2018 Low Carb, high protein and fat recipes for foods you can have every day.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Have you tried pasta made from various beans? I had the black bean pasta years ago at Costco and got hooked! (sampling works for me! :cool: ) they are excellent with most pasta sauces from tomato based ones to alfredo to pesto.

514Z60wL3gL._SY450_.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Have you tried pasta made from various beans? I had the black bean pasta years ago at Costco and got hooked! (sampling works for me! :cool: ) they are excellent with most pasta sauces from tomato based ones to alfredo to pesto.

514Z60wL3gL._SY450_.jpg

Anything made with that should be very low carb...I will definitely pick some up!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WOW! That cloud bread made the perfect cheeseburger! I used two of them for the buns, and it was FANTASTIC! Nothing fell apart, and the condiments did not make the buns soft or mushy, and I even was able to toast them first. Perfect! The whole burger was about 2 carbs at most. I will be getting some sesame seeds and trying to make this:

cloud-bread-burger2.jpg

Sadly, there is still no acceptable substitute for french fries. :( But these cloud bread rounds can also be made like hot dog buns or even a platform for bread pizza. Eggs, cream cheese and that's it!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sesame Seed Cloud Hamburger Buns

Okay, in the picture above you see sesame cloud bread used as a hamburger bun. I am making a batch of those right now with the sesame seeds. I have already had a cloud bread cheeseburger, but now it will have sesame seed buns! And it really is very easy to make. 8 rounds means either 4 sandwiches, or how ever many open faced creations you want to make. I will need to make the burgers before I can take a picture of the final result, but the buns are in the oven right now. :).

EDIT:

Here they are. When they cool completely, they take on a bread-like texture that is sturdy and soggy-proof.

IMG_20180209_212154.jpg IMG_20180209_212211.jpg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My first cloud bread cheeseburger using sesame seed cloud bread (no tomato) :)

IMG_20180209_224949.jpg

The entire burger you are looking at there is less than 2 carbs total, using mayo and mustard, cheese and romaine lettuce as condiments.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Strawberry Cloud Shortcake

Because cloud bread is zero carb and grain free, you can use it in ways that might not come to mind at first. Since it can be sweetened that means you can use it like shortcake. I went to Smart & Final and noticed they had strawberries. Strawberries are one of those goodies you can have even when on very low carb. But how to manage the shortcake and whipped cream?

Sugar Free Whipped Cream:

1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 cup Splenda or Stevia

Whip until thick and the consistency of cake icing. That's it. Low carb sugar free whipped cream. Then, slice up some strawberries and sprinkle them with Splenda or Stevia evenly (toss them in a bowl with it). Allow sliced strawberries to sit in fridge and chill if you can, they are much better as is the whipped cream. Use two cloud bread "shortcakes" and spread some of that whipped cream on the first shortcake, then layer some strawberry slices, then more cream, then more strawberries then more cream and mash that down with the top shortcake. Delicious and decadent, and under 5 carbs. :)

IMG_20180209_232206.jpg

That cloud bread shortcake is sweetened, and the whole thing tastes fresh and cool and makes you feel guilty, but it's harmless! A low carb dessert worth craving. Not my idea, but I am sure glad I found it!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Do they sell those commercially yet?
Everything in it is so perishable! They couldn't do that without adding half a chemistry set to it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, I didn't even think of that. I'm sure you're right though.
The cloud bread keeps about 3 days and the shortcake has to be eaten within an hour once the cream and strawberries have been added. Who likes soggy cloud bread? :)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Do they sell those commercially yet?

Do you mean the prepared dessert or the cloud bread rounds? Even if it was able to be pre-packaged, I don't think they could make them last without adding preservatives and other stuff to them. They are so easy to make though!

Cloud Bread:

Ingredients:

• 3 eggs (separated)
  • 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (one notch on the package)
  • A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 300F
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Whip whites with a squeeze of lemon until stiff peaks form.
  4. To the yolks, add the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth (does not have to be perfectly smooth).
  5. FOLD the yolk mixture into the whipped egg whites until thoroughly mixed, but not overmixed, Try to keep foam.
  6. Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop about 6 rounds evenly spaced on the cookie sheet. (add sesame seeds on top here if you want). OR, make a huge one for a pizza.
  7. Bake for 20min
  8. When cooled about 5 min, you should easily be able to take the rounds off the parchment paper. Nothing will stick.
You should still have some of the mixture left after making 6 rounds. Mix the remainder a bit if it has separated, and make the remaining rounds on the same parchment paper. At Step 4, you can add sweetener or or even sugar free chocolate chips or whatever.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Screw cauliflower. Fathead RULZ! Fat Head is the name of a mozzarella/almond flour dough which has replaced cauliflower in pizza recipes. Finally, a super low carb pizza crust that is crispy AND soft, holds toppings and is great the next day cold from the fridge. Unlike the cauliflower crust, the fathead crust is almost identical to regular pizza crust, right down to the browned, crispy underside to the deliciously burned edges of a regular pizza. Here is a video of it. The standard recipe is half what she is using for a personal sized pizza (12")

