General Discussion & Recap/Review Thread: SGU Episode 10 - "Resurgence"

webduelist

GateFans Noob
season2episode10

well what can I say about this episode. It started somewhat slow but really picked up when they introduced a new bad guy I guess and at the same time took one step closer to being a complete BSG rip off. the episode ends with the Cylons dealing heavy blows to the Galactica. oh wait did I say Cylons I meant Drones and Destiny. Not too bad of a episode however there are pointless conversations again, I don't mind conversations if they pertain to the plot but this talk about our feelings stuff is really old, BSG conversations while some are annoying effect something somehow while in this episode Eli talks to Wray and its completely pointless to the episode. Now im really not trying to compare this to BSG but it gets really hard when they are trying to be BSG. Overall the episode is worth watching if you like space battles, plus if you like watching Destiny being a bad ass, if you want to see a stargate well its not even in this episode at all. Personally im kinda pissed because now I have to wait months just to see the end of this. So to recap Stargate is now BSG, skip the emotional jibber jabber, and don't expect the gate, at all.

high point
Colonel Young "Ancient, English, Bat Signal, what ever else you got"

low point
Eli & Wray conversation or maby the Scott & Chloe I don't know I hate them both the same. Really there are points where they could just stop and move on but they keep going and thats what really drives me crazy about both of these.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh my...

well what can I say about this episode. It started somewhat slow but really picked up when they introduced a new bad guy I guess and at the same time took one step closer to being a complete BSG rip off. the episode ends with the Cylons dealing heavy blows to the Galactica. oh wait did I say Cylons I meant Drones and Destiny. Not too bad of a episode however there are pointless conversations again, I don't mind conversations if they pertain to the plot but this talk about our feelings stuff is really old, BSG conversations while some are annoying effect something somehow while in this episode Eli talks to Wray and its completely pointless to the episode. Now im really not trying to compare this to BSG but it gets really hard when they are trying to be BSG. Overall the episode is worth watching if you like space battles, plus if you like watching Destiny being a bad ass, if you want to see a stargate well its not even in this episode at all. Personally im kinda pissed because now I have to wait months just to see the end of this. So to recap Stargate is now BSG, skip the emotional jibber jabber, and don't expect the gate, at all.

high point

low point
Eli & Wray conversation or maby the Scott & Chloe I don't know I hate them both the same. Really there are points where they could just stop and move on but they keep going and thats what really drives me crazy about both of these.

:facepalm: Im downloading the episode now. Im not expecting much, but as all the other episodes, I want to see it suck all the way to cancellation.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
I liked it. The action was good.

high point

low point

You summed up the episode well.
Most of the episode was about and centered around the action and the action was actually pretty good. I'm also glad we saw some more aliens...the robot ships and telford's new friends.
See this is what I thought and hoped SGU was going to be about when it first aired...I thought it would be about exploration and meeting new aliens as opposed to meeting humans transported from earth by guald to be used as host or fed on by wraith etc. (I'm sorry but SG-1 and SGA should of had more aliens. Meeting humans every week got kind of boring.)
This episode did have its soap opera moments but it was overshadowed by the action stuff which saved the episode.
The main problem with this show is that the characters still fall flat. I'm just not that attached to them. They're all fatally flawed. But I did enjoy the episode...the action was good.
In fact its really the only episode in season 2 I've actually liked. (I've only liked 7 out of 30 episodes so far.)

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Maybe with SGU the only way is up, but to be honest there were moments of excitement. As per usual the beginning was slow and tedious more reflection though musical montages were absent a moment with Eli and him listening to sappy romance (i wuv you sooo muchies) on his iphone. Chloe and Scott scenes was like water boarding to my soul, while she keeps her trap shut for the most post. The part when they board the alien vessel was interesting however Greer lost several points when he said it was 'too quite' yes Greer being in a vacuum tends to remove all sense of sound because there is a distinct lack of air for sound waves to vibrate.

Then some aliens attacked ooh this is exciting lots of pew pew, and while you can see some of the enemy strike craft clearly missing a large target like the Destiny it was fun to watch.And then game the Pegasus guns blazing! Wait I mean Seed ship, again out of honesty that was a cool scene and how they escaped them was actually a good idea (surprised again not one thought of using the local Star as protection) just a shame the enemy ships neglect the knowledge of Stars being super hot and they exploded, I swear these must be like lemmings in space or something (no comment on that game either).

