Your Season 6 Wish-List?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

1. Have Atlantis return to pegasus but have it be cut off from earth for a while. It would be cool to see it land in an unexplored part of the galaxy by accident, it would bring back the exploration element and maybe even force them to search round Atlantis itself for things that could help. Possibly even have the planet it lands on be a lot more alien looking and have a bunch of secrets of its own - this could be limited by the CGI budget though.

2. In line with the idea above I think the "team" element would be brought back. It would be an expedition into the unknown again, forcing Woolsey to assume total command of the crew as it wouldn't be as relaxed or laid back as before.

3. Less Keller, preferably she gets left behind on earth.

4. Better endings for Ford and Weir. I always thought it was awful of the writers to deal with main characters in such an uncaring way.

5. Finally deal with the wraith and the evil asgard. The former has been played out and the latter was unoriginal. New aliens and civilizations are needed to keep the show fresh.

Maybe it wouldn't even be possible to fit all these ideas in one season but theres a bunch of things I would have liked to see at some point.

The Evil Asgard were original in that they were 10,000 years removed cousins of the Ida Asgard & as such (although still being very much alive) were technologically less advanced but also sociologically "differently advanced" rather than "less advanced". The Pegasus Asgard were indeed very original - merely a variation on a theme.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
The Evil Asgard were original in that they were 10,000 years removed cousins of the Ida Asgard & as such (although still being very much alive) were technologically less advanced but also sociologically "differently advanced" rather than "less advanced". The Pegasus Asgard were indeed very original - merely a variation on a theme.

Meh, they were still asgard though. We knew their history as race and there was very little mystery surrounding them. Just my opinion on that though, I know a lot of people enjoyed that whole direction. Plus they did give us the best episode of Season 5 (First Contact) and they were pretty awesome in their suits.

Actually I reckon they could have been a better villain if they hadn't been revealed for a while - have some mystery as to who they are while retaining that sense of danger they posed while inside the suits.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Finally something we can agree on!

1. Have Atlantis return to pegasus but have it be cut off from earth for a while. It would be cool to see it land in an unexplored part of the galaxy by accident, it would bring back the exploration element and maybe even force them to search round Atlantis itself for things that could help. Possibly even have the planet it lands on be a lot more alien looking and have a bunch of secrets of its own - this could be limited by the CGI budget though.

2. In line with the idea above I think the "team" element would be brought back. It would be an expedition into the unknown again, forcing Woolsey to assume total command of the crew as it wouldn't be as relaxed or laid back as before.

3. Less Keller, preferably she gets left behind on earth.

4. Better endings for Ford and Weir. I always thought it was awful of the writers to deal with main characters in such an uncaring way.

5. Finally deal with the wraith and the evil asgard. The former has been played out and the latter was unoriginal. New aliens and civilizations are needed to keep the show fresh.

Maybe it wouldn't even be possible to fit all these ideas in one season but theres a bunch of things I would have liked to see at some point.

Okay, I won't bust your balls here Yoshi my friend so no worries there. You do make good suggestions, which I tend to agree with. Not sure why you couldn't be this specific in that "other thread", but that's not important right now.

Your idea #1 is good although I wouldn't worry that much about a CGI budget as I think they could swing it and still make a good production with new locations/aliens.

Your point #2 is good too. Yes, they need to have some good team dynamics that we can root for. Other than Keller I liked the structure of the team when SGA ended.

#3. Yes, leave Keller behind.

#4. Ford needs resolution for sure. I'd like to see more about Weir but I suspect they are done with that story line. Still, as tired as I am of the replicator crap I'd be interested in a Weir story I admit.

#5. I think if they got rid of the Wraith they should only do it by introducing an enemy that the Wraith fear because they are worse than the Wraith. You have to be careful in changing the antagonists as witnessed with SG1 going from the Go'auld to the Ori. I didn't mind the switch but some fans didn't care for it at all. So with SGA I wouldn't mind if they kept the Wraith but if they didn't I would hope the new enemy would be better.

Whew!

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
#4. Ford needs resolution for sure. I'd like to see more about Weir but I suspect they are done with that story line. Still, as tired as I am of the replicator crap I'd be interested in a Weir story I admit.

