SGU CANCELLED. Will there ever be a continuation of this series?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
SGU is canceled and the sets are being dismantled. Whether you are sad or happy about it, "Gauntlet" was the last episode to air in the US yesterday. Fans are really making a lot of noise, so do you think there will ever be a continuation in some form?
Series comeback/reboot, mini-series, TV movie, direct-to-DVD, webisodes, official books, comics, ...?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SGU is canceled and the sets are being dismantled. Whether you are sad or happy about it, "Gauntlet" was the last episode to air in the US yesterday. Fans are really making a lot of noise, so do you think there will ever be a continuation in some form?
Series comeback/reboot, mini-series, TV movie, direct-to-DVD, webisodes, official books, comics, ...?

Not a chance IMO. Carlyle wouldnt come back, most likely. He got burned. And LDP? Ming Na? I dont see any reason why they would want to reprise their roles. I think that when Stargate returns, that SGU wont be considered canon.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Not a chance IMO. Carlyle wouldnt come back, most likely. He got burned. And LDP? Ming Na? I dont see any reason why they would want to reprise their roles. I think that when Stargate returns, that SGU wont be considered canon.

Most likely none of the shows will be canon, there'll be a new one. Which isn't really what I'm interested in so that'll be a bummer. From what they've said though the actors all enjoyed their time on Universe so a continuation in 3 or so years would be great. Literally not going to happen but theoretically great.

Tropicana

Council Member
Which fans is this?

If it's those fans, they will get over it; for the rest of us, it's really just another day of no new SG since SGA ended.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

Books maybe. You say they are making a lot of noise, but SGA fans made the same if not more and all we got was a series of books. "noise" doesnt seem to go far now a days.

G

Graybrew1

Once upon a time, SG was a huge money maker for many years. Give it a couple of years and let all the hub-bub die down. Somebody will bring it back. Just hopefully not the ones that ruined it the first time. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Which fans is this?

If it's those fans, they will get over it; for the rest of us, it's really just another day of no new SG since SGA ended.

GREEN! and I heartily concurr!

Once upon a time, SG was a huge money maker for many years. Give it a couple of years and let all the hub-bub die down. Somebody will bring it back. Just hopefully not the ones that ruined it the first time. ;)

yes I can see it through the mists of time (hey a year is forever in televison) there will be a new wise young padawan who remembers the magic of Stargate, the spinning, the wonderful adventures, the people he felt were family ....and then he will propose to give us Stargate Command! ;)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I only read youtube comments sometimes for the humour, never for the intelligence. I'd finish watching a video about how to make a bottle rocket, and the comment after would says something like, "I'd hit that." LOL, youtube's filled with idiots.

S

Stonelesscutter

I only read youtube comments sometimes for the humour, never for the intelligence. I'd finish watching a video about how to make a bottle rocket, and the comment after would says something like, "I'd hit that." LOL, youtube's filled with idiots.

Okay.

So.

How does this relate to this discussion exactly? :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay.

So.

How does this relate to this discussion exactly? :)

If you can't figure it out then we can't possibly help you.

Like the Buddha said: "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."

Inara

GateFans Noob

Check out Real Life Comics for a cartoon about the end of SGU and Stargate in general versus the Star Trek series that puts things in perspective about how long it can take for a restart. Perspective that says I'm old. I do not like such perspective.

Mark it on your calendars; 2021 for a Stargate movie. :rotflmao:

G

Graybrew1

Check out Real Life Comics for a cartoon about the end of SGU and Stargate in general versus the Star Trek series that puts things in perspective about how long it can take for a restart. Perspective that says I'm old. I do not like such perspective.

Mark it on your calendars; 2021 for a Stargate movie. :rotflmao:

With a heavy heart , I can only say..... I hope they are wrong.

S

Stonelesscutter

If you can't figure it out then we can't possibly help you.

Like the Buddha said: "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."

Are you pretending to be a broken record? :)
You've used the exact same phrase on me before.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'd like it to return as a different riff on the SGA universe....

Stargate: Wraith!

Get Chris Heyerdahl to star as Todd, and the main focus of the show is the life and interplay of the Wraith from his POV. Human characters would actually be secondary on the show.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I was talking about the comments on sites such as YouTube and Syfy...

I figured it was and I say again its no more than the outcry for Caprica or sga. An MGM big wig even had to address the amount of emails and letters regarding sga's cancellation, GW had to change it's whole mission statement. Sgu reaction is just average.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Most likely none of the shows will be canon, there'll be a new one. Which isn't really what I'm interested in so that'll be a bummer. From what they've said though the actors all enjoyed their time on Universe so a continuation in 3 or so years would be great. Literally not going to happen but theoretically great.

I tend to agree here. I think that ALL of the Brad Wright Stargate canon will be dumped when Stargate returns. And I also think the next "new" Stargate is going to be a movie, not a series. Maybe even two movies. But I do think that it will be connected to the original movie, and I think the roles of Jack and Daniel will return using new actors.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I tend to agree here. I think that ALL of the Brad Wright Stargate canon will be dumped when Stargate returns. And I also think the next "new" Stargate is going to be a movie, not a series. Maybe even two movies. But I do think that it will be connected to the original movie, and I think the roles of Jack and Daniel will return using new actors.

Knowing Hollywood we'd get Dolph Lundgren as Jack and Shia LeBoeuf as Daniel...

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

I don't even think that it will be connected to the original Stargate movie. It'll probably be a complete reboot all the way back to square one. Though Jack and Daniel will be there with new actors just as you said (Adam Baldwin and Gareth-David Lloyd if I had say in the casting).

Knowing Hollywood we'd get Dolph Lundgren as Jack and Shia LeBoeuf as Daniel...

HEY, don't knock on Dolph Lundgren! He's a Swede like me, plus he's a really cool guy to talk to. He didn't seem arrogant or snobbish at all when I met him, and that's a bonus when it comes to actors.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I don't even think that it will be connected to the original Stargate movie. It'll probably be a complete reboot all the way back to square one. Though Jack and Daniel will be there with new actors just as you said (Adam Baldwin and Gareth-David Lloyd if I had say in the casting).

HEY, don't knock on Dolph Lundgren! He's a Swede like me, plus he's a really cool guy to talk to. He didn't seem arrogant or snobbish at all when I met him, and that's a bonus when it comes to actors.

Good point.

New venture into Hollywood logic.....Jesse Eisenberg as Jack and Anton Yelchin as Daniel....