THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok 2 things

1--- IF his rumor is true, even in part.. it would be very disappointing

why bother making these stand alone shows on all of these great characters to tell the stories of the huge galaxy that the story of SW's inhabits ONLY TO COME AROUND and have it ALWAYS come back to the same well known, over used and over played SAME HALF DOZEN OR SO CHARACTERS?

dumb pandering is what it would be - STAR WARS is and should be about more than the same 3 humans, 2 droids and a Wookie over and over and over

2- more of the 'Boba Fett is a badass and this isn't Boba Fett

in this video he lists all the 'bad ass' things we see Din Djarin doing in Mandalorian--- like 'cutting a man in two with a door, hanging a man from light post, etc,etc all centered around pew pew and violence

then he says something like "We are not seeing Boba Fett doing any of these things like the bad ass he was in Empire"

ok... WHAT!.... again, someone clarify for me

all I remember Fett ever doing in the OT is a lot of background standing around,, when he did get ready to shoot his blaster, Vader kept him from doing it. He never even fought hand to hand with anyone, did he? He conspired with Vader and Lando to capture Han, he oversaw Han being frozen and then, got knocked into the Sarlacc by a blinded Han flailing around

WHAT BADASS!!! Someone please tell me :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYPFLxrJEc&t=928s

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
several hours later.....

this came on my feed, only reason i am posting again

someone conveniently put all Boba scenes into one vid.. and Boba, counting CW's and Mandalorian, as a total of about 35 minutes of screen time

and, he DOES NOT seem to get any better at being a "bad ass" until after his Tusken time being trained in hand to hand

watch the video-- everytime Boba gets in a fight- he usually loses, until Mandalorian S2

so the "bad ass" the Fett boi's crave was developed by what we are now seeing; his training with the Tuskens

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJGbz6R-sc

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I don’t get this complaint either. It isn’t woke and I like having a slower story that takes the time to fill in the blanks in Fett’s story.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don’t get this complaint either. It isn’t woke and I like having a slower story that takes the time to fill in the blanks in Fett’s story.
So, any thoughts on why you think Fennec was on Tat in The Gunslinger episode?

i posted it upthread .. thanks

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not sure what Fennec was doing there. As to Boba, it does seem like they are going to bring in the idea of failing clone physiology.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not sure what Fennec was doing there. As to Boba, it does seem like they are going to bring in the idea of failing clone physiology.
i am guessing that someone called her in.. so far, in Mandalorian, i cannot recall Filoni and Favreau just dropping in tidbits like that for no reason,, there is always some kind of closure

if they leave that hanging it would be the first, i think

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
also, watched an interesting theory, based on Morrisons comments in a interview about being on a "gunship"
and his helping Din and the others take Moff Gideon's ship, that some part of Gideon's people.. or Thrawn's people (?) may show up on Tatooine tracking him and Fennec

and that it will be then that he will call on not only the Tuskens but potentially other bounty hunters and criminal members under his control in combating them

pretty thin, but i suppose it could be interesting

amazing though the way ppl can come up with so much! and i thought i over thought stuff! :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You ever considered writing fan fiction? :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You ever considered writing fan fiction? :)
not really

though via my fb Group, this one ultra conservative guy, who thinks i am one as well because i have like 2 or 3 things i agree with him on, keeps pestering me to write stuff for him

so, he gave me a "outline" roughly based on Orwells "memory hole" control of info and Bradbury's book burning

this is what i gave him

written to his "specs" more or less, though in everything i have written for him i haveput in an attack on conservative, though idk that any have picked up on them

""1mintrufacnet, A Future Political Fiction on the Dangers of Centralizing Information through Digitization.""

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So...Boba Fett has himself his own Rancor now! And we see his Tusken tribe got massacred. Also the Pike Syndicate is on the scene. It's a bit hard to see what they are building up to but the show is interesting in its own right.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So...Boba Fett has himself his own Rancor now! And we see his Tusken tribe got massacred. Also the Pike Syndicate is on the scene. It's a bit hard to see what they are building up to but the show is interesting in its own right.
they TPTBS, seemed to write off the tribe pretty easy for all that was invested in them

idk, i saw one body fire he lit and the pile was kind of small, didn't seem like the whole tribe.. who knows

question STILL remains,, what did he do for 5 years?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
people are STILL making videos bitching about "where did the stormtrooper in sarlacc come from"

