Your Season 6 Wish-List?

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Libel, sweetie.. libel... ;)
*palm smack into forehead*

Sorry, busy talking to the below :P
n514653284_616697_567.jpg
I gave her the hat. :P

Although if you think about it, it'd be both libel AND Slander given that he not only says it in published stuff, but in everyday conversation he would too :P

trelaine

GateFans Noob
Can't really say which writers because I like most episodes of SGA. I HAVE noticed that 3 names are missing from the general production of SGU that were involved in SG-1 & SGA - Paul Mullie, Peter Deluise & Martin Wood so I would include them in season 6.

Yes to:
Getting Atlantis off of earth!
Exploring the city - maybe find instructions on making zpms and drones.
Bring back Carson, learn more about Zelinka, maybe even an episode or two where he outshines McKay (he was such a d*ck to him sometimes, I would have liked to see his comeuppance).
I'd like to see Christopher Heyerdahl play 3 characters at once.
More on the "Travelers".
More diversity of alien cultures - example: SG-1 mushroom people.
One or two advanced civilizations.
An explanation of how the Wraith developed technologically & more about their class structure etc.
General Landry could visit once.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Slander is more difficult to prove.. ;) Libel is pretty cut-and-dry when you get down to it. Julliard should offer to refund his schooling fees/tuition if he would promise never to mention them again.

PS: Is that a 'Pope Hat?' As cute as she is, you have a perfect excuse for not paying attention. :)
That's what makes it so funny, proving BJS slandered Juliard is oh so much more hilarious than just libel. It's humiliating to be proven to have done it! :P

and yep, it's a pope hat. I dressed up as the pope during halloween and i gave her the outfit after she loved it so much :P The funniest thing is we're inside a starbucks at the time i took that picture and people were going "WTF?!" :laughing:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
That's what makes it so funny, proving BJS slandered Juliard is oh so much more hilarious than just libel. It's humiliating to be proven to have done it! :P

and yep, it's a pope hat. I dressed up as the pope during halloween and i gave her the outfit after she loved it so much :P The funniest thing is we're inside a starbucks at the time i took that picture and people were going "WTF?!" :laughing:
Why is the image of seeing "the pope" running around with little kids asking for candy disturbing to me??

Could have been worse I suppose, you could have been dressed as an alter boy.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Why is the image of seeing "the pope" running around with little kids asking for candy disturbing to me??

Could have been worse I suppose, you could have been dressed as an alter boy.
It was a purely spur of the moment thing. I was in the costume shop with a few friends and they kept on trying to get me to wear a banana outfit (something about chikita bananas being spanish)

Anyways, out of frustration at not finding something 'right' for me. I just blurted. "I might as well just dress up like the pope. At least i'll have a badass scepter."

It all devolved from there :P

On topic, i think Season 6 could have had some brilliant moments with a little willingness to have some sack rather than relying on tired cliches. The Pasgard were kinda bleh at first, but they could easily become the dynamic which helps to create a situation that pits Atlantis between three enemies. The Coalition including the Genii, the Wraith, and the Pasgard :P Could have been a brilliant story with lots of sci-fi, adventure, character drama and action :D

theOldOne

GateFans Noob
1. Get Atlantis back to Pegasus, and decrease their dependancy to Earth while you're at it.
2. Bring back Elizabeth!! (as Tori). An evil Liz would have been cool ( like in BASMR)...
3. A sentient Atlantis??
4. The evil Asgard/ more powerful Wraith (in the 1st season Wraith were very hard to kill, now they can be gunned down with a snap.)/more advanced civilizations that FRANWeir told Rodney about.
5. Teyla/Ronon should get more screentime, and Ronon should be with Jennifer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I recognize this chick from Sanctuary!

A very healthy looking specimen of the female variety :icon_e_wink:

Isnt that the chick from the season 2 cliffhanger for Sanctuary who had been turned into a vampire? Id know that gummy smile anywhere. In the episode where Tesla's serum turns several young people into "vamps", she gets captured by the Sanctuary team. As Magnus is interrogating her, she says "Why dont you bite me, BITCH!" :icon_lol:

Its her alright!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Isnt that the chick from the season 2 cliffhanger for Sanctuary who had been turned into a vampire? Id know that gummy smile anywhere. In the episode where Tesla's serum turns several young people into "vamps", she gets captured by the Sanctuary team. As Magnus is interrogating her, she says "Why dont you bite me, BITCH!" :icon_lol:

Its her alright!

You have Sanctuary on the brain sir. :D

Lilith

GateFans Noob
The other GREAT thing about SGA was that it was right in the middle and could move a bit in either direction between light (S1-3) and dark/gritty (S4-5) to survive whichever trend was en vogue. All it needed was good writing and PTB that cared.

