General Discussion & Recap/Review Thread: SGU Episode 04 - "Pathogen"

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Torrents are self-contained files you can watch and delete when done. We dont allow links to the torrents, but I still prefer them over watching on Hulu or elsewhere online where they can still have commercials (I have an extreme aversion to all advertising!). Torrents are usually 100% commercial free.

PS: I answered your PM.

you and me both on the adversion to commercials. you probably remember the old arguments about Cable tv..."when you pay for it you won't have to have commercials"-- bullshit I pay for cable and still have commercials. PR people lie it's what they do! :P so I ffwd or mute every commercial out there. :P

I've got to mention something that really struck me when I saw it in this episode. There's an exterior shot of Destiny right before the scene with Chloe and Scott in bed together. It actually leads into that scene. The camera moves in on this particular part of Destiny and you can clearly see some large guns -- weapons -- on the hull of the ship. And here's what struck me about that moment: They show these powerful guns that can be used during an action sequence but then go directly into a teen angst 'Do-you-think-we'd-be-together-if-we-weren't-stuck-on-this-ship?' scene with the two teenagers. ("I love you more." "No, I love you more! Hee hee.")

No I didn't expect the guns to start blazing away in that moment (other than Scott's "love gun" that is -- ick!) but rather, I'm talking about the contrast that was made between those two scenes. All I could think of when I saw those weapons on the hull of Destiny was that that was exactly what was missing in this show, what those guns represent -- action. And no, not mindless action/violence, but rather plot progressive action. I don't know if the writers were going for a visual contrast there but if they were they only succeeded in pointing out the biggest flaw with this show. It amazes me that they still can't see that the manufactured, slow pace drama is killing this show.

that puts the "really awesum" scifi into this show ...:rolleyes: it's sooooo deep, so real, so gritty...I know kids like this in my high school! *giggle* Makes me wanna hurl! :puke:

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
What I liked:
-Robert Carlyle's directing. For once in this damn show, someone understands how to properly use lighting when filming this shit. Most of the Destiny scenes were brighter than usual and managed to keep me focused on what was happening onscreen, unlike most episodes where I browse 4chan until Rush shows up.

I hope you don't take this as an insult but I would disagree with you here. I thought the lighting in the episode was bad as ever, if not worse. I noticed in the scene with Rush, TJ, Young and Scott when they were talking about Chloe's diary that they were literally standing in darkness. There was some jaundiced background light coming from some recessed can lamps but that was about it. Rush is literally covered in shadow in that scene. Re-watch it to see what I mean.

I also found it odd that they were only using flashlights during the search for Chloe when it seems like they would need to use them 24/7 just to find the bathroom, at least in this episode. Seriously, the darkness in this episode really struck me as being too much and I'm not seeing where you found the lighting on Destiny to be improved. The Scott/Chloe bed scenes were dark. The chaperone Chloe scenes were dark (dark staircase, dark hallways). Every scene was dark and/or dim at best. The "brightest" scene at all was Eli's mom on the observation deck and even that wasn't that bright. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing it.

-No pop music montage. Yes, SGU producers, it's good to actually have the composer you pay make music for your show. It's one of the few consistently good things that this show has.

Yes, no music montage, finally, thank God!

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
I hope you don't take this as an insult but I would disagree with you here. I thought the lighting in the episode was bad as ever, if not worse. I noticed in the scene with Rush, TJ, Young and Scott when they were talking about Chloe's diary that they were literally standing in darkness. There was some jaundiced background light coming from some recessed can lamps but that was about it. Rush is literally covered in shadow in that scene. Re-watch it to see what I mean.
Well, I am watching it on a laptop monitor that's about a foot away and is pretty bright when running on AC power, so that might be it.

Yes, no music montage, finally, thank God!
They didn't have one in Aftermath either, just Riley talking over the usual montage fodder.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Well, I am watching it on a laptop monitor that's about a foot away and is pretty bright when running on AC power, so that might be it.

I'm watching it on a 47" LCD with pretty good resolution. I've actually tried to improve the lighting on SGU, the contrast, etc, and nothing seems to help.

They didn't have one in Aftermath either, just Riley talking over the usual montage fodder.

Meh, I had tuned out by that point in "Aftermath" because it was so boring. If I remember correctly I turned on a cooking show, which was infinitely more interesting and had more action, go figure.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
I must say that I did like the scene where Eli's mom gets to go to the Destiny and shes in the observation room and sees all those planets.

It was a heartwarming scene this show needs alot more of.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Pathogen rocked! Sure, this may just be the booze talking, but I watched it before I got hammered dammit! Anyway, I don't care if you don't like SGU, I love you all!!! Group hug!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Hey people, sorry for my lack of review. The internet on camp has very poor bandwidth so video streaming is nigh impossible. I will have a full review hopefully by friday night after pillaging my Dad's internet connection.

Nimocon

GateFans Noob
Necessary episode, but slow paced.

Ill come right out and say im a fan of this series.

That said, the music montage at the end of last weeks episode was uncomfortable to watch lol....it was unnecessary to begin with, and it was too long...it felt like grey's anatomy after someones heart got broken, I would have rather had a scene with rush on the bridge flipping some switches.

I also think the writers need to have more "focus". By that i mean there are always too many subplots, and side stories going on every episode, which never seem to become resolved. In honesty i think they do this because it "buys them time" to come up with solid material. Its easier to leave things unanswered and delayed perpetually than have to come up with solid creative material that resolves the story line.

This episode was kind of a necessary evil, slow but at least we got SOME answers. Chloe definately is being affected genetically by an alien force. The LA actually is TRYING to help, not sabotage with the exciption of the one douchebag.

While it was a completely unexplained turnaround for Young's stance on the LA compared to previous episodes, (it was just too random how he all of a sudden agrees, yeah we cant keep em locked up foreve) The writers simply had to let the LA out for the potential to cause future conflicts and for TJ to get it on with Varro. Once young finds that out the shit gonna hit the fan lol.

They had to bring Chloe's condition to the forefront for 2 reasons... Rush needed a scapegoat to cover up his behavior and someone needed to sit in the chair so we can get some real answers.

The rest of the show including the stones was just filler.....but they could have at least touched on the loss/sacrifice telford made for them all. How quickly that was forgotten lol, it is like what was the point of even having him in the series?

But we know he'll be back somehow.

If Rush can get off a planet stranded by himself, telford and his new alien buddies...which I am sure will become an alliance with humans against the evil blue aliens... can make it back to destiny just fine.

My prediction:

Rush is trying to discover if destiny can time travel to go back and be with his wife, and perhaps he already knows it can because he has been visited by his future self, perhaps when the colonel left him on the planet. What else would the rest of the universe want destiny so bad.

Time travel is the ultimate power in any universe.

Also, not be a dick....

but i think most of you need to give this forum up and get real...you know you are going to watch every episode...and if the show really sucked so bad you wouldn't be here and this forum wouldn't exist.... all of you would simply not watch a crappy show to begin with and would have moved on by now, forgetting it. SGU wouldnt register on your radar, and you wouldnt put in the effort. It would be like flipping the channel when a commercial comes on.

Yes it could be better, yes its a departure for long time fans..but to me at least the military element at least feels more like the original movie, not some sort of half comedy/indiana jones/star trek/macguyver hybrid.

You all wanna see what happens just like i do, and i think you all know as of now this is the best sci fi series running at the moment...deal with it....if SGU gets cancelled, then what are we gonna watch?

I will be watching this till the new sparticus comes out, by then i predict the writers are going to eff it up or run out of steam. SGU has at most 3 seasons...Battlestar galactica was much better, had better characters (Adama blows young out of the water) and also a better storyline that was clearly defined... and it only lasted 4 seasons... this could very well be the final SGU season unless the writers kick it up into high gear starting next episode, its at the turning point as of right now..they need to make something happen we all care about, no more filler or the execs gonna be forced to pull the plug.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Hi Nimocon, welcome. I agree that the writers definitely need more "focus."

In honesty i think they do this because it "buys them time" to come up with solid material. Its easier to leave things unanswered and delayed perpetually than have to come up with solid creative material that resolves the story line.

Maybe someone has the link to this, but didn't Joe Mallozzi say at one point that SGU was originally conceived of as a 2hr movie? And that later they got the idea to expand it to a series? I feel like they are trying to stretch out material fit for a 2hr movie over several seasons instead of coming up with new creative material to fill things in. So, pretty much 95% (or more) of the show is filler. They really should have more clear arcs for each season, instead of this snail's paced crawl to the eventual "reveal" of Destiny's mission.

Also, not be a dick....

but i think most of you need to give this forum up and get real...you know you are going to watch every episode...and if the show really sucked so bad you wouldn't be here and this forum wouldn't exist.... all of you would simply not watch a crappy show to begin with and would have moved on by now, forgetting it. SGU wouldnt register on your radar, and you wouldnt put in the effort. It would be like flipping the channel when a commercial comes on.

Wow. Okay, first off, I don't watch every episode. Many members here gave up watching long ago, so no. I watched season one up to Earth, where I finally gave up hope the show would get any better. Then I only tuned back in for Intervention and the first three episodes of season 2 for the sole reason eye candy Mike Dupod appears in the episodes. The show is still as sucky as ever, imo, and I fast forwarded through many of the parts he wasn't in :) And trust me, I won't be watching any episodes after Dupod is off the show, assuming SGU is still on the air by then and not pulled mid-season due to craptastic ratings.

Secondly, if you've read any of the threads on here about TPTB, you'd know why that above statement in bold is completely incorrect. If the show had sucked as much as it does and TPTB had not acted like arrogant, ungrateful, unprofessional assholes towards the longtime franchise fans, then yes, I (and many others) would have just changed the channel and forgotten about SGU. But the disgraceful conduct of TPTB, most significantly Brad Wright and Joe Mallozzi, have made this a very personal issue for many, to the point lots of us want SGU to fail. Happily, we are getting our wish. Sub-million ratings for Pathogen, oooooh yeah! Karma's a bitch.

You all wanna see what happens just like i do, and i think you all know as of now this is the best sci fi series running at the moment...deal with it....if SGU gets cancelled, then what are we gonna watch?

Dude, are you for real? :rotflmao: I don't give a shit what happens on SGU. I have no interest in finding out whatever "mission" Destiny has, LOL. The best sci fi series running at the moment? :laughing: And I hate to break it to you, but it's not if, it's WHEN. To answer your question, WHEN this turd gets cancelled, I'll be happily watching V, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13, and Eureka. And I'll be exited to see the replacement shows like Orion and Sherwood.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WELCOME!

Ill come right out and say im a fan of this series.

That said, the music montage at the end of last weeks episode was uncomfortable to watch lol....it was unnecessary to begin with, and it was too long...it felt like grey's anatomy after someones heart got broken, I would have rather had a scene with rush on the bridge flipping some switches.

I also think the writers need to have more "focus". By that i mean there are always too many subplots, and side stories going on every episode, which never seem to become resolved. In honesty i think they do this because it "buys them time" to come up with solid material. Its easier to leave things unanswered and delayed perpetually than have to come up with solid creative material that resolves the story line.

Agreed! After saying all that, HOW can you be a fan of this show? Whats left if the stories are lacking, the montages are cheesy, and there are unanswered questions in the plot? Thats like saying you got a bad piece of chicken, but the bones were nice.

This episode was kind of a necessary evil, slow but at least we got SOME answers. Chloe definately is being affected genetically by an alien force. The LA actually is TRYING to help, not sabotage with the exciption of the one douchebag.

While it was a completely unexplained turnaround for Young's stance on the LA compared to previous episodes, (it was just too random how he all of a sudden agrees, yeah we cant keep em locked up foreve) The writers simply had to let the LA out for the potential to cause future conflicts and for TJ to get it on with Varro. Once young finds that out the shit gonna hit the fan lol.
They should not have aired this episode AT ALL. It used those communications stones, and that alone was enough to kill it. Communications Stones = Low Ratings. SG-1/SGA cameos = Low Ratings. Emo drama instead of action/adventure = Failure. If I dont like Chloe, why should I care if she is turning into an alien? And if I dont have love for the Lucian Alliance, why should I care why/how/when they got onto this ship? TJ kicked off this season by chillin out on the Faith planet with angel-aliens who live in log cabins, and blah blah about being in a better place. Okaaaaay. :facepalm:

They had to bring Chloe's condition to the forefront for 2 reasons... Rush needed a scapegoat to cover up his behavior and someone needed to sit in the chair so we can get some real answers.
But Chloe sitting in that chair answered NOTHING. Did we miss something there? Did she start channeling the fish aliens or spewing jibberish in Ancient? She just passed out. What answers? :roll:

The rest of the show including the stones was just filler.....but they could have at least touched on the loss/sacrifice telford made for them all. How quickly that was forgotten lol, it is like what was the point of even having him in the series?

But we know he'll be back somehow.

If Rush can get off a planet stranded by himself, telford and his new alien buddies...which I am sure will become an alliance with humans against the evil blue aliens... can make it back to destiny just fine.

My prediction:

Rush is trying to discover if destiny can time travel to go back and be with his wife, and perhaps he already knows it can because he has been visited by his future self, perhaps when the colonel left him on the planet. What else would the rest of the universe want destiny so bad.
Okay, but I simply DONT CARE what happens to any of these characters or the ship. So all of that is just pointless in my opinion.

Time travel is the ultimate power in any universe.
The sad thing is that time travel is most likely NOT POSSIBLE (scientifically speaking). Einstein used a constant to calculate lightspeed, and even he himself said that was done for convenience. You cant balance the equation E=MC(squared) with C (lightspeed constant) as a variable. Modern science is showing that Einsteinian physics is flawed on many levels because of the use of a lightspeed "constant". Lightspeed is NOT constant. If you know anything about physics (especially quantum mechanics), then you know that there is no such thing as a "constant" in this universe. NOTHING is constant. But its this constant which allows for the odd predicted effects of time dilation, time travel, and the lightspeed barrier with increasing mass. But this is relatively new (in the last decade).

LMAO! :rotflmao:Dude, YOU need to get real. You need to give up your delusions that this show was EVER good, you need to wake up and smell the ratings and look at the show over the past year. You need to realize that you are in a very very small minority of fringe viewers who happen to like a soap opera in space. We represent the majority of the Stargate fanbase, not you and the little tiny group of SGU fans. And I mean TINY! The show is crappy, no doubt about it. The ratings agree. But TPTB wouldnt just let us walk away, they had to heckle us whist we were walking out the door. Mallozzi and Wright did the equivalent of spitting in our faces. THAT is why this site exists, as well as the fact that Gateworld has become Club SGU, to the detriment of loyal SG-1 and SGA fans.

Yes it could be better, yes its a departure for long time fans..but to me at least the military element at least feels more like the original movie, not some sort of half comedy/indiana jones/star trek/macguyver hybrid.
Just LOL! That statement is just so preposterous that I dont even want to go there. :laughing:

I really DO want to see whats gonna happen, you are correct! I want to see if it is canceled mid-season, or if it will be canceled at the end of the season, or if it will be canceled abruptly. Keyword: Cancellation. What I am going to see happen is this show being canceled. As far as "what are we gonna watch"? I suppose we could just continue watching those shows we discuss on these forums that we are watching (you werent a lurker first, evidently). For me, that would be:

1. V
  2. Sanctuary
  3. Warehouse 13
  4. NCIS:LA
  5. DVDs for SG-1 and Atlantis and the two movies
  6. Science fiction B movies
  7. Paint drying
  8. Grass growing
All of those choices are better than watching Stargate Universe. Once its gone, us fans will find a way to wipe it from canon completely.

I will be watching this till the new sparticus comes out, by then i predict the writers are going to eff it up or run out of steam. SGU has at most 3 seasons...Battlestar galactica was much better, had better characters (Adama blows young out of the water) and also a better storyline that was clearly defined... and it only lasted 4 seasons... this could very well be the final SGU season unless the writers kick it up into high gear starting next episode, its at the turning point as of right now..they need to make something happen we all care about, no more filler or the execs gonna be forced to pull the plug.
You dont have to guess whats coming. Thats a common fault of you SGU fans...you dont investigate, you dont ask questions, and you dont even care. Read the synopses for the upcoming episodes here:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate_Universe:_Season_Two

Reading those tells you clearly that the writers did NOT "kick up into high gear" for next episode, or any episodes after that. For the next episode, it says this:

While investigating a planet with his team, Lt. Scott is infected by an alien organism that affects both his mind and body.