I find it funny that the Seed ships have no weapons to speak of (or as far as I can see, if someone has seen a gun turret or something let me know) yet they aren't as damaged as the Destiny despite being longer out in space, in fact they aren't damaged what so ever. Anyways I got the feeling that the aliens on the seed ship are the ones who built the drones and they rebelled blah blah (I hope they don't go down that route). Random rambles by me.

Yusagi

GateFans Noob
I...actually thought this was one of the better episodes not only of the season but of the series. If it's not the best, it's one of them. Most of the time I was watching, I actually felt a Stargate vibe. My attention drifted off somewhere between their going out to explore that ship and their being attacked by the drones, but to be fair that was only partly its fault: I was busy with other things.

There actually felt like there was team dynamics, perhaps because it mostly focused on the bridge crew now instead of random faceless people scattered across a dark ship. The bridge is actually properly lit (though the rest of Destiny's light bulbs remain woefully 25 watt and take that as any meaning you'd like.) There were jabs and sarcasm and snarking going on, but not a lot of back biting and drama. I especially enjoyed the parts before they found the junkyard, and what I actually saw of the exploring of the other ship.

Rush seemed competently written this episode: my father actually commented that Rush might be taking his favorite character slot if he continues down his path. He was competent, and definitely held the air of Captain or XO, rather than 'that annoying scientist guy that takes things too seriously'. He actually reached out to Eli, which made sense given their positions and the fact that he should know what Eli's meant to be going through far better than even Eli does, having lost both his wife and Perry.

I found it a bit sad--not the way they meant it to be--that when they talked about Riley I honestly just don't really remember him before the shuttle episode in which he dies.

I think I could get to like the character of Brody if he stays compentent and moderately snarky without ending up an outright ass. The exchange of "Don't touch anything--wow what did I just say?" was amusing.

Eli, also, had a few moments with his talk with Wray that I liked. His little speech about the things he's gone through, and his call back to video gaming (Halo \o) worked fairly well, though I still don't buy the Ginn storyline at all.

Whatshisname who plays LA Bounty Hunters' scene with TJ was decent, too. Not anything to write home about, but not mind-numbingly bad.

I was actually a bit confused and then amused--in a good way--when the Seeder Ship arrived and Telford returned in the battle, but...unfortunately, it's about then that the episode starts to fall apart.

Ironically, it's the plot where the episode fails. It just doesn't really make sense to me. There's a random drone army aka Replicators that the Browns (Elogin?) woke up and started a war with, and they want Destiny the Rustbucket to fight it for them. This would make sense if they had the Odyssey or something that could take them on...but they don't. In fact one tiny little group of the ships nearly destroyed them so why was anyone under the impression the command ship could be taken down by them?

Why are the Blues apparently in this galaxy? How common, really, is it to have aliens that cross galaxies, anyway? There's been all of four races to do this in 15 years of Stargate before this: Asgard, Ancients, Ori, and under rare circumstances Wraith (humans abducted Asgard/Ancient tech so don't count, and the Replicators did it only once. Twice, maybe, in the past). Three of those four were 'legendary races', so what's with this random fish race that can't even be bothered with a universal translator being able to do it, too?

And the final Chloe plot was just...bad. Once again we set up a cliff-hanger that isn't a cliff-hanger at all. Destiny won't blow up, people won't die, and 90% certain Chloe only helped the ship. It's not any more suspenseful than leaving Rush on that planet with a ready space ship. That sort of cliffhanger just...doesn't work. There are certain things you need to leave that you know will take that whole next episode to solve, not five minutes, because it'll take that five minutes to come up with an answer.

Naturally, besides the plot, any scene with Chloe in it was boring, but we spent the time speculating about what powers she'd keep when they de-fished her, and how much she would be like Teal'c/Ronon/Teyla by the end.

Anyway, I think that about covers the whole episode. I definitely enjoyed it, and if the show continues like this, I might actually have hope for it to drag itself out of hell.

Yusagi

GateFans Noob
Greer lost several points when he said it was 'too quite' yes Greer being in a vacuum tends to remove all sense of sound because there is a distinct lack of air for sound waves to vibrate.

