The Expanse Season 4 has dropped on Amazon

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't want to overplay the criticisms; even with the issues this is still far and away the best thing out there (as we have not yet seen S3 of The Orville). I've heard The Witcher is supposed to be good but have not seen it.
bolded= ABSOLUTELY i have said that a few times

i am about half way through witcher, i know nothing about the source material. so far it seems to be a poor man's LOTR's and not as good-- it is made well though

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

i am about half way through witcher, i know nothing about the source material. so far it seems to be a poor man's LOTR's and not as good-- it is made well though
The source material for The Witched is a video game.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I thought the same, and was reminded of LotR throughout, but like you said, it is done well. Henry Cavill makes the role his own, and it makes the show more enjoyable.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I thought the same, and was reminded of LotR throughout, but like you said, it is done well. Henry Cavill makes the role his own, and it makes the show more enjoyable.

is there a thread on witcher yet? it is going to have a s2 (surprise)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
is there a thread on witcher yet? it is going to have a s2 (surprise)

Im sure it will have many seasons. It's on the level of Game of Thrones in terms of audience draw.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Are you asking for a Witcher thread?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think we have one now?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
found one positive review on expanse from nerdrotic @Joelist

its from october from some advanced screening he saw

BUT it is not on his channel, it is on 'fans of the expanse' and something to do with 'screaming firehawk'

he says he loved the 1st ep and noted the diversions from the book but makes allowances for it

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
my issue with these 'cocks of doom' (as in the cock that crows at sunrise; harbinger) is that they never seem to do a review, or preview of anything they think is going to be good..everything is negative

as i posted on the expanse site, nerdrotic is silent on s4 of expanse. he did one review of a screening he attended for e1 back in october. but he did it on another yt channel. he has nothing up on s4 otherwise

and neither he, or anyone can deny that s4 is a departure, for the worse, from the previous seasons. not only does it depart from the books, but it departs for reasons of accommodating sjw and woke themes and characters

i dont see any (if there is someone in the fandom who does, please share) one of these ppl calling out a show they love-and for good reason to love it-for these changes

this would be an excellent opportunity for the FM to use this power you speak of= that is, do some honest and critical reviews of s4 and hopefully it will impact the expanse tptb's to correct for s5

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I actually asked that question recently - how about Witcher and Expanse reviews too? One reason Gary was so good in the recent past was balance - he both did bad stuff like STD and good like The Expanse and The Orville.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I actually asked that question recently - how about Witcher and Expanse reviews too? One reason Gary was so good in the recent past was balance - he both did bad stuff like STD and good like The Expanse and The Orville.
did you get an answer?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Overmind One said:
The Expanse, and also Star Trek seem to be low priorities for The Fandom Menace. I think it's because the vast majority of them are hardcore Star Wars fans more than anything else. Gary at Nerdrotic really does not know Star Trek, but he still tries to make videos reviewing it. Doomcock is the most well-rounded of all TFM members, and he knows Star Trek and Star Wars and Doctor Who deeply. He is also clearly much older than all the rest of them. None of the Fandom Menace members seem to be into The Expanse much, and since it is still a great show, why make YT videos on it? People are not interested in videos praising stuff that is already great. Just like you don't need to advertise a product that is already selling well. The one exception is The Orville which gets great positive reviews and vids from TFM. However, mostly they use it to shade the crappy Star Trek shows by comparison.

I think that when my channel is up and running, I might review The Expanse both the good and bad.

the expanse s4, REQUIRES a slightly negative review from those who do love precisely because they do love it

its degrading and to maybe stop it from getting worse..more woke, more sjw, more whatever action or phrase is in style next production season... the FM should use that power you say they have to influence the change needed

the expanse should not get a pass from them, the self proclaimed, by action, standard bearers of sci fi just because they think the show is great

Last edited by a moderator: