THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
lets hope!!! keep Djarin's hands free for the fight

but you know he will choose the armor though,, why? foreshadowed by the droid section of the fighter being enclosed
Or maybe he will pick the lightsaber and still join Mando.

Or, maybe he will force choke Luke and grab both items.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The other reason I kinda hope Grogu continues his Jedi training is that I want the next season of Mando to resolve the ownership of the darksaber and hopefully unite the Mandalorians under a new Mandalor (be it Bo Katan, Din Djarin or even Boba Fett).
Maybe Grogu will become the new leader of the Mandolarians and wield the dark saber.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If Grogu picks the Lightsaber IT WILL END THE NEW SEQUELS

how they explain it, IDK.. but I am good with pretending they just never happened

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The other reason I kinda hope Grogu continues his Jedi training is that I want the next season of Mando to resolve the ownership of the darksaber and hopefully unite the Mandalorians under a new Mandalor (be it Bo Katan, Din Djarin or even Boba Fett).
we may even get that next week.. maybe, hard to tell

as some have pointed out, several times now, when they have the Armorer use the line "in Legends" soon after some item, character or event from LEGENDS/EU has been made canon

she did it again in ep5 when speaking of the mythosaur

the Fett sigil is the Mythosaur skull-- she stated 'in legends' the mythosaur will rise to lead the ppl of mandalore (or words to that effect)

well, in LEGENDS/EU Jango Fett defeated a Vizla in battle- by Creed- and by Creed the dark saber is his, and Boba's-- if Favreau and Filoni choose to go this route

the vid i posted just above-- that guy has a theory that Din's story mirrors Jango's-- Jango, as a child lost his parents to war. He was found by a Mandalorian and made a Mandalorian Foundling (that part in Canon now due to Boba showing this to Din from the code in his armor)

this is just like Din being rescued by Mandalorians- Death Watch to be exact-- not a throwaway detail-- as a child

Din is a bounty hunter as Jango and Boba were bounty hunters

Boba is trying to mature into something greater- maybe Manda'lor? This guy's theory is that Din is being tailored by TPTB's all along to be Boba's 'royal guard'- his knight in shining armor, now with a shining "Royal Fighter" to fly along side him

Din is reluctantly carrying the weight of the dark saber for him with neither of them yet knowing that it is for Boba to carry-- kind of like Excalibur

problem is, there has been so much detail and so many characters intro'd into to both shows, plus the crowd pleasing legacy characters--- promise of Han Solo net week (WHY!) wil they ever have the TIME to get to all of this and tell this story of who will be Manda'lor?

and then there is the Armorer, who is most likely Rook Kast, who was a Maul groupie when he was Manda'lor. If she has access to more Mandalorians like her, she could cause issues as well

got to keep remembering its just a show--- and spring is oh so close :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I KNEW I LIKED THIS GUY!!! :)

Yeah.. WHY DOESN'T Din know about the Purge of Mandalore? Or about the dark saber? or who Bo Katan is? she was his ruler for about 12 - 15 yrs of his life (a poor actor choice IRL? Bo Katan is older than Din Djarin, maybe in her 50's, yet the actors appear to be near same age)

He was with his Clan-- who, at that time- before the Purge, had no reason to go into hiding (well one reason below). Armorer said they were on Concord Dawn at the time, Din was a Foundling and a "Child of the Watch" Death Watch under House Vizla--- so WHERE was he and why doesn't he know this things? was he in carbonite or something?

the ONLY reason-- short of one yet to be made up-- is that the Armorer IS Rook Kast and that as part of her punishment from Bo Katan she and her followers were sent to Concord Dawn and that one of her follower's ward was Din, and she instituted the don't take off your helmet rule

anyhow-- me and this guy will probably never get the answers :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zL6YlWhLw

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so, i realize i am speaking with myself as everyone has dropped off-planet here, but that's ok :)

couple, few other things

1- Din has a light saber he is having difficulty with-almost sliced his leg off with. When he was jaw-jacking with Ahsoka, and, having seen her and Luke both use light sabers in combat to great effect- why not ask her for a few quick pointers while there?

2- While NOT a magical weapon-- something the Armorer implies it is- perhaps due to the Mandalorian cult like belief in its status, it is a weapon of great power due to its Khyber crystal alone. Plus, two people that Ahsoka knows have handled it- Sabine and Bo- Katan, why couldn't she sense it on Din when they were standing net to each other?

3- Luke is way out of character when he asks GROGU to choose between Saber and mail shirt. he says he must give up attachments

yet in the OT films, Luke himself tells Obi Wan and the Emperor that it is his attachments to friends and family that make him strong and give him power along with the force- so why is he saying these things now?

maybe Luke's lifting all the one eyed frogs was foreshadowing; telling us that Grogu will force lift both the shirt and the saber at once?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Just been busy, we're still here.
i was being way more critical of myself actually! wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring me on this topic!

if these shows came out in spring and summer, i'd probably have much less to say :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just don't have much to say about the show. Or about any show really. But especially this one because I'm not well versed with all the extended lore. And apparently I'm more of a dumb consumer when it comes to shows and movies.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The thing is Filoni and Favreau are pretty obviously using Book of Boba Fett as a vehicle to integrate more stuff from the old EU into the "Filoniverse". I don't mind. I've enjoyed the show so far both for what they bring in and also as a character piece actually filling in the blanks of the character of Boba Fett.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What a sad and disappointing finale! Book of Boba Fett is the "ETERNALS" of the SW's line up

all the potential for advancing the overall story line-- i mean why all the crossover if NOT to do so?-- only to end it with nothing but a pew-pew fest

thank god for no more legacy cameo's though!

Guess Grogu's choice keeps the Sequel trilogy safe :(

and what a huge waste of a end credits scene!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
DoomDick said it in his video, and I and many others were already thinking it too:

the entire bit of using Luke at the end of Mandalorian S2 was nothing but schtick to service the Skywalker fanbois... it was all meaningless now

Grogu was gone for what? a few months?

The ending of Mandalorian- if they really wanted to use a Jedi SHOULD HAVE been done with someone new/les well known-certainty less known than Luke

like Ahsoka or Cal Kestis or Bariss Offee or just a brand new Jedi we never saw before-- any of whom would have made sense with the story line and give an intro to their own show or one of the other upcoming shows

and i said nearly as much last year on the only point for Luke was for fan service and ratings:

and NOW to see Grogu in the hands of Luke,, who, per current canon-which we must go by, not rumors,, and knowing that HE WILL DIE at the hands of Ben Solo, kind of erases all of the efforts of Din Darin and those who helped him, to keep Grogu safe

WITH THAT.the ending i dont think--or at least appears to me since we dont know what IS next--looks to have been thought out past the point of fan service. or some TPTB's peeve to put Luke in because they can.. like how RDM ruined the very ending of BSG by going with the "Eve" from the natgeo over ending-- just because it was cool to him and topical at the time

Just as Luke is topical to fans now after the disaster of the new trilogies handling of the character

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021

Luke's appearance also negates the achievements of EVERYONE who has helped Din in both seasons.. all of their work and sacrifice is meaningless. We have already seen Force sensing of other force users from great distances (ep 5 i believe),so Luke could have just swooped in at anytime and taken Grogu. THE REASON Ahsoka told Din to take him to the temple was to use the stone's powers to enhance the chances that all Jedi or near Jedi-gray jedi, COULD hear him and find

having Luke in it-- hell, its just a full blown deus ex machina, lazy writing event Dec 18 2020

and fans crying like babies--- fanbois crying that is-- THIS WAS the point-- to touch emotions, NOT to further the story as we already know how Luke's story ENDS:

PATHETIC! grown man crying over LUKE Skywalker! :) no amount of tears will erase EP's 7-9 and the utter failure of the skywalker family = last person standing from the two families is a Palpatine

AND just for squirts and giggles, on Dec 5th 2020, i had predicted this about S2 finale.. i was wrong about the "Avengers" type team for that, but we got it here in Boba Fett--- cut away scenes from "hero to hero" gave good excuse to NOT show exactly how they all survived- as Doom Dick said about black krssantan

Fennec-- you don't bring an actor as well known as Ming-Na just to have her play a side role in one episode and kill her off. And this show, like ALL of star wars, one thing is defi true-- no one is dead until you see their <<confirmed>> lifeless body

I am thinking with the 'posse' Din is building, we may also see Cobb Vanth again. We know we will be getting Mayfeld- Bill Burr's character. so i am sure we will see Olyphant again as well.

But I HOPE they dont make it a "avengers" team where there are so many "heroes" we dont know who to watch.. THAT would be overkill. I think the only other players we will see is maybe Ahsoka-because we know there is to be light saber duel, so minus any other light sabre wielding character, she's back- and anyone she brings along. Most defi see Bo-Katan again as she is going for the dark sabre

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Before I start, I just want to reiterate that this show, The Book of Boba Fett, has the greatest credits I've ever seen. While I'm enjoying watching the episodes, I actually find myself looking forward to the credits. That's how good they are. The combination of the custom soundtrack, which is nothing like music you would normally find and therefore seems rather suitable for an out of this world saga of this type, pairs amazingly (I wanted to use the word terrificly, but apparently that word doesn't exist) with the images, which appear to be hand-drawn concept art, depicting a summary of the episode. I have great respect for the people who created the credits. And, is it just me, or was the music of this last episode slightly different than that of the first six episodes? I definitely heard "Fett!" with this one, and "Boba Boba Boba" or whatever they sang. With the previous episodes, I heard the sounds, but I couldn't make it out to be the main character's name.

So, regarding the episode, I can see why some people might be disappointed. But I honestly found myself enjoying watching it. It had things which were absolutely crap and cringeworthy, but then it also had scenes and elements which were fantastic. The "biker gang"... Oof... They should not have had any part in this show altogether. They degraded all of it. This one dude made some kind of twisty-twirly move before firing his weapon. That was so lame! In reality, such a move would get you a bullet in your back before you complete the turn. It felt so out of place as well, as if it were supposed to be this character's, who no one gives a flying fuck about, pinnacle of existence. His raison d'être. Blegh! The only thing that would have made the inclusion of this entire biker gang worthwhile, is if some random character would have come along at some point during the show, who wiped them out of existence with a single action, and no further thoughts.

When you look at the battle from a realistic mindset, it makes no sense whatsoever. On one side, you have a group of approximately 20 people hiding behind some type of hover-transport, while being besieged by and endless stream of opponents who seemingly attach in groups of four at a time and are all coming from the same side, funneling themselves into a slaughter-box. If only one of these enemies had some kind of artillery weapon, they would have wiped out the entire BBF (Boba Fett Friends) group in one blow. There were probably more things which didn't make sense about the battle, but still, in the end I found it entertaining, and that's what matters.

The Grogu arc (in this particular episode) was simultaneously extremely predictable and yet still slightly surprising. I knew the little guy would come to save the day, but I expected it to be against the giant droidecas. Instead, it turned out to be the big creature. So, the tiniest creature took the largest creature out of commission. The symbolism is strong with this one. To be honest, I had expected more from this event than him simply putting the creature to sleep. I thought we would have some serious force-action, but it was a bit underwhelming. We did pin nicely pin down those aspects in advance though, didn't we? The droid space in the Naboo fighter is for Grogu. Grogu didn't choose the light saber but the Mandalorian armor instead. I must admit I chuckled at the last scene where Grogu pestered Mando into flipping the hyperspeed switch again.

Some other scenes I enjoyed were the one when the creature ripped that mega-droideca apart, and the other one where the creature ripped the mega-droideca's arm off and stabbed it with it. Those machines kinda reminded me of Horizon Zero Dawn by the way. They're like a combination between the Corruptor and the Deathbringer. You'd probably have to look those up to know what I'm talking about.

As far as characters go, I've rather enjoyed Cad Bane. The actor, Corey Burton, did a terrific job on that one. Shame the character was brought to an end.

I would like to see more of this show. Both this show and the Mandalorian. And I don't mind if they intermingle.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This one dude made some kind of twisty-twirly move before firing his weapon
yes! you saw that too?

Grogu pestered Mando into flipping the hyperspeed switch again.
yet Grogu could flip[ the switch himself though.. i mean, if he can put a rancor to sleep, then...

As far as characters go, I've rather enjoyed Cad Bane. The actor, Corey Burton, did a terrific job on that one. Shame the character was brought to an end.

I would like to see more of this show. Both this show and the Mandalorian. And I don't mind if they intermingle.
some are saying that Bane is NOT dead. in, I think clone wars, he had a heart monitor installed and he has a personal life support droid. when he is on the ground being ran through, we can still see his heart monitor beeping. i think he is dead. always found the guy too much of a unstoppable kind of guy

i believe that with ALL of these shows- no matter of live action or "cartoon" they will be more like episodes of one huge show rather that crossing over into each other's show. we have already seen this many times already

the issue with so many of us being let down by the ending is really about how the show itself let itself down and thereby let us down

eps 1-4 were done so well, built up so many possibilities with Boba and the Tuskens; Boba's childhood- why did they even show that? why show Kamino if no connection revealed later with Kamino- like having his sister, Omega show up? True this could happen at any time- to include in the timeline past in BAD BATCH S2 which is coming in May-- when we will have 2 SW's shows a week which will be at the same point in time in the timeline BB and KENOBI and we are getting Andor this year as well

But yeah, it was that-- all that build up in the first 4 eps and then the diversion in ep 5 with all the Mandalore lore and the armorer's revelations on the dark saber and her legends (Legends) predictions of the Mythosaur rising to lead Mandalore. The only mythosaur in existence being a symbolic one- the house of Fett

So, if they had just made a show where it was all good times, romp around kick ass, pew pew, with NO deeper lead ins to deeper stories, that would have been great, but they tried to mix the two and failed miserably

================================================
and then as i said above--- the whole Luke thing- from S2 finale of MANDO to EP6 of BBF, a waste

say someone didn't watch BBF and only watches the Mandalorian. there going to watch Mandalorian S3 and see Grogu with Din and say "What?"

all of this, matching pretty close to what i said when the S2 ep aired; that using Luke was just a fanboi service device an IRL tool only

i am not as bad as DoomDick saying he doesn't care about SW's anymore, but, If these new shows are made anything like BBF's ending was

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
@Overmind One @Joelist @Lord Ba'al ( i know you said you dont know that much about SW's but i didn't want you to feel left out :) )

Have I missed something in ALL OF MY VIEWINGS of EP1 2 and 3 in the original and updated versions? When i watched ep 1 12 times back to back in the summer of 1977 as a kid and since,,, did i just never "get this"?

what is "this"?

ok. in reading others posts on YT and a FB sw's group on BBF finale, some had been speculating that Luke would come to Tatooine to help save the day

others then posted things like:

"well that could get dicey, when he meets Boba"

my reply "you mean because of their fight on Jabba's skiff?"

ans" yeah that and if Luke has found out or can read Boba's thoughts on how he killed Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen"

me "that is not who killed them, storm troopers killed them"

ans "we never saw who killed them and why would darth vader order his men to kill his own family?"

me: "right.. so why would he hire Boba to kill them then?"

ans: "he didn't Boba was looking for the droids and just tracked them there and just killed them because he is a bad ass and killed anyone who got in his way"

me: "what are you basing this on"

another person: "In EMPIRE Darth Vader told Boba no disintegrations, thats what he was talking about- how Boba fried his aunt and uncle"

Ok.. so... have i just been totally wrong this whole time? At least on that FB group I was getting swamped as being the one who was wrong

i can see many of the members are younger-- is this a generational thing? their SW's were the pre-quels and the Anakin they know they think would not have killed his aunt and uncle so therefore, he would not have been the one to order or allow their killing later either?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That's pretty weird stuff I agree.

The stormtroopers were hunting the droids and killed Luke's aunt and uncle when they did not find the droids. Remember they first killed the Jawas looking for the droids and in interrogation discovered who the Jawas sold the droids to. Their orders were "find the droids". They had no idea who Luke's relations were down there.

And yes in the OT Boba is not some omnipotent threat - he captured Han by being smart enough to figure out how he gave the Empire the slip. In RotJ he got clowned by Luke and Han and wound up in the Sarlacc pit. That was all of it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That's pretty weird stuff I agree.

The stormtroopers were hunting the droids and killed Luke's aunt and uncle when they did not find the droids. Remember they first killed the Jawas looking for the droids and in interrogation discovered who the Jawas sold the droids to. Their orders were "find the droids". They had no idea who Luke's relations were down there.

And yes in the OT Boba is not some omnipotent threat - he captured Han by being smart enough to figure out how he gave the Empire the slip. In RotJ he got clowned by Luke and Han and wound up in the Sarlacc pit. That was all of it.
yeah totally

wasn't that in the original version Boba was not in EP1 when Han and Chewie are in the hangar and Jabba comes in with his crew, and then in a 're-jiggered' version Lucas did, he is?

i am thinking that maybe this is the only version these 'prequel" SW's "kids" have ever seen; so seeing him with Jabba on Tatooine places him on Tatooine at the same time as the Droid hunt

and, we know that Boba was working for both Jabba and Vader at the same time from EMPIRE, right? So, I guess i should not blame someone for thinking that maybe Boba was doing the same thing in EP1 as well?

but reading that- it was literally one of those "a-ha" moments- even though its wrong. especially being almost 56yrs old, you dont get a lot of moments of learning new things IRL or otherwise. But thinking on it more since i posted above, yeah, i can see how Lucas' putting Boba into the re-done edition of EP1 could make them believe that

and, add to that whole "This show sucks.. Boba is a heartless bad ass" comments we saw back in eps 1 and 2 of the show. when, we never really saw him being a heartless bad ass, even when you add in the CLONE WARS

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Except he did not work for Vader until Empire and then it was not Vader specifically hiring Boba - Vader put out a general contract on the Millennium Falcon and Boba was one of a score of Bounty Hunters who responded. Once he caught Han the contract was fulfilled, and then he turned Han over to Jabba thus fulfilling that contract which was out there from Original Star Wars.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
why show Kamino if no connection revealed later with Kamino
Because it links Boba Fett to the mid movie trilogy where it gives a bit of back story, like Jango being a bounty hunter from which all storm troopers were cloned, and Boba being an unaltered clone of Jango.