Oh yes, I remember that now. We laughed at him and were like "...It's a vacuum." I'd like to think it was intentional, but given the snark in the episode, I'd think it'd have been commented on. (Unless it WAS and I'm forgetting because it's that part that I faded out on for a bit)

just a shame the enemy ships neglect the knowledge of Stars being super hot and they exploded, I swear these must be like lemmings in space or something (no comment on that game either).

They called them 'drones', I assumed they had very little AI.

Three other notes.

Where did the Seeder Ship go in the battle, exactly? It just seemed to disappear.

It amused me when they had the...was it Volker or Brody who gave the monologue about every alien species they encountered being hostile? But it didn't quite work because in Stargate canon they've met plenty of friendly or neutral aliens, and while quite a few were actually humanoid, it's speciesist to assume they were only friendly because they were human-shaped.

I know that Rush was basically a giant jerk suggesting they backstab the Browns...even though they just did it to Destiny instead, but I can forgive that, because it's jerkwaddiness that is acceptable for Stargate levels. Like Jack's annoying insistence on failing to uphold any promises to anything mechanical ever.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Oh yes, I remember that now. We laughed at him and were like "...It's a vacuum." I'd like to think it was intentional, but given the snark in the episode, I'd think it'd have been commented on. (Unless it WAS and I'm forgetting because it's that part that I faded out on for a bit)

Maybe it was a snarky comment from Greer, however we get no eye roll or comment from Brody, we also hear Greer's weapon being cocked/chambered, along with their foot steps and them opening the door. Before you say it, action scenes are different, you need to hear sound of the weapons fire or impacts, it adds to the excitement and tension of the battle. However the polar opposite is true when people do EVA's, by removing sound completely it increases the tension. It is a subjective matter I know.

They called them 'drones', I assumed they had very little AI.

That is like saying, you program a UAV, but neglect the information of wind effects or air speed resistance. Any AI in space would have to be aware of gravity wells especially small strike craft like those in case they get trapped.

Yusagi

GateFans Noob
we also hear Greer's weapon being cocked/chambered, along with their foot steps and them opening the door. Before you say it, action scenes are different, you need to hear sound of the weapons fire or impacts, it adds to the excitement and tension of the battle. However the polar opposite is true when people do EVA's, by removing sound completely it increases the tension.

This is probably giving them way too much credit toward their self awareness, I know, but I could see why they might worry that the scene was slow and uneventful enough that they worried complete silence except for the radios would turn the audience off.

That is like saying, you program a UAV, but neglect the information of wind effects or air speed resistance. Any AI in space would have to be aware of gravity wells especially small strike craft like those in case they get trapped.

Theoretically, but Stargate 'drone' like things have a history of lacking much of a self-preservation instinct, so I'm willing to suspend disbelief and go with it, since it wasn't a huge thing anyway. They could have hid out in the sun until the drones just broke away anyway, so burning them up in the sun was alright with me.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did we all watch the same episode???

Yo! What's up with some of you peeps? It's like we watched two different shows the way some of you are going on about how good this episode was. I won't mention any names but some of you said things like how this was an "action" episode when the majority of it was spent on dialogue and psychoanalysis. We get a staff meeting to start and the only thing missing was a box of donuts in the background. Then we get Eli being mopey. Then we get Scott and Chloe talking...and talking...and Eli and Chloe talking...and talking... Then we get an "away mission" to a dead ship, which we see very, very, VERY little of.

They spent an inordinate amount of time having Greer, Scott and Brody walking over to the dead ship, then minutes of Greer and Brody walking down two dark hallways, all with ZERO payoff because they are called back to Destiny. The "action" some of you claim is so prevalent in this episode involves Greer and Brody "running" back down the two dark hallways and slowly getting into their seats on the shuttle. This literally ate up several minutes of screen time and can't legitimately be considered "action". If you consider that "action" then you also have to consider watching people board a plane to be "action". Amazing, just amazing that you peeps be so starved for action from this stinking turkey that you now consider walking down hallways and buckling into a seat to be "action". Shit, there's more action on "Dancing With the Has-been Stars" than on SGU.

