Omni's 3D thread vol1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
my recreation of AlecM's scene in BAMSR.

did ok i think.
be_all_my_sins_remembered_by_alxshipyards-d31qtwy.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You didnt get the meaning of what we were trying to say!

lol i know that feeling ;)

and yes i am 25 soon to be 26 and i agree with the rest but like i said i still feel i need to polish the skills i have some more before i take that plunge, and as im learning more and more everyday i have a feeling ill soon get to where i need to be and then ill go wild and "shop" ;)

--------------------------------------

anyway something old in a new package
View attachment 1477

(been having a wee predator marathon the last few days hence the pred facination.)

See, THATS the rub. You dont need to "polish your skills before you take that plunge". You have already taken the plunge, and you have published some of your work. You cant measure your skills against what you see out there. Those people are well....those people. They arent you. And for all you know, it takes months for some of them to do what you seem to be able to do almost overnight. And you are self taught? Just LOL!

Take our advice, if you are only 25-26 and you are showing this sort of talent just from your self-learning, you are some kinda CGI prodigy :beckettu:. You cant see it because you live in your skinbag and to you, its just normal. Like Gatefan1976 said, you need to just keep your name and your work out there and in the minds of mentors. Somebody WILL take an interest and perhaps take you under their wing. Consider internship at a CGI firm. Bring that laptop with its renderings on it and show them off at lunch break. Email links to your YouTube videos...make a resume. At the rates CGI artists make these days, you could EASILY be a millionaire by age 30.

Why wait? You are already ready. :icon_e_wink:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
See, THATS the rub. You dont need to "polish your skills before you take that plunge". You have already taken the plunge, and you have published some of your work. You cant measure your skills against what you see out there. Those people are well....those people. They arent you. And for all you know, it takes months for some of them to do what you seem to be able to do almost overnight. And you are self taught? Just LOL!

Take our advice, if you are only 25-26 and you are showing this sort of talent just from your self-learning, you are some kinda CGI prodigy :beckettu:. You cant see it because you live in your skinbag and to you, its just normal. Like Gatefan1976 said, you need to just keep your name and your work out there and in the minds of mentors. Somebody WILL take an interest and perhaps take you under their wing. Consider internship at a CGI firm. Bring that laptop with its renderings on it and show them off at lunch break. Email links to your YouTube videos...make a resume. At the rates CGI artists make these days, you could EASILY be a millionaire by age 30.

To "steal" from GW, there is not enough "green" in the world to show you how much I agree with OM1 here dude. let me shout it out to you, just to make sure it gets in:

YOU HAVE FUCKING MAD CGI SKILLZ, STOP DOUBTING YOUR ABILLITY.

Back to real life. Dude, when I was 18-19 I was in charge of all the local/international exports from Australia to the whole world of high performance metal-braided engine hosing and composite hoses for petro-chemical uses. If I fucked up, seriously bad shit could happen. I'm not trying to blow my horn here (hell. these days I'm a stay at home parent with 3 kids), but I AM trying to blow yours. You are good at what you love, and that is a rare fucking gift, Don't waste it by saying "I'm not ready" or "I'm not good enough"
NEVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT, IT IS AN INSULT TO OTHERS, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY AN INSULT TO YOURSELF.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob

To "steal" from GW, there is not enough "green" in the world to show you how much I agree with OM1 here dude. let me shout it out to you, just to make sure it gets in:

YOU HAVE FUCKING MAD CGI SKILLZ, STOP DOUBTING YOUR ABILLITY.

Back to real life. Dude, when I was 18-19 I was in charge of all the local/international exports from Australia to the whole world of high performance metal-braided engine hosing and composite hoses for petro-chemical uses. If I fucked up, seriously bad shit could happen. I'm not trying to blow my horn here (hell. these days I'm a stay at home parent with 3 kids), but I AM trying to blow yours. You are good at what you love, and that is a rare fucking gift, Don't waste it by saying "I'm not ready" or "I'm not good enough"
NEVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT, IT IS AN INSULT TO OTHERS, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY AN INSULT TO YOURSELF.
firts off im not selling myself short.

thing is there are a few KEY things i need to know the basics on before i can start "shop" ing
and im slowly but surly working my way thrugh them.

these in clude rigging and some effect basics which are quite hard to get a grasp on, and i know for a fact that if i dont ATLEAST have a basic understanding of most thing that can be made with the softwares i use i have 0 chance on getting either an internship or a job doing this.

ALSO keep in mind i live in sweden and the CG industri is beyond tiny here so the competition is quite fierce.

basicly what im trying to say is Trust me i know what im doing and what i need to learn before i can move on to greater things.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
When in doubt.... NUKE IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GzznjVuvK8

after an epic fail at this effect a few months ago i decided to try it again.

i think i did farly well this time.

New pictars.
be_all_my_sins_remembered_v2_by_alxshipyards-d34iaoi.png

trinity_volume_ii_by_alxshipyards-d34gm2g.png

aerobreaking_volii_by_alxshipyards-d34bruh.png

aerobreking_volii_part2_by_alxshipyards-d34btc5.png

f_t_l_by_alxshipyards-d34gos2.png

seeder_ship_ii_by_alxshipyards-d34goob.png

this is the new seeder ship mesh of mine in full light

seedership_studio_by_alxshipyards-d34gmhf.png

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Hello.

some of you may wonder where i went off to during these few months ive ben awol from SGUSucks
well as i was "accidentally" put on moderation by staff on here and since all attempts at rectifying this by the staff seems to have failed i finally decided to take it into my own hands and make a new user as fixing my old account seems pointless.

anyway im back and in a min or two ill dump a load of new pics and artworks.

also YAY @ the SGU cancelation :D.

now then i promised you scenes.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
LOL

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indeed, ive learned some more i can put to good use.
and i should update some of the scenes i made for DF as they siply dont have the same level of work put ito em.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No!

Oh no!!!!
The Asgard are taking over Atlantis!

No, they were invited, silly! They are there to outfit Atlantis with Untra Trans Hyperspace Wormhole Drive so that they can get to Destiny and blow it to bits. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude, you are a prodigy.

cool cool then im sure you dig this aswell.

visitors_2_by_alxshipyards-d35ui2b.png

visitors_by_alxshipyards-d35ui0e.png

That is just breathtaking work. BREATHTAKING. With the proper equipment and enough time, you could to the interior and exterior of every building in Atlantis, AND animate it. You do realize that 3D models are the virtual sets used in every new-age show like Sanctuary, V, and the upcoming Blood and Chrome...

All they do is to chromakey out the background and track the video in the model, and then add a digital dropshadow which is tracked with the lighting sources in the model. I just got a chromakey screen and have been doing some neat stuff with it! :)

Get out there and get rich...you are ready! :joy:

S

Stonelesscutter

No, they were invited, silly! They are there to outfit Atlantis with Untra Trans Hyperspace Wormhole Drive so that they can get to Destiny and blow it to bits. :)

Ah IC My mistake I thought it was them evil pegasus asgard. Aamof if you want to have the situation fit in the whole sg canon it would have to be the evil asgard since the nice little greybutts were all extinct before destiny was ever discovered. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ah IC My mistake I thought it was them evil pegasus asgard. Aamof if you want to have the situation fit in the whole sg canon it would have to be the evil asgard since the nice little greybutts were all extinct before destiny was ever discovered. ;)

What you mean these guys:

images

images

Status
Not open for further replies.