Stonelesscutter

indeed i agree
and thanks!

indeed i try to :P

here is another one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUH3H6tRYaA

took my 302 for a ride today..
went and saw the pyramids....
the egyptian airforce didnt take kindly to my presence.. LOL.

Nice vid.
There appears to be an odd little wobble in the flight trajectory just before the 302 passes over/behind the pyramid.
As if the pilot thought, oops I'm heading straight for it, better adjust.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
Old model of mine i decided to update with some rescently acquired skills.

gtr_update_by_alxshipyards-d2zdiv1.jpg

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Like Eva Angelina once said (and i never could find that video again cause she said it so awesomly)

"It's fucking fantastic!"

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
Like Eva Angelina once said (and i never could find that video again cause she said it so awesomly)

"It's fucking fantastic!"
i think i may have seen that vid aswell....

anyway if you enjoyed that youll most likly enjoy these aswell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrS1G3Chvbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8FlZp9mHnY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQPEQQlqPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIn52n1Gfmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXxUyJhRXg

S

Stonelesscutter

How are you with modelling people? Do you think you could create a scene with the new aliens having a gangbang with Chloe?

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
How are you with modelling people? Do you think you could create a scene with the new aliens having a gangbang with Chloe?

donno you tell me..

[video=youtube;6R8oPInj-bU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8oPInj-bU

[video=youtube;NvD5-Kp1xX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvD5-Kp1xX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiyKTplHcgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq92TSzuZsI

personally i think im barly a novice when it comes to character rigging and movement.
an modeling the new aliens would take to much time and i dont see the point as im not really a fan of the show.

S

Stonelesscutter

Okay.
Well the walk of the guy in the second vid seems somewhat alien. ;)
Makes me think of an Asgard.
But since they reproduce asexually there wouldn't really be a point of using them om Chloe instead. :P
You don't have to be a fan of the series, actually it's best not to be. :)
I just figured with so many people on this site talking about Chloe having sex with aliens there's bound to be a market for it.
Ah well...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Just a question mate

Do you shop your work around at all??
Like, if I'm going to be brutally honest, it looks amaturish, but I think that is more a factor of your hardware/software more than your actual ability. (oh, don't get me wrong, I might call it "amaturish", but it is still fucking awesome and shits 6 feet on anything I could do)

Seriously man, if you have a passion for this stuff (and I think you do) Go for it hard, shop your work around and get a job in the field of CGI because I for one think you have some real talent that companies would be interested in.

OMNI FTW!!!, Go for it dude.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
Do you shop your work around at all??
Like, if I'm going to be brutally honest, it looks amaturish, but I think that is more a factor of your hardware/software more than your actual ability. (oh, don't get me wrong, I might call it "amaturish", but it is still fucking awesome and shits 6 feet on anything I could do)

Seriously man, if you have a passion for this stuff (and I think you do) Go for it hard, shop your work around and get a job in the field of CGI because I for one think you have some real talent that companies would be interested in.

OMNI FTW!!!, Go for it dude.
what do you mean with shop?

and yes iknow it looks amature-ish as i am an amature and ive only been doing this for a year and i have no schooling in the matter and all i know is self taught within the past year,

and my plans for next fall is to re-apply to Uni for a 3 year course in 3d/CGI/FX, i did apply this year and i did get accepted purly on what skill i had then (6months ago give or take) but i couldnt afford the commute at that time so i had to forfeit my spot.

also a worthy note due to your comment on the look of some of my stuff,

i am currently stuck on a midpowered Laptop and that in it self limits what quality i can produce mostly due to extreeme rendertimes or if the setup is to complex it wont render at all i also choose to oversimplify to get the rendertimes down to something i can manage and im not patient enough to wait 40h for A frame in 4k rezolution as the studios do besides im sure that would cook my computer if it would even render.

and yes i do have a passion and by many i am considdered THE stargate fan modeler as ive produced so much so quickly and in a short time i have gotten a descent sized fanbase :P
and i have found ways to make money off my 3d work selling furniture and household objects scenes etc so i think im well on my way towards making this my career ;)

and thanks im glad you like whatever it is you liked ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You are a natural.

and yes iknow it looks amature-ish as i am an amature and ive only been doing this for a year and i have no schooling in the matter and all i know is self taught within the past year,

and my plans for next fall is to re-apply to Uni for a 3 year course in 3d/CGI/FX, i did apply this year and i did get accepted purly on what skill i had then (6months ago give or take) but i couldnt afford the commute at that time so i had to forfeit my spot.

i am currently stuck on a midpowered Laptop and that in it self limits what quality i can produce mostly due to extreeme rendertimes or if the setup is to complex it wont render at all i also choose to oversimplify to get the rendertimes down to something i can manage and im not patient enough to wait 40h for A frame in 4k rezolution as the studios do besides im sure that would cook my computer if it would even render.

and yes i do have a passion and by many i am considdered THE stargate fan modeler as ive produced so much so quickly and in a short time i have gotten a descent sized fanbase :P
and i have found ways to make money off my 3d work selling furniture and household objects scenes etc so i think im well on my way towards making this my career ;)

Your natural talent shows clearly in your work. I think you dont even know how good you are. :) When he says "shop yourself" I think he means to CGI firms/studios who do this sort of work exclusively. I believe if they saw your work and you told them you have only been doing it a year, that they would not only considering hiring you immediately, but they might just send you to whatever training you need to do the work. Your sort of talent is very rare at the moment.