And I like LDP but he's being horribly used in the show. His whole "I've got a story to tell you!" thing was just lame. Nothing worse than being TOLD information and not shown. I know they had time constraints but they didn't need all those psychoanalysis scenes or hall walking scenes so they should have used that time to flesh out what happened to Telford. That was poor, cheap writing and producing. SHOW ME DON'T TELL ME! Fuck! How all of you missed that is just amazing to me. Hell, I could have watched that episode in a coma and I would have noticed how lame that shit was. Yall be letting a brutha down with your lack of discernment here. Shit. That's just weak sauce coming from a group of people that should know better.

Here's what I think the problem with some of you peeps is, you've been starved for action from SGU for so long that now you immediately magnify what little action there is in the show. Sure there were some cool scenes in the last third of the episode but that hardly qualifies statements like: "Most of the episode was about and centered around the action". Um, no mah brutha, it wasn't. You seem to forget the numerous Eli the Depressed Emo Boy scenes in this episode where he listens to music, has people talk at him, mumbles some stuff and/or scowls and stalks off. Oh yeah, he also over sleeps. Also, you seem to forget the action-less TJ/LA guy scene. You seem to forget the action-less Scott/Chloe jail cell scene. And let's not forget the multiple scenes where Eli talks to Chloe. Even when Chloe breaks out of "jail" it's hardly action filled as scenes go.

Action filled episode puh-leez!. There's more action in a Justin Bieber video, not to mention that the lighting is better. Oh yeah, and as cliff hangers go it hardly left me hanging and was forgettable. If anyone thinks that this episode was a good cliff hanger then they should go over to one of the fan boy forums and get their stroke on or go over to Joe Mallozzi's crib and clean his house in between wiping his ass and stroking his ego. Shit, having coffee with mutha fucken Wray is now considered "action" around these parts. WTF is this forum coming to? Bet a buncha you peeps believe Santa Claus be bringing you presents in a few weeks too. Deck the halls and fa la la and all that bullshit. Mutha fucken Tooth Fairly be real too! "Action episode", shit, that's just weak sauce.

WURD!!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yo! What's up with some of you peeps? It's like we watched two different shows the way some of you are going on about how good this episode was. I won't mention any names but some of you said things like how this was an "action" episode when the majority of it was spent on dialogue and psychoanalysis. We get a staff meeting to start and the only thing missing was a box of donuts in the background. Then we get Eli being mopey. Then we get Scott and Chloe talking...and talking...and Eli and Chloe talking...and talking... Then we get an "away mission" to a dead ship, which we see very, very, VERY little of.

They spent an inordinate amount of time having Greer, Scott and Brody walking over to the dead ship, then minutes of Greer and Brody walking down two dark hallways, all with ZERO payoff because they are called back to Destiny. The "action" some of you claim is so prevalent in this episode involves Greer and Brody "running" back down the two dark hallways and slowly getting into their seats on the shuttle. This literally ate up several minutes of screen time and can't legitimately be considered "action". If you consider that "action" then you also have to consider watching people board a plane to be "action". Amazing, just amazing that you peeps be so starved for action from this stinking turkey that you now consider walking down hallways and buckling into a seat to be "action". Shit, there's more action on "Dancing With the Has-been Stars" than on SGU.

And I like LDP but he's being horribly used in the show. His whole "I've got a story to tell you!" thing was just lame. Nothing worse than being TOLD information and not shown. I know they had time constraints but they didn't need all those psychoanalysis scenes or hall walking scenes so they should have used that time to flesh out what happened to Telford. That was poor, cheap writing and producing. SHOW ME DON'T TELL ME! Fuck! How all of you missed that is just amazing to me. Hell, I could have watched that episode in a coma and I would have noticed how lame that shit was. Yall be letting a brutha down with your lack of discernment here. Shit. That's just weak sauce coming from a group of people that should know better.

Here's what I think the problem with some of you peeps is, you've been starved for action from SGU for so long that now you immediately magnify what little action there is in the show. Sure there were some cool scenes in the last third of the episode but that hardly qualifies statements like: "Most of the episode was about and centered around the action". Um, no mah brutha, it wasn't. You seem to forget the numerous Eli the Depressed Emo Boy scenes in this episode where he listens to music, has people talk at him, mumbles some stuff and/or scowls and stalks off. Oh yeah, he also over sleeps. Also, you seem to forget the action-less TJ/LA guy scene. You seem to forget the action-less Scott/Chloe jail cell scene. And let's not forget the multiple scenes where Eli talks to Chloe. Even when Chloe breaks out of "jail" it's hardly action filled as scenes go.

