The Expanse Season 4 has dropped on Amazon

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Again, the Felcia girl

how did she go from being a disgruntled teenager wanting to get off of new terra in one ep, to being basically in charge of the Belter's ship in orbit the next ep?

somehow she is smarter and seemingly more experienced then the crew of the ship (all men). all that was needed to make her the perfect Hollywood 'Magic Girl' was a fan just off shot to blow her hair and maybe a touch of bright light to give her a magic aura too :)

and her mom, a medic, is somehow more knowledgeable on ships and physics then Naomi who is an engineer

and Bobby- other then cool shots of Mars living, why was her story even in this season?--again, the female problem solver righting the wrongs of bad men. even the bad girl in the gang was saved in the end by having a change of heart

idk, if your 'fandom' doesn't speak out about this, next season may be worse as far as this SJW/woke stuff goes

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Again, the Felcia girl

how did she go from being a disgruntled teenager wanting to get off of new terra in one ep, to being basically in charge of the Belter's ship in orbit the next ep?

somehow she is smarter and seemingly more experienced then the crew of the ship (all men). all that was needed to make her the perfect Hollywood 'Magic Girl' was a fan just off shot to blow her hair and maybe a touch of bright light to give her a magic aura too :)

and her mom, a medic, is somehow more knowledgeable on ships and physics then Naomi who is an engineer

and Bobby- other then cool shots of Mars living, why was her story even in this season?--again, the female problem solver righting the wrongs of bad men. even the bad girl in the gang was saved in the end by having a change of heart

idk, if your 'fandom' doesn't speak out about this, next season may be worse as far as this SJW/woke stuff goes

They ARE taking liberties with the story. Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden, but it is noticeable. Especially to anyone who is also reading the books this series is supposed to be about.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They ARE taking liberties with the story. Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden, but it is noticeable. Especially to anyone who is also reading the books this series is supposed to be about.

i do like this show, i like it a lot actually

i know it doesn't "show" but i pick on it because it has been used as the standard of sorts over the past few years to compare other shows to--and rightly so

so,it would be refreshing, in this day of talking past one another and extreme bias in so many other areas of life- to see those who hold this show in such high esteem, give this season the criticism it deserves

tptb's did a good job of still telling a great story and still getting all of this sjw/woke shit worked in as well--clever bastards

it was such a in the open, yet 'clandestine' method of putting "women good vs men bad" into the show in such a clever way as to not be the main point noticed (because of a good story and good plot great acting,effects, coming from off of 3 great seasons) but still a point delivered

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
was the planet and its tech explained in the book?

btw- it cant help but be noticed that this season of lost on space pretty much borrowed that device of "tech embedded planets" as well. even went so far as to have that tech go in a large equatorial band as well

sad copy

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I still liked S4 (still going through it). But there were some things that bugged me.

One example is the (to me) the mishandling of Bobbie Draper this season. Frankie Adams still did great with what she was given but to have her made to take the fall by the MMC (which did not happen in the books) and get involved in crime (also not in the books - after the events on Ganymede and Io she went on medical leave and worked with a veterans outreach in the books) was a comedown for the character.

I did not mind them having Naomi go to the planet, it was in character for her. And I did notice the deviation from the books - I think part of it was to keep giving the cast things to do and unfortunately you do see some wokeness.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Still reading the the 4th book so won't give any spoilers just yet but from what I am reading , what we watched on Amazon is just a shadow of itself . Personally I cannot stand season 4 . But the book is amazing . If they had only stuck to the book dammit , then we would not be having to try and figure out what the hell has happened to our Expanse series . ;(
If you want The Real Expanse again instead of the garbage we were just served , I suggest you read the books . ;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I still think Steven Strait had something to do with this version as he is the Producer of Season 4 . Don't know enough about him to really be positive on that suggestion but he is the new power in control has the last say kinda guy here to the series other than being one of the main characters.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Again, the Felcia girl

I have seen a few disappointed fan reviews here and there so yes , the fandom is slowly realizing they have been duped by stinking amazon . :McKayrolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this doom shit is why a few ppl are not posting here any longer. rather. your adherence to the 'fandom' positions is what annoys them