As far as your laptop, you need a decent desktop system with a good processor and motherboard that you can expand. Its the only area where desktops still have a distinct advantage over laptops. You can change processors, the amount of RAM, and you can add cards to them (graphics and peripherals). They last much longer, and you can be rendering on it whilst using your laptop for other things.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
Your natural talent shows clearly in your work. I think you dont even know how good you are. :) When he says "shop yourself" I think he means to CGI firms/studios who do this sort of work exclusively. I believe if they saw your work and you told them you have only been doing it a year, that they would not only considering hiring you immediately, but they might just send you to whatever training you need to do the work. Your sort of talent is very rare at the moment.

As far as your laptop, you need a decent desktop system with a good processor and motherboard that you can expand. Its the only area where desktops still have a distinct advantage over laptops. You can change processors, the amount of RAM, and you can add cards to them (graphics and peripherals). They last much longer, and you can be rendering on it whilst using your laptop for other things.

thank you!
and i dont considder myself "good" and i admit to barly being a novice in many ways as i spend many hours a week simply browsing the net looking at the uberskill some artist posses and like me are self taught so i have "goals" so to speak and ive set them high ;)

and as for applying and sending out demo reels etc the competition in this "industri" is very talented and it is hard to get into the buisness with a weak demo reel, but as time goes by and my skills develop and improve the liklyhood of me getting hired somewhere increases but for now i need to learn more ;)

and yes i have mny sights set on a uberpowerd desktop system and im currently in the process of collecting funds thru comissions and selling of models etc so i might someday soon be able to buy myself a descent system ;)

here is an example of what i have as my current goal and what id like to achive in skill before next fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNKNboyddxA

hopefully i can atleast get close to that in that time.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Have you tried to get into the Industry?

thank you!
and i dont considder myself "good" and i admit to barly being a novice in many ways as i spend many hours a week simply browsing the net looking at the uberskill some artist posses and like me are self taught so i have "goals" so to speak and ive set them high ;)

and as for applying and sending out demo reels etc the competition in this "industri" is very talented and it is hard to get into the buisness with a weak demo reel, but as time goes by and my skills develop and improve the liklyhood of me getting hired somewhere increases but for now i need to learn more ;)

and yes i have mny sights set on a uberpowerd desktop system and im currently in the process of collecting funds thru comissions and selling of models etc so i might someday soon be able to buy myself a descent system ;)

here is an example of what i have as my current goal and what id like to achive in skill before next fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNKNboyddxA

hopefully i can atleast get close to that in that time.

Have you tried? Its not all about the demo reel. Its about the dedication and passion you have for what you do. Until you try and fail, you cant assume that somebody telling you its hard without a decent demo reel is telling you the truth.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
Have you tried? Its not all about the demo reel. Its about the dedication and passion you have for what you do. Until you try and fail, you cant assume that somebody telling you its hard without a decent demo reel is telling you the truth.

no i havnt but im going by the talent ive seen "out there" and i feel i need to develop a little further before i take that plunge.

anyway something new.
predator_wip1_by_alxshipyards-d319ydw.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you Omni, but I tend I sometimes forget what threads I have posted on.

OM1 was right in what I meant by "shopping your work around", Get out there in the industry and show your work off, it (no matter what you may think) is really good.:beckettu: Judging by some of the stuff you have said to OM1, I'm guessing you are fairly young (20-25??) and to have "natural talent" for such a field at that age is a huge benefit as it is a hell of alot easier for a "mentor" to train a "raw talent" than someone who has been "mindfucked" by an education system. For example, I see by your Sig you watch Mythbusters, Tori B got his job in M5 by walking in off the street and sweeping the shop floor and learning "on the job", I could easily see the same aproach working for you as you have the obvious drive and passion for the work. Send demo's out to every bloody CGI house you can think of, Whenever you finish a new render, post it off to them again. It's all about keeping your name in thier head and not loosing heart. Just remember dude, some of the worlds most authors could wallpaper a house with rejection slips, but what would we have lost if they gave up??

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you Omni, but I tend I sometimes forget what threads I have posted on.

OM1 was right in what I meant by "shopping your work around", Get out there in the industry and show your work off, it (no matter what you may think) is really good.:beckettu: Judging by some of the stuff you have said to OM1, I'm guessing you are fairly young (20-25??) and to have "natural talent" for such a field at that age is a huge benefit as it is a hell of alot easier for a "mentor" to train a "raw talent" than someone who has been "mindfucked" by an education system. For example, I see by your Sig you watch Mythbusters, Tori B got his job in M5 by walking in off the street and sweeping the shop floor and learning "on the job", I could easily see the same aproach working for you as you have the obvious drive and passion for the work. Send demo's out to every bloody CGI house you can think of, Whenever you finish a new render, post it off to them again. It's all about keeping your name in thier head and not loosing heart. Just remember dude, some of the worlds most authors could wallpaper a house with rejection slips, but what would we have lost if they gave up??

lol i know that feeling ;)

and yes i am 25 soon to be 26 and i agree with the rest but like i said i still feel i need to polish the skills i have some more before i take that plunge, and as im learning more and more everyday i have a feeling ill soon get to where i need to be and then ill go wild and "shop" ;)

--------------------------------------

anyway something old in a new package
predator_scene_tester1_by_alxshipyards-d31ec8q.jpg

(been having a wee predator marathon the last few days hence the pred facination.)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Sorry i've been AWOL. Been busy at work trying to win an iPad :P (it's almost gauranteed mine, but we'll see :P)

Things are looking fantastic as always Alx, keep it up! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.