Exactly, they could have gone dark and gritty with this show. They could have also done drama and we would have forgiven them if they failed because we would have watched it alway. It could have been developed easy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Perhaps, but its her alright!

You have Sanctuary on the brain sir. :D

Yep, its her...:)

vamp.png

Yeah, I really love Sanctuary. I love V and NCIS and the excitement I feel for those shows is what I had for Atlantis and SG-1. But SGU just makes me grimace. :(

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

1. Get Atlantis back to Pegasus, and decrease their dependancy to Earth while you're at it.
2. Bring back Elizabeth!! (as Tori). An evil Liz would have been cool ( like in BASMR)...
3. A sentient Atlantis??
4. The evil Asgard/ more powerful Wraith (in the 1st season Wraith were very hard to kill, now they can be gunned down with a snap.)/more advanced civilizations that FRANWeir told Rodney about.

I agree with all of these points, especially the evil Asgard, they should be a big part of any possible Atlantis movie/furtherance.

XCVG

GateFans Noob
1. No idea. I don't know or care much about who wrote it, as long as the end result is good.
2. Back to Pegasus. Disclosure, but this would have required changing EATG. A handful of 302s, come on! The entire military force of Earth should have been rallied, and I would have made it an actual invasion. So, dealing with disclosure, the effects of the attack, and the Wraith thread which is still out there. Also bring back the Pegasus Asgard. I love the little grey guys! At the same time, I would like to see some episodes set at least partially on Earth. Power armour and supercarriers would be nice, but I think I'm way too far out there now.
3. No replicators. Not too much drama. Some is good, but it should be well done. Turn your heads towards NCIS. That's good drama. Turn your heads toward 90210. That's not good drama.
4. More about Sheppard's past and Ronon's past. Push McKeller into the background. And more about the Wraith. They've evolved into dynamic characters, so give them the respect they deserve.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Y'know, while I do believe that even though Atlantis turned into a pretty messy and bad show after season 1 ended, I still think that it could've been saved. Here's my €0.02.

1. If you have to choose ONLY from writers that actually wrote for the show during it's 5 year run - who would your writing team be? (Maximum of 4 writers as the main writing team)
Rob Cooper, Alan McCullough, Carl Binder, Martin Gero (but keep him under a tight leash! no more of those damn McKay-wanks)

Brad Wright, Damian Kindler, and Peter DeLuise should also be in on a corner.

2. What would you like to have seen added more/back to the overall storyline?

-Make the show more serialized. The final season had little real structure and was just a few one-shots put together with no storyline that ties it all together.
-Give the show a few political storylines, dealing with the Coalition, the Genii, and the IOA. Maybe even add an IOA observer to Atlantis.
-Have the military play a larger role in the show. Place plenty more military personnel on Atlantis and give us more planet based battles like what we saw in "Heroes".
-Also, it would be good to see some more exploration of the city.

3. What would you have done away with in the overall storyline?

-Tone down some of the most campiest tendencies of the show. Every single line does not need to be a joke or sarcastic quip!
-McKeller
-The whole retrovirus storyline.

4. Which characters would you have wanted to see used/developed more, and which would you have liked to see used less?

-I would like to see much more of Teyla, because she was pretty much turned into a wallpaper in the later season.
-MUCH LESS MCKAY! Don't just get rid of him right away. Gradually reduce his presence in S6 and turn him into a recurring character in S7.
-Have Keller break up with McKay and give her some character development. She has potential as long as she's not just arm candy for McKay. Besides, Jewel Staite is awesome.
-Have Jonas Quinn go to Atlantis and become a recurring character.
-Add a new recurring character. An IOA officer who is there as an observer. While he will come into conflict with Woolsey and the rest of Atlantis, we should be able to see his point and sympathise with him. He should be played by Sean Maher, and maybe even have a secret crush on Keller. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Y'know, while I do believe that even though Atlantis turned into a pretty messy and bad show after season 1 ended, I still think that it could've been saved. Here's my €0.02.

1. If you have to choose ONLY from writers that actually wrote for the show during it's 5 year run - who would your writing team be? (Maximum of 4 writers as the main writing team)
Rob Cooper, Alan McCullough, Carl Binder, Martin Gero (but keep him under a tight leash! no more of those damn McKay-wanks)

Brad Wright, Damian Kindler, and Peter DeLuise should also be in on a corner.

-Make the show more serialized. The final season had little real structure and was just a few one-shots put together with no storyline that ties it all together.
-Give the show a few political storylines, dealing with the Coalition, the Genii, and the IOA. Maybe even add an IOA observer to Atlantis.
-Have the military play a larger role in the show. Place plenty more military personnel on Atlantis and give us more planet based battles like what we saw in "Heroes".
-Also, it would be good to see some more exploration of the city.