I don't care. This is not a safe space. I am most definitely a strong fan of the things I love. Star Trek, Star Wars, and now The Orville and The Expanse and other stuff I am very familiar with. I refuse to accept it when showrunners arbitrarily change things in stuff I love. Usually it happens because one entity buys the IP and then takes liberties with it. Once that is done, it isn't the same thing the fans gathered around. BUT there is always a small part of the fandom who just swallows whatever is spoon-fed to them. That's not me. If somebody doesn't like my take, they can post their own. I am uninterested in accommodating anyone who is triggered by dissent just because they don't like it.

i just want them to give a fair rating to everything to INCLUDE THE SHOWS THEY LIKE. If they like s4 expanse then they should say so, otherwise, it just looks like they make videos that are all negative

I have yet to see any negative videos about The Expanse or The Mandalorian or any Star Wars before Disney. I have not seen negative videos about Rogue One or The Clone Wars (first show). But lots for Rebels, TLJ, TroS, TFA and Disney Star Wars overall including the theme parks.

it would be a great stretch of imagination to allow gary or anyone to say that S4 is as good as the other seasons. he has used his "WOman" comments everywhere a female character is shown- even in MANDALORIAN

if he does not make the comment that in S4 things are changed from the book ( i read through a synopsis of cibola burn again and see that in the book Naomi doesn't go to the surface of new terra) and that women are pretty much the only ones doing positive or 'heroic' things in it then he is being blatantly dishonest

Gary strikes me as more of a fan of the simpler stories like comic book heroes, Star Wars, Doctor Who and such. He is a fan of Star Trek and The Expanse, but I think he is not really into the more cerebral stuff. I do not elevate any of these #FandomMenace YouTubers to celebrity or "special" status. Their opinions are given a voice because they publish videos. I can respect that, and I want to do that as well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
idk if it is just amazon. look at other amz originals, most of them are no where near 'politically correct' or SJW territory

You are 100% correct about that. The percentage of woke garbage is way low as compared to say...the CW or even Hulu.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You are 00% correct about that. The percentage of woke garbage is way low as compared to say...the CW or even Hulu.

tin star---blood, guns.. bad assed cops bad assed bad guys, indecisive women, virtue signalers get shot... defin not woke

and GOLIATH? only social justice is that of a lawyer fighting against big corporations. .and BOSCH,, another cop show that is far and above every other cop show

probably best cop show since the 70's

sneaky pete ? "crime does pay" is signaled in that

yeah, i dont think it is amazon, something else is up with this season of expanse

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think he typoed and meant 100%.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
fall by the MMC (which did not happen in the books) and get involved in crime (also not in the books - after the events on Ganymede and Io she went on medical leave and worked with a veterans outreach in the books) was a comedown for the character.

just another method used to give another female character something action packed and heroic to do.

working with veterans would have made boring screen time, plus it would have put her character in a patriarchy controlled gender role-- a woman helping others in support of them

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I found myself underwhelmed by season 4. Will need to rewatch to form an opinion on it, but I think comments made here have merit.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
just another method used to give another female character something action packed and heroic to do.

working with veterans would have made boring screen time, plus it would have put her character in a patriarchy controlled gender role-- a woman helping others in support of them

Strangely they could have kept her in the MMC and still given her action-ey stuff. Remember in the books she winds up being attached to Avarsarala by the MMC as a liaison. And that work is how she gravitates back to the Rocinante and her crew eventually joining up with them.

I don't want to overplay the criticisms; even with the issues this is still far and away the best thing out there (as we have not yet seen S3 of The Orville). I've heard The Witcher is supposed to be good but have not seen it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Strangely they could have kept her in the MMC and still given her action-ey stuff. Remember in the books she winds up being attached to Avarsarala by the MMC as a liaison. And that work is how she gravitates back to the Rocinante and her crew eventually joining up with them.

I don't want to overplay the criticisms; even with the issues this is still far and away the best thing out there (as we have not yet seen S3 of The Orville). I've heard The Witcher is supposed to be good but have not seen it.

The Witcher is VERY good. Give it a watch. :)