Action filled episode puh-leez!. There's more action in a Justin Bieber video, not to mention that the lighting is better. Oh yeah, and as cliff hangers go it hardly left me hanging and was forgettable. If anyone thinks that this episode was a good cliff hanger then they should go over to one of the fan boy forums and get their stroke on or go over to Joe Mallozzi's crib and clean his house in between wiping his ass and stroking his ego. Shit, having coffee with mutha fucken Wray is now considered "action" around these parts. WTF is this forum coming to? Bet a buncha you peeps believe Santa Claus be bringing you presents in a few weeks too. Deck the halls and fa la la and all that bullshit. Mutha fucken Tooth Fairly be real too! "Action episode", shit, that's just weak sauce.

WURD!!!
:laughing:

psyphi

GateFans Noob

WURD!!!

amen. There was so much drama and so little shooting and when there was shooting it was mostly just like playing a video game with the crew having very little to do with it. none of it was amazing and the whole sun thing was bullshit. Nobody else could have thought to fly through the sun or into it? They had no way out and suddenly Telford jumps in and goes "follow me" and the faith aliens give them a sun to use. I also don't get why they are fighting the drones in the first place, they should have left the galaxy since the ship is just sitting there waiting for idiots to wander by.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
so basically it only has action in comparison to itself? too freakin' funny!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
so basically it only has action in comparison to itself? too freakin' funny!

Exactly. And it's not like a show has to have non-stop action without any drama, but the drama needs to dovetail into the action and be sensible, ya dig? Having Eli the Emo mope around pretending to be distraught over the loss of Ginn did absolutely nothing to further the action, or the plot (whatever that is) of the episode. In fact, the only character whose appearance fed into the action later in the episode was Telford, but sadly the writers didn't spend ANY time showing his interaction with the aliens or developing much reason for the actions they were taking. He TELLS us that they shoved him into a pod where he got to watch "images" in his mind and also that that's how he ate. Um...okay...boring. Might help if they showed him undergoing some of those things and also explained in more detail why the aliens were fighting the drones to begin with.

So, if this episode upticks in ratings I'll lose all faith in the intellectual capabilities of my fellow peeps. Action episode, shit. Peeps be idiots if they be thinking the unexplained and out of context "action" of this episode made it worthy of a good review.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

WURD!!!

Mmmmmm-hmmmmm!

View attachment 2294

You go, girl.

View attachment 2295

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
What I liked:
-The crew isn't devolving back into backstabbing assholes. If the writers keep this up, the characters might actually be compelling.
-The banter is good. If only they could come up with plots of the same quality.
-Fairly nice action.
-The score for this episode really helps keep things from getting too dull.
-Telford is back! A shame he'll be dead or written off soon.
-Ship porn!

What I didn't like:
-Chloe. All her stuff seems so fucking pointless. She's gone from useless to walking deus ex machina and her personality is still as non-existent as it always has been.
-Not really getting anything out of the trip to the Ursini ship. Can they please manage to salvage something whenever they board an abandoned alien ship next time?
-The Ursini double cross. They should've waited a while for Destiny to get fixed up since they have the ultimate upper hand: the ability to get these people home. Plus a fixed Destiny is more likely to get the job done.
-Eli's emoness. This probably has more to do with how rushed the Eli/Ginn romance was, but I found it a bit too unbelievable.

Stuff I'm on the fence about:
-These new bad guys. Why did they set up a fuckton of drones in space for? Are we gonna learn anything about them beyond them being bad? (Based on a spoiler pic I've obtained, possibly)
-TJ/Varro. I kinda like this, but the writers need to do a better job of developing it. They do these little scenes here and there, but it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere right now. This would be a far more compelling relationship than Scott/Chloe, where both characters could be jettisoned and nothing of value would be lost.
-The seed ship's arrival. A bit of a "the fuck is going on" moment for me, but overall it worked. I'm bugged by the fact that it is unarmed though.

The show is improving, no doubt about that, but not fast enough to save it. I think it might get a season 3, but I'm betting most of the writing staff will be cut if it does (hopefully Mallozzi will be on of the first on the chopping blaock in that case). The only reason I think SGU could get a season 3 is MGM's desperation for money and SyFy needing a show to maintain its facade of being scifi based channel with serious shows until Blood and Chrome comes on the air.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
What I liked:
-The crew isn't devolving back into backstabbing assholes. If the writers keep this up, the characters might actually be compelling.
-The banter is good. If only they could come up with plots of the same quality.
-Fairly nice action.
-The score for this episode really helps keep things from getting too dull.
-Telford is back! A shame he'll be dead or written off soon.
-Ship porn!