#5. I think if they got rid of the Wraith they should only do it by introducing an enemy that the Wraith fear because they are worse than the Wraith. You have to be careful in changing the antagonists as witnessed with SG1 going from the Go'auld to the Ori. I didn't mind the switch but some fans didn't care for it at all. So with SGA I wouldn't mind if they kept the Wraith but if they didn't I would hope the new enemy would be better.

Whew!

With Weir didn't she say she could create a human body (as in her original body) that she could inhabit. If another alien race retrieved her and gave her the ability to do just that, then she'd be human again thereby avoiding any kind of replicater story. That's how I'd envision it happening anyway.

And for the wraith thing, yeh i guess it would change the direction of the show quite a bit, maybe it would be a bit too much for some. Although my original idea of having them land somewhere unexplored might give the opportunity to give the wraith a rest (tell some new stories with new aliens and civilizations etc) then have them come back when Atlantis reconnects with earth and the rest of Pegasus. That could even lead to them having regained strength and being much more dangerous again.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Meh, they were still asgard though. We knew their history as race and there was very little mystery surrounding them. Just my opinion on that though,

Yeah I see where you're coming from but the fact that they were 10,000 years removed & so very, very evil (minus mirror universe Spock beards) to me set them WAY apart from the Ida Asgard who were incredibly benign due to there rather more opulent & decadent lifestyle - basically the Ida Asgard were spoilt so could afford to be idealists...... the Pegasus Asgard could not afford the same luxury & it would have been interesting to see how far they could be pushed (even with their technological disadvantages)

I know a lot of people enjoyed that whole direction. Plus they did give us the best episode of Season 5 (First Contact)

Indeeeeed :tealc_new049:

and they were pretty awesome in their suits.

& thanks to SGU, they are still around aswell :D Hopefully they will be up for auction soon :daniel_new_anime021

Actually I reckon they could have been a better villain if they hadn't been revealed for a while - have some mystery as to who they are while retaining that sense of danger they posed while inside the suits.

Oh what............ you mean like over the course of an entire season & a half before they finally find the poop-shoot switch & can get out of their damn suits?................ Oh no.... wait..... that's finding the bridge (my bad) :tealc_new050:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Oh what............ you mean like over the course of an entire season & a half before they finally find the poop-shoot switch & can get out of their damn suits?................ Oh no.... wait..... that's finding the bridge (my bad) :tealc_new050:

Well they wouldn't be in every episode so it would be very different. It wouldn't be 20 episodes of them appearing without us finding out.

I'm not really sure how they could play them out that way if im honest though, I just thought they were more sinister and threatening when we didn't know who they were.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Well they wouldn't be in every episode so it would be very different. It wouldn't be 20 episodes of them appearing without us finding out.

I'm not really sure how they could play them out that way if im honest though, I just thought they were more sinister and threatening when we didn't know who they were.

Yeah I know & to be honest I agree with you - it would have been better as a multi-episode arc with their true identity being discovered over the course of at least an entire season (how ever many episodes that would be in total) but that wasn't the case unfortunately so mustn't dwell I suppose :(

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
spoilers in a promo!

Yeah I know & to be honest I agree with you - it would have been better as a multi-episode arc with their true identity being discovered over the course of at least an entire season (how ever many episodes that would be in total) but that wasn't the case unfortunately so mustn't dwell I suppose :(

Then there was syfy revealing that in a PROMO weeks before the ep showed! :facepalm: major fail all around!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Talk about "pathetic" some one comes on a forum to rant about a canceled show. Thanks for the laugh, I truly enjoyed reading your post. :laughing:
you actually got something out of that jibberjabber? i tried reading a paragraf or two but it just seemd to go in circles with no real point so i gave up.

B

Backstep

you actually got something out of that jibberjabber? i tried reading a paragraf or two but it just seemd to go in circles with no real point so i gave up.

He is trying to project the character of Eli onto those who do not watch Universe.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Trolls are such a waste of time and space.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
and air.. and food you know someone will probably starve BC this one in the future..

No worries, he'll probably win a "Darwin Award" at some point. ;)