While exploring a new planet, Lt. Scott encounters an aggressive plant-like creature :roll: that attacks and infects him. Unable to risk bringing an alien contagion back to Destiny, Tamara searches for a way to stop the alien infection from spreading. Scott meanwhile, drifts in and out of consciousness, hallucinating an ideal life back home on earth. :facepalm: As the infection spreads dire reality begins to seep into his dream state. With the more alien organisms surrounding the gate and closing fast, time may well run out on Scott.
From that, I can easily see FAILURE. Why? Because the fans dont like Scott. Therefore, any drama/peril/adventure involving him is just so much nothing to pay attention to. So, we have an episode centering around Scott (who we dont like), and to top it off, we get more lame earth drama in the form of a dream state. Really? And since we can also see Scott in the cast lists for later episodes, any risk of his getting killed off is exactly NIL. So much for tension and suspense.

Why didnt YOU investigate what is coming up? I thought you were such a fan. I evidently know more about this show than you do, and you say you are a fan? How many copies of this show did you give as presents to friends and relatives? Are you registered at sgurocks.com? Are you a contributing poster on the SGU Awareness Thread at Gateworld?

Have you completely lost your mind?

Oh, and WELCOME to www.sgusucks.com!

:welcomewagon::sgusucks: :mallozzicry:

Nimocon

GateFans Noob
Agreed! After saying all that, HOW can you be a fan of this show?

cuz there on a cool spaceship with a stargate and i wanna see where they're going lol...plus I wanna see Rush go down in blaze of mad scientist glory....but please no more montages...ugh

as far as time travel not being possible, its gonna happen on this show. i bet any money thats what rush is trying to do everytime he screws up dropping out of hyperspace, he's looking for something, maybe power source to enable it. But mark my words...the writers are going to be forced to head there, it'll get implemented poorly and full of holes likely haha....they have already introduced the concept on that one episode where those little ground monsters killed them all.

Time displacement is possible in the SGU universe.

Rush is going to *try* and do it but maybe fail somehow, or find out that although designed to attempt time travel destiny cant do it cuz of some stupid defect or something. A couple of you mentionad warehouse 13, good show, good chemistry between main characters...but bad season 2 finale...i can sum it up in one sentence:

"omg pete were gonna die...high five!" HAHA

One last thing we *did* get some answers from the chair when chloe sat in it :

-there is now someone that has access to the full knowledge of the ship, its builders and can learn quickly without dying
-soon shes going to know everything about the ship, and what rush is up to, or perhaps does already
-rush needs her now
-chloe isnt human anymore, it isnt just an infection

BRING ON SPARTICUS SEASON 2

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

-there is now someone that has access to the full knowledge of the ship, its builders and can learn quickly without dying
-soon shes going to know everything about the ship, and what rush is up to, or perhaps does already
-rush needs her now

So, you got that they are ripping off yet another show, Angel, when Fred turned into Illiriya (hey look, she's even blue as well)

I guess that TPTB forgot that people besides them have watched/read sci-fi before Stargate existed ehh??
:D :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wha?

cuz there on a cool spaceship with a stargate and i wanna see where they're going lol...plus I wanna see Rush go down in blaze of mad scientist glory....but please no more montages...ugh

So, if I make a picture showing Destiny next to Atlantis (in space), you think that Destiny is cool in comparison? Even puddle jumpers are more interesting than Destiny. Daedalus is a cool ship. The Hammond is even cooler, since it has the Asgard core on it. How is the Destiny cool by any stretch? I just made this:

ships.png

as far as time travel not being possible, its gonna happen on this show. i bet any money thats what rush is trying to do everytime he screws up dropping out of hyperspace, he's looking for something, maybe power source to enable it. But mark my words...the writers are going to be forced to head there, it'll get implemented poorly and full of holes likely haha....they have already introduced the concept on that one episode where those little ground monsters killed them all.
Science fiction will use the time travel scenario less and less as time goes on. Most physicists do not believe that Einsteinian physics or Hawking's black hole calculations (which are based in Einsteinian physics) are accurate. The lightspeed "constant"...isnt. Just a few pieces of recommended reading:

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2010/05/20/brownian_particles_research/
http://www.superrelativity.org/html/MichelsonMorley_SR.html

I wouldnt even be going here if my minor in college hadnt been physics. But two of the long believed notions about space and energy are being toppled. 1) Space is NOT a total vacuum, and 2) The speed of light is NOT constant (and therefore all equations using the Einsteinian lightspeed constant must now replace the constant C with a variable). It nullifies the possibility of time travel, or increasing mass to infinity. It also changes the predicted behavior of event horizons in a singularity. Nevertheless, science fiction will continue to use it as a plot device and a deux ex machina, and thats okay with me :).