What I didn't like:
-Chloe. All her stuff seems so fucking pointless. She's gone from useless to walking deus ex machina and her personality is still as non-existent as it always has been.
-Not really getting anything out of the trip to the Ursini ship. Can they please manage to salvage something whenever they board an abandoned alien ship next time?
-The Ursini double cross. They should've waited a while for Destiny to get fixed up since they have the ultimate upper hand: the ability to get these people home. Plus a fixed Destiny is more likely to get the job done.
-Eli's emoness. This probably has more to do with how rushed the Eli/Ginn romance was, but I found it a bit too unbelievable.

Stuff I'm on the fence about:
-These new bad guys. Why did they set up a fuckton of drones in space for? Are we gonna learn anything about them beyond them being bad? (Based on a spoiler pic I've obtained, possibly)
-TJ/Varro. I kinda like this, but the writers need to do a better job of developing it. They do these little scenes here and there, but it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere right now. This would be a far more compelling relationship than Scott/Chloe, where both characters could be jettisoned and nothing of value would be lost.
-The seed ship's arrival. A bit of a "the fuck is going on" moment for me, but overall it worked. I'm bugged by the fact that it is unarmed though.

The show is improving, no doubt about that, but not fast enough to save it. I think it might get a season 3, but I'm betting most of the writing staff will be cut if it does (hopefully Mallozzi will be on of the first on the chopping blaock in that case). The only reason I think SGU could get a season 3 is MGM's desperation for money and SyFy needing a show to maintain its facade of being scifi based channel with serious shows until Blood and Chrome comes on the air.

So TJ is totaly over the loss of her baby then? if shes considering rubbing her junk with someone else already? im not sure how much time passes between each episode but losing a child messes you up big style for quite a while and the thought of sex - not happenin.

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
So TJ is totaly over the loss of her baby then? if shes considering rubbing her junk with someone else already? im not sure how much time passes between each episode but losing a child messes you up big style for quite a while and the thought of sex - not happenin.
She's not over the baby, especially since the last episode proved that it was the ship messing with her, but not all relationships jump from getting to know each other to sex, which is one area that the TJ/Varro relationship gets right. My issue with this relationship is that if the writers want us to take this relationship seriously, they need to show the characters interacting a lot more and have a few more payoffs to their interactions. Nothing big, maybe a hug here or there, stuff like that. Right now it just seems like they stick TJ/Varro scenes randomly into episodes to remind us they have a thing for each other and don't do anything with it really.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

As much as I hate the baby drama mama bullshit I have to say I can't blame TJ for turning to Varro what with the way Young has been such a cold fuck to her. Their baby dies but he has zero emotion over it, nice, real nice. He's a keeper. The only reason I can think of for the writers making Young such an emotionless twit when it comes to TJ is that they want to write some boring, looooooong dramatic scene in the future where he gets to cry and express how hurt he is and that he has feelings too and blah blah mutha fucken blah! Varro needs to get with TJ, knock the bottom out of her and put a smile on her face, then shove Young out an airlock and take command of the ship. If that would happen the show might actually be worth watching, yo!

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
She's not over the baby, especially since the last episode proved that it was the ship messing with her, but not all relationships jump from getting to know each other to sex, which is one area that the TJ/Varro relationship gets right. My issue with this relationship is that if the writers want us to take this relationship seriously, they need to show the characters interacting a lot more and have a few more payoffs to their interactions. Nothing big, maybe a hug here or there, stuff like that. Right now it just seems like they stick TJ/Varro scenes randomly into episodes to remind us they have a thing for each other and don't do anything with it really.

With these writters that was where my mind had gone. Its weird sometimes these reviews sound interesting, then poof back to square 1 again (for me at least) carefull or you will get mckeller!

mikeb

GateFans Noob
$50 bucks says Chloe fixed the FTL drive.

Had this been the mid-season episode of season 1, I think the show would be in better shape. With a few basic changes, I think we could've had this episode a season ago.

:)