OMNI's Art Thread

G

Graybrew1

Wow , You have SKILLS! :beckettu: :thoranime12: :daniel_new_anime021 :tealc_newanime006: :tealc_new049:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, tonight the header gets coded so we can have our awesome flash header OMNI designed! I have to write code for it into the header template so wish me luck. Also, expect some weird looking stuff to happen with the header for the next two hours or so. :)

EDIT: DONE! It looks very cool and does not ruin page load times. :) Now, we need one that says GATEFANS with www.gatefans.net below it for the front page. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Okay, tonight the header gets coded so we can have our awesome flash header OMNI designed! I have to write code for it into the header template so wish me luck. Also, expect some weird looking stuff to happen with the header for the next two hours or so. :)

EDIT: DONE! It looks very cool and does not ruin page load times. :) Now, we need one that says GATEFANS with www.gatefans.net below it for the front page. :)

WOW OM1 and OMNI . You guys are geniuses !!! That looks beyond awesome . Thanks !!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Love the new header-- just perfect guys! :D

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Well the motorcycle is supposed to be made of light isn't it?
have you seen tron? or are you just fussing over my name for it? :P

Wow , You have SKILLS! :beckettu: :thoranime12: :daniel_new_anime021 :tealc_newanime006: :tealc_new049:
thanks greybrew!

ooh lookin sexy there ;)
and pageload seems to be unaffected so thats good :)
and front page? im on it ;)

WOW OM1 and OMNI . You guys are geniuses !!! That looks beyond awesome . Thanks !!!
glad ya like it Trip!

Love the new header-- just perfect guys! :D
thanks Rac!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
note to thread: The lightcycle is now featured on the front page of http://www.foundation3d.com/ just about 14h after i posted it :D
this is my second first page feature over there and my first was actually last month SO 2 motnhs in a row on there YAY!! :D

S

Stonelesscutter

note to thread: The lightcycle is now featured on the front page of http://www.foundation3d.com/ just about 14h after i posted it :D
this is my second first page feature over there and my first was actually last month SO 2 motnhs in a row on there YAY!! :D

Way to go, congratulations on that.
New moving logo looks awesome too.

And yes I have seen Tron, that's why I mentioned it. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Are you more of a mind to agree with OM1 and Myself now brother Omni??
We are ALWAYS our own worst critics, but you have the mad skillz and let NO ONE tell you otherwise!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fma8AluVtQ

That reminded me a lot of final fantasy 8, the garden. Have any other animations? Like a starbase or something and trade ships and military ships flying away from it...sorry fantasizing.

Also, don't mean to nitpick, hope you know I do respect and admire your work. But on the gate animation you did here, the little light in the center seems to be prominent. And you do the gates passing over it, but the light still shines over the gate kinda taking away from the effect, don't know if you understand what I mean.

Awesome works, wish I learned something more than basic photoshop.

S

Stonelesscutter

That reminded me a lot of final fantasy 8, the garden. Have any other animations? Like a starbase or something and trade ships and military ships flying away from it...sorry fantasizing.

Also, don't mean to nitpick, hope you know I do respect and admire your work. But on the gate animation you did here, the little light in the center seems to be prominent. And you do the gates passing over it, but the light still shines over the gate kinda taking away from the effect, don't know if you understand what I mean.

Awesome works, wish I learned something more than basic photoshop.

Hmmm... the man has a point there. Hadn't noticed that.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I don't see it that way at all. The gates seem to be semi-transparent to me. The light shines through them illuminating them - it looks very different when the gates are in front of the light.

S

Stonelesscutter

I don't see it that way at all. The gates seem to be semi-transparent to me. The light shines through them illuminating them - it looks very different when the gates are in front of the light.

I think that's basically what mzzz said but in other words.
The gates are semi-transparent, therefore the light shines throug them.
But stargates are supposed to be solid objects that block the light when the source is behind them.

S

Stonelesscutter

The second one has a much nicer face as the first one. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

It looks awesome as usual.
But is it just me or do them thighs seem a little female? :)