General Discussion/Speculation

G

Graybrew1

I liked this one!

The whole "zombie" motif gave it a good horror movie type of vibe, and the discussions between Pete and Myka about "putting the other one down" were funny. Also, Claudia had a good subplot where - amazingly - Leena had an important part (reminding Leena about the neede to understand exactly how an artifact works). Also, it is apparent Jinks is being set up to be either a bad guy or it is all a ruse and he is a plant working for Ms. Fredericks (probably the second one).

The only part here that did not work was Claudia pining over Jinks (I don't mean romantically). There was no plot development between them to make their being BFFs logical or even expected - it comes out of nowhere. If you're going to make characters close friends so that their parting has impact then you need to show the friendship take root and grow on screen.

I loved this ep, very funny lines in it. Claudia did not disappoint again. I quite liked having the zombies, might have been better for Halloween time, though.

Yes, I think Jinx is a double agent, otherwise he would not be PUSHING Claudia away so vehemently. I kinda think she thinks of him like a brother, since hers is not around. So......maybe a bit of transference? That would make sense. She was without family for so many years and she is desperate to be a part of one. She thinks of him as a part of the family unit.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, but again (just like torchwood) Claudia's being upset over Jinks leaving and her thinking of him like BFF was out of the blue - not developed and set up in previous episodes. If they want the audience to identify with Claudia's feelings they need to show them being developed.

G

Graybrew1

True, but again (just like torchwood) Claudia's being upset over Jinks leaving and her thinking of him like BFF was out of the blue - not developed and set up in previous episodes. If they want the audience to identify with Claudia's feelings they need to show them being developed.

LOL. I suppose.

I was just not as taken aback by it, perhaps.:)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
LOL?

I just thought it was one substandard piece in an otherwise excellent effort.

S

Stonelesscutter

I liked this one!

The whole "zombie" motif gave it a good horror movie type of vibe, and the discussions between Pete and Myka about "putting the other one down" were funny. Also, Claudia had a good subplot where - amazingly - Leena had an important part (reminding Leena about the neede to understand exactly how an artifact works). Also, it is apparent Jinks is being set up to be either a bad guy or it is all a ruse and he is a plant working for Ms. Fredericks (probably the second one).

The only part here that did not work was Claudia pining over Jinks (I don't mean romantically). There was no plot development between them to make their being BFFs logical or even expected - it comes out of nowhere. If you're going to make characters close friends so that their parting has impact then you need to show the friendship take root and grow on screen.

I agree with you, especially on that last part. There was some bonding going on between Claudia and Jinx previously but not to the extent of what they showed in this episode.

G

Graybrew1

LOL?

I just thought it was one substandard piece in an otherwise excellent effort.

Sensitive much?

It was to lighten the mood, If you need me to remove the "LOL" I will be happy too. Although I stand by my opinion, just as you stand by yours.
So be it, we are allowed to disagree.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not sensitive. Just didn't understand what the LOL was there for :icon_e_smile:

G

Graybrew1

Not sensitive. Just didn't understand what the LOL was there for :icon_e_smile:

As I said to lighten the mood. You seem offended by my disagreeing with you. I accept your reasons for your beliefs, I just saw it a different type of way.

I would suggest that Claudia took Jinx by surprise by her instant attachment, or that the convo when he told her he thought of her as a "little sister" was very endearing to her. It is in my opinion, you men in general take longer to become attached than it does for most women.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I liked this one!

The whole "zombie" motif gave it a good horror movie type of vibe, and the discussions between Pete and Myka about "putting the other one down" were funny. Also, Claudia had a good subplot where - amazingly - Leena had an important part (reminding Claudia about the need to understand exactly how an artifact works). Also, it is apparent Jinks is being set up to be either a bad guy or it is all a ruse and he is a plant working for Ms. Fredericks (probably the second one).

I pretty much agree with this. I think Jinks has gone undercover and it's all a plan to infiltrate the enemy camp. I mean, how many times have we seen this before, yawn. Plus he's supposed to be this calm, collected budhist who doesn't drink yet here he is suddenly doing a 180 on his beliefs. So nice to know ones moral center can be compromised so easily.

The Claudia "We're bestest friends forever blah blah blah" thing is very annoying. Since they have shown very little personal interaction between the two characters it's hard to believe that they are so bonded. I'm sure all will be forgiven once Jinks is exposed as still being a warehouse agent -- either that or he will die since he's not a main cast member.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Or we'll find out that he is really HG Wells using a special shapeshifting artifact....

G

Graybrew1

Okay, tonight is the season finale of Warehouse 13. It just started.
Have to miss Monday Night Football for this, but so be it.

G

Graybrew1

Now this show is true to it's story lines and not just about drama drama drama.:D The fist half so far is quite good.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Pretty dark so far but as you stated good. Well structured drama.

G

Graybrew1

I don't know, I keep hoping some of this is a trick. :(

spoiler tags are still not working right. Darn it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes. The spoiler tags work inside the thread but when the post appears in the side pane on the main page the spoiler contents are visible.

S

Stonelesscutter

Man!!! That is some season ending!

Somehow I have a feeling Artie's watch is gonna be able to turn back time though so all that stuff at the end could be prevented.

I had a bit of a problem with the scene where Sykes was controlling H.G. with the little whip-thingie. Both Pete and Myka had a gun trained at Sykes. All that had to be done to resolve the situation is for one of them to put a cap in his ass, or rather his head.

G

Graybrew1

Man!!! That is some season ending!

Somehow I have a feeling Artie's watch is gonna be able to turn back time though so all that stuff at the end could be prevented.

I had a bit of a problem with the scene where Sykes was controlling H.G. with the little whip-thingie. Both Pete and Myka had a gun trained at Sykes. All that had to be done to resolve the situation is for one of them to put a cap in his ass, or rather his head.

You spoiler tag still shows up on the main forum too. :(