Musical Performances on YouTube

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I watch this every morning for my laugh of the day ... It just kills me the way he plays along and adds some serious flare to an other wise crappy kids song . LOL ,,, Only in Japan ... Watch a few of his/her vids . One serious drummer indeed ...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
definitely not baby metal

this is baby metal :)

"Baby metal"? OMFG. Tell me this....without the visuals of girlish singers and all the other sparkly stuff, what is this "music" supposed to be? Lets just say you were only listening to the music, and you never saw who was making it. Would you still listen to it? I dunno...these little girls creep me out. Its like they are trying to appeal to pedophiles. I know I'm wrong, but just....

pedometal.PNG

Pedo Metal! :shame: :nightmare: :icon_e_confused: :apthy:

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Its like they are trying to appeal to pedophiles. I know I'm wrong, but just....

yes!!!

i brought that up in both a YT post on one oft heir vids and on a FB fan page

on both spaces I WAS CALLED a pedophile for just asking the same question you did in the way you did. stuff said to me like 'only an american would think of that'.

i only pointed out that in america an adult (18) is used to often portray a younger person on screen or on tv, that is a way they get a way with stuff they never would with an actual under age actor.

and also, mainly, now they are older, they should dress in accordance with their age. they want to rock singers then dress like rock singers--- NOPE! I gothammered for that too :)

these girls are now in their early 20's but they did start young
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am not drawn to it because of the girls--you should know that based on other music i have put up here. one day i was watching some rock vids from bands not american you know how those YT 'rabbit holes' go, and they popped up as a suggesting with their 'karate' video. that song got me looking at their other stuff and then, the clincher, their live shows. the excitement level and reaction in the crowds to their performances is at a very high level.

it is about the music

the band that supports them is filled with professional high quality studio musicians who were hired to record for the albums and then later stayed on to tour

i would call the type of music a mash up of several genres; rock, heavy metal, 'euro' metal. many women/girls are attracted to this band because of the girls though

in japanese they are an example of 'kawaii' media/entertainment. kawaii meaning cute or for the japanese, instead of saying cute in place of kawaii, they say 'baby'

so the bands name, in the japanese is 'cute metal'

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Pedo Metal!

if that is your position, then all that classical stuff is 'racist music' since the powdered wig wearing,white boy fools who made it and those who listened to it back then, were all mainly, north western europeans who, at the time, thought that the white man was superior to all others-even other europeans

they were the people that brought us the current concept of 'race' and the classifications and categorizations of all 'lesser men'

hell, hitler and his gang were inspired by much of the classical stuff as an example of the superiority of the white man

i know i am wrong but.... :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
if that is your position, then all that classical stuff is 'racist music' since the powdered wig wearing,white boy fools who made it and those who listened to it back then, were all mainly, north western europeans who, at the time, thought that the white man was superior to all others-even other europeans

they were the people that brought us the current concept of 'race' and the classifications and categorizations of all 'lesser men'

hell, hitler and his gang were inspired by much of the classical stuff as an example of the superiority of the white man

i know i am wrong but.... :) :)

If you are merely looking at what the appearance of the artists were, that really isn't very musical, is it? Bach is the epitome of mathematical precision when it came to doing counterpoint and dancing around harmonic rules. True artistry. The expressive music of Chopin, Mozart and Mendelssohn is beyond the skills of most "musicians" today. Then there are the jazz (and some rock) musicians whose orchestral forms and even trios and quartets with clear melodies and lyrics make today's trash sound like noise.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I would not necessarily say it is to attract creeps, probably does tho, but it is a cutesy way of Japan messing up the image of Heavy metal by using young girls to have the persona of metal heads . Japan is a huge fan of metal and they keep that kind of music alive and well , [not that metal is dead], in the most bizarre ways you could imagine ,Baby Metal being one . Band Maids is another one that youtube showed me but the girls are much older . Japan is king at doing weird chit !
If anything , it's good for a laugh then you move on to the guy/girl in the cat outfit drumming like a mad person and just plain laugh at Japan and it's outright silliness they bring to music .
Am I a fan of Baby Metal? or Band Maids? . Nope and never would be . I am a fan of the crazy cat drummer tho lol !!!

Time for my morning laugh !!!

;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I would not necessarily say it is to attract creeps, probably does tho, but it is a cutesy way of Japan messing up the image of Heavy metal by using young girls to have the persona of metal heads . Japan is a huge fan of metal and they keep that kind of music alive and well , [not that metal is dead], in the most bizarre ways you could imagine ,Baby Metal being one . Band Maids is another one that youtube showed me but the girls are much older . Japan is king at doing weird chit !
If anything , it's good for a laugh then you move on to the guy/girl in the cat outfit drumming like a mad person and just plain laugh at Japan and it's outright silliness they bring to music .
Am I a fan of Baby Metal? or Band Maids? . Nope and never would be . I am a fan of the crazy cat drummer tho lol !!!

;)

The drummer is the only cool part of that band! :) Those little girls...I went to a few YouTube videos on them and more than 3/4 see the pedo angle about them. The drummer is cool because that crazy outfit with the drumming just looks cool!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
"Baby metal"? OMFG. Tell me this....without the visuals of girlish singers and all the other sparkly stuff, what is this "music" supposed to be? Lets just say you were only listening to the music, and you never saw who was making it. Would you still listen to it? I dunno...these little girls creep me out. Its like they are trying to appeal to pedophiles. I know I'm wrong, but just....

View attachment 34787

Pedo Metal! :shame: :nightmare: :icon_e_confused: :apthy:

This is what Japan thinks of them in a few interviews ...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

;)

I don't get the appeal. The "music" is undanceable. You can jump around and "mosh", but that isn't dancing. And it has no real beat, even though the crazy drummer is really good. The tempo is waaayyyyy too fast.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is what Japan thinks of them in a few interviews ...

Those Japanese commenters completely miss the foreign (American) creep factor. The songs are all in Japanese, and yet I would assume that 99% of any Americans who like this band in America does not speak Japanese, and thus do not even know what the songs are about. That leaves only the visuals that are appealing to them, and all we can actually see are the crazy drummer (cool), and three little Japanese girls dressed in cute outfits. It does not matter if they are 20 years old, they look like they are 12 or 13 years old which to me is okay, only if you are also a teen. There should not be adult men drooling over these girls. :sulkiness: But here they are (this is in Dallas)...

Creeeeepy!

These Babymetal posts belong in the Musical Performances thread. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Bach is the epitome of mathematical precision when it came to doing counterpoint and dancing around harmonic rules. True artistry.

if you are listening to music-any music- at that level of evaluation then 2 things:

1- you are definitely a S.T.E.M. person and

2- the music ceases to be entertainment and becomes a tedium or another form of work/stress/anxiety/concern, etc,etc

music should be about entertainment, distraction from daily life and all that other good stuff :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't get the appeal. The "music" is undanceable. You can jump around and "mosh", but that isn't dancing. And it has no real beat, even though the crazy drummer is really good. The tempo is waaayyyyy too fast.

thats why its called heavy metal. as a rock/metal fan, i do not want music that is danceable!

if someone is into babymetal or ANY rock band for the visuals then they ARE NOT real fans

are these americans then creeps for having them open for them on their tours?

red hot chili peppers, metallica and even (gasp, yuck) lady gaga

red hot's on stage with babymetal