Yes, I know. :roll:. Its PROBABLE in SGU, as a matter of fact.

Rush is going to *try* and do it but maybe fail somehow, or find out that although designed to attempt time travel destiny cant do it cuz of some stupid defect or something. A couple of you mentionad warehouse 13, good show, good chemistry between main characters...but bad season 2 finale...i can sum it up in one sentence:

LOL! I agree. :icon_e_biggrin:

-rush needs her now

Did I miss something? From what I can see, she sat in the chair, the head thingy came down over her head, and she passed out. Rush is looking at his laptop, and says he thinks he cured her. Um, where did this "full knowledge of the ship" come from? And what is this about not dying and learning quickly? Is that in a kinosode? :icon_cool:

Oh, and you said this: chloe isnt human anymore, it isnt just an infection

:facepalm:

Didnt you mean to say: Chloe isnt whoring anymore, she is spreading infections?

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob

-rush needs her now

Bolded is the only thing i agree with as Spartacus - Blood and sand was/is a great show that actually handles Drama and outshines SGU in everyway even tho it may not be scifi.

to bad the lead actor was diagnosed with cancer and wont be returning tho.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
So, if I make a picture showing Destiny next to Atlantis (in space), you think that Destiny is cool in comparison? Even puddle jumpers are more interesting than Destiny. Daedalus is a cool ship. The Hammond is even cooler, since it has the Asgard core on it. How is the Destiny cool by any stretch? I just made this:

View attachment 1434

just to be pissy i have to comment on that pic :P

that aint the show model destiny its an early concept of her that imo looks 100000000 of times better then the one they finally settled with and currently use in show.

but imo atlatis = millions of times cooler then destiny.

also nice photoshopping there very inspiring pic (for a CG fanatic like me anyway :P)

Pharos

GateFans Noob
So... wait, Chloe now knows everything about the ship?

Sweet mother of Mary Sues!

I mean, seriously? In addition to all the other crazy stuff she has (super archeology and super healing and everyone loves her..ect) Kids in High School who write for fun know better than to make a character like that.

She's the Belle Swan of stargate!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You are right!

just to be pissy i have to comment on that pic :P

that aint the show model destiny its an early concept of her that imo looks 100000000 of times better then the one they finally settled with and currently use in show.

but imo atlatis = millions of times cooler then destiny.

also nice photoshopping there very inspiring pic (for a CG fanatic like me anyway :P)

It was the early concept model, and I snarked it from a site that had several early concept CGI models for SGU. But I wanted to find a pic of Atlantis flying level in normal space and couldnt find one (like in Adrift).

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
It was the early concept model, and I snarked it from a site that had several early concept CGI models for SGU. But I wanted to find a pic of Atlantis flying level in normal space and couldnt find one (like in Adrift).
indeed i know the site FXstation i believe which is jose A. perez' site he is the man behind the deadalus the 302 atlantis and destiny ;)

you know i could make one for you with my mesh but its clearly subpar to that of the show.
also something i just noticed that atlantis pic you used notice how the piers dont have any buildings on them? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I did indeed.

indeed i know the site FXstation i believe which is jose A. perez' site he is the man behind the deadalus the 302 atlantis and destiny ;)

you know i could make one for you with my mesh but its clearly subpar to that of the show.
also something i just noticed that atlantis pic you used notice how the piers dont have any buildings on them? :P

Both were concept models. But the angles were right and the colors were matched so they were easy to blend. I wanted this newbie to see them side by side and then tell me that Destiny is the cooler ship. I should have shrunk Destiny to match the (approximate) scale, but I really dont know what the scale is. People have asked on J Mozz's blog and he cant answer them. But now that we have "approximate" dimensions of the bridge and how large it is compared to the rest of the ship, it shouldnt be too hard to extrapolate the dimensions based on the exterior shots.