-Tone down some of the most campiest tendencies of the show. Every single line does not need to be a joke or sarcastic quip!
-McKeller
-The whole retrovirus storyline.

4. Which characters would you have wanted to see used/developed more, and which would you have liked to see used less?

-I would like to see much more of Teyla, because she was pretty much turned into a wallpaper in the later season.
-MUCH LESS MCKAY! Don't just get rid of him right away. Gradually reduce his presence in S6 and turn him into a recurring character in S7.
-Have Keller break up with McKay and give her some character development. She has potential as long as she's not just arm candy for McKay. Besides, Jewel Staite is awesome.
-Have Jonas Quinn go to Atlantis and become a recurring character.
-Add a new recurring character. An IOA officer who is there as an observer. While he will come into conflict with Woolsey and the rest of Atlantis, we should be able to see his point and sympathise with him. He should be played by Sean Maher, and maybe even have a secret crush on Keller. ;)
and woolsey was chopped liver? :rolleyes: the IOA ran the freaking expedition, why in heck would they need "an observer"?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
and woolsey was chopped liver? :rolleyes: the IOA ran the freaking expedition, why in heck would they need "an observer"?

Maybe they don't think Woolsey is up for the task? The IOA don't trust their employees, they're sneaky in that way. Hell, the IOA is full of power mad individuals like Shen (the gal from Remnants) and I don't think it's too far fetched that someone would place an observer on Atlantis because they some good dirt Woolsey so he can be fired or transferred.

To force some drama on SGA... :rolleyes:

Conflict, to be more precise. I had hoped that Woolsey would do that, but he didn't.

F

Frumenta

Dunno much about writers. Gero has written the most episodes I like and since I am a McKay fangirl I guess he is an obvious choice. Don't care about the rest as long as Mallozi is far, far away.

Scarier Wraith. More about the Wraith as a race. More about the Assgard, that was an awesome twist. More political stuff with a possible breakup from Earth and Atlantis becoming independent storyline. More about the Pegasus people, esp. advanced civilisations like the Travelers. More about the Genii.

McKeller. Gads how I hate McKeller. The destruction of the Wraith. Easy contact with Earth.

I would have loved to see more of Teyla and Ronon, Zelenka, Woolsey, Todd and to have had a better ending and handling of Elizabeth. I would also love to see more of minor characters, esp. in what concerns the international aspect of the expedition. Spotting all the different flags was very cool and I always wished there were more non US or Canadian main characters and more of a sense of how this was an international expedition. Finally, I really didn't mind the crossovers with SG1. I loved Daniel in Atlantis.

Less... definitely Keller. I started neutral towards her and ended up wanting her dead. Nice work developing the character, writers. There is no one else who really got on my nerves. Michael was a dud, though. He started really well as a villain but it was all downhill from there.

Tropicana

Council Member
3. A sentient Atlantis??
What I would like to see in S6, would have been the good ol' fashion archaeological adventures that we had with Stargate SG-1. Digging around monuments and reading incriptions and stuff.

The Ancients seeded life in the PG, so there must be a device that seeded the life... like the device in Dakara. Of course assuming the Wraith did not destroyed it already, but if it isn't, just imagine, upon activation via reprogramming, the entire Wraith species gone or changed.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Send Keller back to Earth. Bring Carson back fulltime.

Have Sheppard do what he does best, which is kick ass on the bad guys. Less talk/more action please.

Have McKay be himself.

Have Teyla and Ronon do more than just fill up space in the background.

Give Woolsey something that really challenges him. (I would say bring back Weir but it looks like her story line is done.)

Have the Wraith go back to being deadly enemies instead of soft, cuddly, wise crackin' pals.

EXPLORE ATLANTIS!!! Shit, there's an entire city there that still has a lot of unexplored territory.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
1. Have Atlantis return to pegasus but have it be cut off from earth for a while. It would be cool to see it land in an unexplored part of the galaxy by accident, it would bring back the exploration element and maybe even force them to search round Atlantis itself for things that could help. Possibly even have the planet it lands on be a lot more alien looking and have a bunch of secrets of its own - this could be limited by the CGI budget though.

2. In line with the idea above I think the "team" element would be brought back. It would be an expedition into the unknown again, forcing Woolsey to assume total command of the crew as it wouldn't be as relaxed or laid back as before.

3. Less Keller, preferably she gets left behind on earth.

4. Better endings for Ford and Weir. I always thought it was awful of the writers to deal with main characters in such an uncaring way.

5. Finally deal with the wraith and the evil asgard. The former has been played out and the latter was unoriginal. New aliens and civilizations are needed to keep the show fresh.

Maybe it wouldn't even be possible to fit all these ideas in one season but theres a bunch of things I would have liked to see at some point.