Here is what it looks like (I made this)

IMG_20180407_222710.jpg

Here is the underside of a slice. Its crispy like normal crust, because of the almond flour. Basically, the crust is made of cheese. Notice how it isn't floppy. :) Cauliflower crust is always going to be on the soft side. This is not as low carb as the cauliflower crust, but the whole pizza is only 10 carbs. :)

IMG_20180407_224507.jpg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How is the taste?

IDENTICAL to regular pizza. That is why I will never have another type of pizza. Not only the taste, but also the texture of regular dough. Its amazing. If you are a person who likes a thick, doughy crust, then this is not going to cut it. At least not using the standard fathead recipe. :)

BTW, in case you are wondering why its called Fat Head dough, its because of the guy who created it. His movie "Fat Head" was one done along with "Super Size Me". Tom Laughton.

IDENTICAL to regular pizza. That is why I will never have another type of pizza. Not only the taste, but also the texture of regular dough. Its amazing. If you are a person who likes a thick, doughy crust, then this is not going to cut it. At least not using the standard fathead recipe. :)

BTW, in case you are wondering why its called Fat Head dough, its because of the guy who created it. His movie "Fat Head" was one done along with "Super Size Me". Tom Laughton.

When it comes to pizza I like a thin crust. Thick crust pizza is a misnomer; it's not pizza, it's soggy bread dough with crap on top. (I'm looking at you "Chicago style" pizza! :daniel01:)

As it is I really don't eat pizza that often. I do like it but for some reason it just doesn't appear on my daily menu that often. When I dine out with friends we tend to go for more higher end fare like steak. When I do have it though I don't freak out too much because I know it's a rare indulgence.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just made one and I am eating a slice of it right now! Pizza heaven...low carb or not. Seriously, this is the best keto pizza recipe in the entire world, and it is easy to make! Here is a pic I just took of my pizza slice.

IMG_20180409_182831.jpg

Here are the macros for the standard recipe (the link below). The first video doubled the recipe. This is for two slices if you cut it into 8 slices. I cut mine into 6 slices. Even if you eat the whole damned thing it is 10 carbs, which is less than a single slice of bread.

fathead_macros.PNG

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
When it comes to pizza I like a thin crust. Thick crust pizza is a misnomer; it's not pizza, it's soggy bread dough with crap on top. (I'm looking at you "Chicago style" pizza! :daniel01:)

As it is I really don't eat pizza that often. I do like it but for some reason it just doesn't appear on my daily menu that often. When I dine out with friends we tend to go for more higher end fare like steak. When I do have it though I don't freak out too much because I know it's a rare indulgence.

I don't eat it much myself, but when I do it was usually hit or miss pizza delivery from independent pizza joints around here. Also, it isn't that cheap, compared to how cheap it is to make yourself. Who has the time to create pizza dough with yeast? But this pizza, you can go from scratch to done pizza in 45 minutes. :) I also make my own pizza sauce. My only indulgence, and a suggested one, is to buy pre-shredded mozarella. The recipe uses a lot of it, and you also need it on top.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How is the taste?

BTW, you CAN season this dough to make it garlicky or spicy or even use the dough as a base for sweet goodies using stevia or Splenda. I have been seeing videos on YouTube which use this dough for bagels, crackers, breadsticks, even cookies. But I think my only use for it will be for pizza crust, because it truly replaces the regular crust on every level for me. I would even order it if pizzas were available which are made using this crust.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Looks mighty tasty mate!

You gotta try it. No fancy ingredients, and it's actually very cheap to make! I just heard about it a week ago, and I have already made about 5 of these pizzas. The almond flour makes it very filling, so even with a 12" pizza, I ate only half the pizza and I have three slices in the fridge for tomorrow. And guess what? It tastes GREAT cold the next day. Just like regular pizza. Its so close to regular thin crust pizza, that somebody eating a slice would probably not be able to tell the difference between this and regular pizza.