in comments for a explanation/theory vid someone made on this, where they thought it was the unit looking for C3PO and R2 , a person posted that those were geared up as sand trooper-- with slightly diff armor, protective pauldrons and the survival backpack

and they are right

i am thinking-- but do we really have to? can't he just be there? -- that when Jabba's Yacht exploded, the local garrison sent out a squad of regularly geared troops to investigate. One tripped in the wreckage and fell in.. there solved

or-- more elaborate--- guy owed a bunch of money to Jabba betting in one of his bars. couldn't pay, got nabbed up on patrol and they tossed him in, in lieu of payment .. there solved :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
1642213576483.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The cyberpunk "motorcycle" gang... Really? :facepalm: What a degradation of the show. All looking spotless and pristine on this desert planet where water is a highly valuable commodity. I guess they spent all their credits on water to polish their hover-bikes. They are so out of place! And the chase scene was cringe.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They were a little silly but not utterly cringe. I could have done without the scene but it didn't ruin anything else.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The cyberpunk "motorcycle" gang... Really? :facepalm: What a degradation of the show. All looking spotless and pristine on this desert planet where water is a highly valuable commodity. I guess they spent all their credits on water to polish their hover-bikes. They are so out of place! And the chase scene was cringe.
think Favreau and Filoni maybe wanted to flirt with the idea of living dangerously close to ruining a franchise entirely-- kind of like the TPTB's of ST- Discovery HAVE done

""this has only been a test"" :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yeah.... unless they are deliberately skipping over chunks of time in Boba's flashbacks, they have done a sucky job in explaining where the 5 yrs went to

and when Fennec told him he was healed- meaning no more bacta tank= no more flashbacks? so no more explaining what he did in that time as well?

not buying it-- too many unanswered issues

again- why was Fennec on Tatooine headed for Mos Espa when she was shot?

did the majority of the 5yrs go by with Boba in the sarlacc or with him with the Tuskens? or was he doing something else?

how do they find out Din Djarin has his armor?

they have 3 more eps to bring in other characters we know from other shows (characters who are not from the OT, not named Skywalker or Solo and who do not have lightsabers) like other clones- like his sister, or Djarin, maybe Cobb Vanth, or other known bounty hunters -- instead we keep getting more new people --"freak of the weeks" like the Borg wanna be's on hover-vespa's :)

IDK.. if I had to vote now, i would vote for no 2nd season

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually a droid told Fett he was healed.

I liked the episode. They have finished filling in the blanks on Boba Fett's history between the Sarlacc pit and Mando. It's pretty clear the majority of the time was Fett with the Tuskens (whose tribe he avenged). It's pretty clear Fett and Fennec are going to arm up to take on the Pike Syndicate.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually a droid told Fett he was healed.

I liked the episode. They have finished filling in the blanks on Boba Fett's history between the Sarlacc pit and Mando. It's pretty clear the majority of the time was Fett with the Tuskens (whose tribe he avenged). It's pretty clear Fett and Fennec are going to arm up to take on the Pike Syndicate.
yeah the droid

how do you get "its pretty clear" the majority of the time he was with the tuskens?

what happened to "if we didn't see it on screen, it didnt happen"? i count about a week at best

if he was with them longer-- tied up out in the sun.. why no sunburn/ tan? why is his jumpsuit still in decent condition after 5 years?

how was he able to deal in the sun and do all of that slave work and fighting with his sarlacc acid injuries without bacta treatment for 5 yrs? then as soon as he meets Fennec she says "you need a bacta tank" and THEN he decides he is sick and needs treatment--after 5 years?

no, maybe that is what they want us to go with, but i am not.

they should not have gone with any flashbacks if they were going to do it half-assed

spending so much time having him connecting with the Tuskens just to have them get killed off (i watched again as well- he burned like 7 bodies-- there were a lot more of them then 7 in the tribe) was a sign it was going downhill IF there is to be no more backstory

they are missing a big potential here -- could have used to the Tuskens as part of his muscle along with whoever it is Fennec is thinking of hiring

Tuskens are due to take back their planet as well after so many eons as outsiders. this could have been the start

just hoping the mercs Fennec is talking about are someone we already know off and not some other newbie of the week -- she does now the Bad Batch, be good to see them

and it IS DAMNED ODD she has not mentioned to Boba that she has worked with them/against them in the past too

think i am hoping against hope for anything good in last 3 eps, but maybe not