Will Atlantis get a Blu-Ray release?

Shadowcat

GateFans Noob
I was bumming around Amazon today and noticed on the listing for Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-Ray) there is new/different temporary art that doesn't appear to have been uploaded by a fan. Is this a good sign that maybe an Atlantis blu-ray collection is in the works or is it nothing to get excited about?

It would be nice. I know I'd like another copy of the episodes (my poor discs get a lot of use) without having to buy a second copy of the season by season dvd releases. I was thinking of picking up the complete series dvd collection last fall until I saw the multiple complaints about problems with the discs/packaging.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It would indeed be very nice. :)

I wonder if we stuck a bug in the ear of those in charge of the DVD/BluRay department...

Hmmmm....

Shadowcat

GateFans Noob
I'm hoping Jason's roles in the new Conan movie and A Game of Thrones will garner new interest in Atlantis and lead to a blu-ray release (or maybe an Atlantis movie...)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
OMG this will probably rank #1 on the birthday wish lists for the members of this site this year! :eek:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Damn the lack of a BR player, Damn it to hell :(
:icon_lol:

They're really not that expensive anymore.
But then again you need a good TV set with true HD to go along with it otherwise you're running a Ferrari with a VW Beetle engine in it. And a good TV is really where it hits your wallet...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:icon_lol:

They're really not that expensive anymore.
But then again you need a good TV set with true HD to go along with it otherwise you're running a Ferrari with a VW Beetle engine in it. And a good TV is really where it hits your wallet...

My TV is full 1080 HD, the trick is convincing the wife to get a PS3 :D

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
So they denied a SGU Season 2 bluray DVD release, but guess what? They just announced a Bluray DVD release for the entire SGA series! I checked on Amazon.com it is already in the 400's in rank, guess where SGU's Season one Blue ray is? Rank number 13,800! Wow!

Hmmm, do we need anymore evidence that the fans want SGA and not SGU?

SerenityS

GateFans Member
So they denied a SGU Season 2 bluray DVD release, but guess what? They just announced a Bluray DVD release for the entire SGA series! I checked on Amazon.com it is already in the 400's in rank, guess where SGU's Season one Blue ray is? Rank number 13,800! Wow!

LOL. I just pre-ordered mine! :)

(at that point it was #10 in TV Shows Starting with an S, no lie!)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

It's just mind boggling how the evidence is ignored. Seriously, I can't believe no one in a position of power sees this. We're talking money here and money talks. Eventually someone will listen.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

And how long has sga been of the Air??? if it can still pull sales like that after all this time, someone high up should get there head out there behinds and make the freaking movie! where will sgu's sales be in 2 years time?

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
If they were going to do something new with Atlantis wouldn't they have announced it already? It seems odd for them to say to Brad that no Atlantis movie is happening if they really were moving forward with any plans.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
If they were going to do something new with Atlantis wouldn't they have announced it already? It seems odd for them to say to Brad that no Atlantis movie is happening if they really were moving forward with any plans.

Well Brad really has nothing to do with the SGA movie, he gave the show to Joe M and Paul Mullie to run, and they were the ones who would be told first about the movie not him. SGU however is his baby now.

It's funny because BW did not really dwell on that there would never be any SGA or SG-1 movies, it was more about a SGU movie and a cross-over movie that were shot down.

Edit: I just think it is also interesting that a couple of days after they deemed the SG franchise on hiatus or whatever you want to call it, MGM announces a Blu-ray for SGA. For them to invest into more products can only be a good sign.