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The fathead pizzas are still boss at my place. :) They are so easy to make, there is no reason to order out even if the convenience factor is there. It takes less than an hour to go from scratch to finished hot pizza, even when you have to make the pizza sauce yourself. I'm making one right now. :tealc_newanime006:

I have a new easier pizza sauce recipe to use when you have tomato paste. It is not as savory as a cooked/reduced tomato sauce type, but it is easily as tasty when used on a pizza. The other recipe I gave above is suitable for pasta also, whereas this one might be too thin for that. It does make great dipping sauce, and you can tweak it to be spicy or sweet. With a few more ingredients, you can turn it into BBQ sauce.

Low Carb Easy Pizza Sauce

Ingredients:

1 6oz can of tomato paste
1 cup water
3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (olive oil, not any other type)
2 garlic cloves or 1 tbsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp of basil (optional)
1/2 tsp of dried rosemary (optional)
1/2 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of sweetener (I like a sweeter sauce, so I added Splenda).

Directions:

Use a whisk, adding the oil to the paste first in a bowl, then the water, then the dry ingredients, whisking all together before using the next ingredient. Let it sit while you bake your pizza crust.

IMG_20181011_003655.jpg

My fathead pepperoni pizza. The entire pizza, only 10 carbs. :)

IMG_20181011_010059.jpg

Last edited: