THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I thought episode 4 would have answered some questions for you, but it seems to have just brought more. I'm still liking it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think some people are reacting badly to it because it is slower paced and they wanted fast paced, also that they had preconceived notions of the character Boba Fett. But to be honest Boba Fett as a character is essentially a blank piece of paper.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
obviously i agree with this guy.... this series is the PERFECT SETTING for the Filoni/ Favreau team to tell the Story of Alpha and Omega Fett

and with not even any talks yet on a S2, one can only hope they DID take the opportunity to get the siblings together

of course these are -Alpha or Boba and Omega Fett, the two unaltered Fett clones produced by the Kaminoans. at least Omega was not altered in the same way the clone trooper were- with a chip or a accelerated growth ability- that we know of

and having been raised and trained by a whole team of pro killers- her 'brothers' in the bad batch, at this time in her life, approx same age as Boba, she may well even be better at it than he is

and Fennec knows her- or at least knows of her. She was hired by Lamma Su to protect her. for TPTBs to have gone this entire interaction period in Mandalorian s2 and BBF without Fennec telling Fett this is BIZZARE

IF the "big cameo" in the finale is some lame Harrison Ford or other actor playing Han Solo--- who cares? its just more "fanboi service".. the kind that "star wars- light" fans want to see

and Solo would not come as an ally for Fett; being an ally would fly with real fans. we know the yare not allies. Fett and others like Black Krrsantan we can accept having their ups and downs because they are PAID to do this. Solo was a mark for Fett, a lowlife smuggler who failed to pay his debts. a job to be done. He does not hold the respect by Fett that he would have for a fellow bounty hunter -- and Solo is the one who knocked him into the Sarlacc,, Fett may know this- why would he ally himself with him? dumb idea for TPTB'S

as i say many times, SW's is a HUGE GALAXY with many many characters, WHY always default to the same group of 3 humans and 2 droids over and over and over? its sickening actually

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ThuhkJQUyY

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok... wth is going on?

whenever i realize that, imo, a show is getting sloppy in its writing or directing, it makes me pay more attn to other things that may be getting bad

like this last episode-- obv not about Boba Fett

sure, a sight to wow the fans with Din Djarin and the Armorer and Fat Bot Vizla, and the goofy lady on Tatooine, i am sure the squee type fans loved it

but:

why, after spending so much time, effort tracking down Moff Gideon would Bo-Katan allow Din Djarin out of her sight with the dark saber?

why would Din go looking for his covert-- and how did he find them?-- after learning they were a cult who had been lying to him all these years?

why go back to bounty hunting, when he knows he could be ruler of all Mandalorians? he is not dense

he wants to go visit Grogu- bring him a gift, like he is at boarding school-- how does he even know where he is?

A fighter for a new ship? why? and why one from Naboo? Let me guess it will be one more angle for more Skywalker grief; when Din goes to visit Grogu Luke will sense that this fighter is very one his father flew when he was a child?

And, how in the hell did Fennec know Din was on Tatooine? He is not even in the same city that Boba "rules"

It is becoming clear that even though the same people are making this show as MANDALORIAN, they are not putting anywhere near as much effort into it; more like a fun side project for them

and, i am sure my questions about Din will be answered in MANDALORIAN S3, and the events in this ep will not matter much, but it was still near a whole hour of sloppiness and near boredom that approached the nonsense of the new trilogy

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, I liked it. Even though it was basically a Mandalorian ep instead of a Boba Fett one. Lighten up man. You're asking for too much perfection.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I saw and liked it.

I do not think that was Din's covert - I think he was proposing to join a new one. Also they took the time to lay out exactly why Bo Katan can't accept the Darksaber. And I suspect they previewed when Mando returns - we will see Din go to Mandalore and discover some way to access the waters in order to restore his Mandalorian status - at which point he is the rightful Mandalore which is where I think they leave it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, I liked it. Even though it was basically a Mandalorian ep instead of a Boba Fett one. Lighten up man. You're asking for too much perfection.
too many plot holes

the ONLY reason Bo Katan was pursuing Gideon and most likely lost some of her clan fighting him WAS FOR the Dark Saber

for her to allow Din to just walk away and begin the risky business of bounty hunting again- where it could of ending up with any thug lucky enough to kill him-- like the meat packers almost did, makes ZERO sense
I saw and liked it.

I do not think that was Din's covert - I think he was proposing to join a new one. Also they took the time to lay out exactly why Bo Katan can't accept the Darksaber. And I suspect they previewed when Mando returns - we will see Din go to Mandalore and discover some way to access the waters in order to restore his Mandalorian status - at which point he is the rightful Mandalore which is where I think they leave it.
it was his covert-- the armorer was there and Vizla character played by Favreau.. same as previous covert

one of them stated they were all that was left of the covert--all the others were killed on Navarro; either in the battle helping Din or by the Stormtroopers after

i did like that we finally got a first visual on screen of the Purge of Mandalore- though tptbs could resist and had to intro yet ONE more Imperial weapons system

i dont know why he should redeem himself in the Waters? it is only required by this fringe cult group. the mainstream Mandalorians do remove their helmets and do not practice this . he IS The Mandalore- he could make new rules for a people without a home world

really do not get- other than for fan service- why the Naboo fighter? makes no sense for a bounty hunter to have- no way to take in a prisoner alive, dead or in carbonite. Still calling it that when he does visit Grogu- again how does he know where he is, not like Luke left a address card- Luke is going to sense some connection with the fighter and either his mother or father

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree the Naboo fighter is not totally practical for a bounty hunter. I am not sure it is to set up what you are thinking of as I am pretty sure neither Padme nor Anakin had their own Royal Guard fighter. Favreau has been good about not going overboard with the member berries. This WAS a good story - the only thing I question is whether they should have compressed the earlier episodes so that there would be three chapters left now instead of two - I am just unsure if they can actually resolve the Pike Syndicate issue in 2 episodes.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am just unsure if they can actually resolve the Pike Syndicate issue in 2 episodes.
kind of worried it will be an unrealistic--granted its fantasy already-- resolution, ala "deus ex machina" minus the deus.

like New Republic ship comes into orbit and fires a few rounds at the surface and "wham" pykes and pykes only eliminated

idk,, i'll stop here with the "grief" :)

something is very off with the production- the writing, of this show in comparison with Mando,, even this Mando episode

i cannot remember any Mando ep that was sloppy like this show is,, so many holes--- still trying to get everyone to believe that Fett spent nearly all 5 years with the Tuskens? seems more like a week

i mean, they went out of their way to show him with a very pale complexion-- from always wearing a helmet no sun exposure and being hit with sarlacc acid which infers a time period close to when he came out of the sarlacc

then when we see him on Tython and he is still pale-- wouldn't of 5 years in the Tatooine suns have at least gave him a tan?

or his NOT needing treatment for 5 years for his Sarlacc injuries, even after being treated as a slave, training with Tuskens, fighting Pykes and others, and THEN after 5 yrs HE THEN needs a bacta tank?

nahhh not buying it :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They explained his need for lots of Bacta in Episode 4 - he rappelled down into the Sarlacc with no armor or protective clothing and emerged drenched in Sarlacc acid. Fennec told him right out he needed a bacta tank.

The show is kinda sloppy and its pretty obvious it was not all filmed at the same time; possibly due to pandemic restrictions. I still like it as a slower paced show and more of a character piece. Maybe this is where my lack of exposure to most of the EU (I tried Dark Empire and stopped pretty quick it was so awful but loved the Zahn books) causes a different perspective. To me all I know of Boba Fett is Empire, ROTJ and Mando. So I kinda like this story which in its last episode also explained nicely why he wants to leave bounty hunting behind and instead be one of the people who hires the hunter.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They explained his need for lots of Bacta in Episode 4 - he rappelled down into the Sarlacc with no armor or protective clothing and emerged drenched in Sarlacc acid. Fennec told him right out he needed a bacta tank.

The show is kinda sloppy and its pretty obvious it was not all filmed at the same time; possibly due to pandemic restrictions. I still like it as a slower paced show and more of a character piece. Maybe this is where my lack of exposure to most of the EU (I tried Dark Empire and stopped pretty quick it was so awful but loved the Zahn books) causes a different perspective. To me all I know of Boba Fett is Empire, ROTJ and Mando. So I kinda like this story which in its last episode also explained nicely why he wants to leave bounty hunting behind and instead be one of the people who hires the hunter.
they are mainly only going with what we have seen on screen. the only thing/ character they have brought in from legends is Krssantan who once partnered with Fett

he also had injuries, burns from the sarlacc when he first got out of it as well-- like the scars on his head

and still, the pale skin,,,, cant stay that way in double suns for 5 yrs

i know,, doesn't really matter-- just a show

i did watch a vid where that guy said thee are just dream sequences and not depictions of real time-- as in people's memories never recall events in real order of how they happened-- and dreams jump around a lot-- i think that is over thinking it way more than i am, but it makes sense

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am not sure it is to set up what you are thinking of as I am pretty sure neither Padme nor Anakin had their own Royal Guard fighter.
Luke should be able to sense his father flew one-and, if this is it- especially rom all the adrenaline spent and "force" used in it by Anakin- even though he didn't know he was using the Force

if it is the same fighter, it would be a great way to forcefully insert more fanboi service of Luke Skywalker

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWgF5rChvhs

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The Naboo fighter has a droid slot. Good place to stack a bounty, dead or alive. :D

Or, it could be a spot for Grogu to sit. I can see them now, flying through the galaxy, force-stomping everyone.

Or maybe, Mando will eventually turn into a jedi!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
on the last EP with Din Djarin, despite all that i thought is wrong with it, there are some things in it, that could be important to the Boba Fett story, and not just Djarin helping him out

also a reason -the only reason, for having another scene with the Armorer. When speaking with Djarin, they talk about Bo- Katan, the Dark Saber and Mandalore

She tells him about the legend of the mythosaur and how Mandalore will not have its true leader until a mythosaur rises again

that "mythosaur" is a reference to the House of Fett-- Fett will end up being the new Manda' lor. and maybe Mandalorians will have a new homeworld on Tatooine?

calling it now -- on the far outside, dark horse lane :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
also.... in Legends--- that line the Armorer likes to say over and over- and then we see something from Legends/EU come into canon

Jango Fett did kill Tor Vizla, who at the time possessed the Dark Saber. this would give Jango right by "creed" to the saber

i forget why he did take it-- middle of battle or something

but, as the Vizla's passed it down father to son, so to could Boba claim the same inheritance of the Saber if TPTB's choose to include this into canon

in canon, Bo Katan and all of her Night Owls were part of Death Watch--- if Jango killing Vizla is put in, and that he and his men "scattered" Death Watch at the time, this would put them at odds with Boba- and Din in a jam since it was Death Watch who rescued him as a child

the last ep also served to show us that a fight to the death is not necessary for the Dark saber- so Din could throw a fight with whoever he wants it to go to

and, the episode and the knowledge the armorer has of the saber and bo-katan as well as her Zabrak horned helmet all resurrects the question of; is she Rook Kast from Clone Wars? A Maul groupie

hmmm? how many days till spring ? :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, at least Boba got a scene in this one. :D

Which option do you think Grogu will choose?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
One would hope Yoda's lightsaber.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
One would hope Yoda's lightsaber.
lets hope!!! keep Djarin's hands free for the fight

but you know he will choose the armor though,, why? foreshadowed by the droid section of the fighter being enclosed

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Totally agree with this guy-- scenes with Luke and Grogu were great.. BUT WHY have them here? Not even in the MANDALORIAN ,which would be time enough taken up, but here, in Boba Fett? One thinks of fan service and ratings-- get numbers up to justify a S2 for BOBA FETT

And Ahsoka? always good to see her, and for IRL reasons of advertising her upcoming show, makes sense

But her dialogue here brings up questions- like if she has known Luke for a while, than WHY did she have Din take Grogu to Tython and put him in the temple there to "see who is listening" A very dangerous prospect- not only for what we saw, but any fore user- lightside, dark side or grey could have heard and got there. So why didn't she just tell Din to take Grogu directly to Luke instead?

And how does DIN know what planet they were on anyhow? How can it possibly be the safest place if Din just somehow tracked them by looking for 'Skywalker' using his bounty hunter skills and devices (tracking fobs)?

But as this guy says-- it was ALL GOOD ,especially Cad Bane and Cobb Vanth- and to hear they used more material from the AFTERMATH books with the name of the town. Knew that was Bane from the first shot of him way off in the distance-- the hat- who else could it be? :)

Last- if they did not have enough Boba Fett material to fill thee two episodes, to me, it seems as if the last episode may feel rushed? I hope not, I hope it is filled with everything they have not used yet-- characters and action

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpHYTgb5GM8

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The other reason I kinda hope Grogu continues his Jedi training is that I want the next season of Mando to resolve the ownership of the darksaber and hopefully unite the Mandalorians under a new Mandalor (be it Bo Katan, Din Djarin or even Boba Fett).