Why Z Nation is better than The Walking Dead

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is interesting. They are way out in bizarre land but it works nonetheless.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Who except Z Nation can give us talking zombies and actually make it work?

Basically the events of the finale of last season have caused a mutation in the Z virus. And because of it some recently deceased zeds are able to (as long as they ingest a small about of brain tissue) speak, reason and do not attack humans. It works basically because the entire show is in a surreal world of its own creation.

Pacing is still good and there is some humor without it being silly. It's still incredible that this is the product of The Asylum.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Not finished up watching it yet but man its weird indeed but they sure poke fun at themselves and the show lots with even some sad parts done very well also .
Die you mother finger ! Die !!!
Lol . That scene killed me !
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Like I said they basically have gone all in on living in a very weird world.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Waking up in Zona started the show down the weird path indeed .
Got a kick out of them poking fun at Canada ...
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to admit that Z Nation this week had me laughing out loud especially at Murphy's latest get up - you have to see it to believe it!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just finished season 4 . That ending was something else !
Last ep was the best one of the bunch I think .
So your watching season 5 now Joe ?
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
6867087-150x150.jpg

Here's part of his new look...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
By the way last week’s Z Nation kept up the weird but also had more than one LOL moment. Seriously Murphy’s new getup is so weird its hilarious. Meanwhile they also told us more about how the black rain mutated the virus causing some of the zeds to regain their former living senses under the right circumstances.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
I enjoyed this show until the end of last season. The writing clearly shows they've run out of ideas this season. It's almost like they're showing up in primary schools asking children to yell out the first thing that comes to mind and using that to seed ideas for episodes.

I enjoyed this show until the end of last season. The writing clearly shows they've run out of ideas this season. It's almost like they're showing up in primary schools asking children to yell out the first thing that comes to mind and using that to seed ideas for episodes.

Yes but isn't that expecting too much from a show that is both a parody and a pastiche of the zombie genre? :daniel_new004:

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
Yes but isn't that expecting too much from a show that is both a parody and a pastiche of the zombie genre? :daniel_new004:

By that logic you should be fine with an entire season of Murphy farting into empty jars and throwing them at zombies from a rocking chair on a porch while trading barbs with Warren.

By that logic you should be fine with an entire season of Murphy farting into empty jars and throwing them at zombies from a rocking chair on a porch while trading barbs with Warren.

I think we both know should the writers try such a thing they would immediately be sued by the producers of The Walking Dead for copyright infringement.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Did that really happen? I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it did! I stopped watching just because of losing interest, not because I thought the show is bad.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
Did that really happen? I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it did! I stopped watching just because of losing interest, not because I thought the show is bad.

I found the writing of the show died at season 4. Up to that point, it was hilarious, ridiculous but still quite good and very enjoyable.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Season 4 was extremely weird even for Z Nation but I still enjoyed it as enough of the trademark humor was around and the acting was good. This season is a little less weird and more on the humor with the overarching story being about the aftermath of the black rain that happened at the end of the last season (and was partly caused by our heroes).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Alas yes. The fans are trying to get Netflix to pick it up.

I think the show runners half expected to get cancelled as SyFy always seems to cancel shows after 5 seasons. The season finale functions well as a series finale also.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Alas yes. The fans are trying to get Netflix to pick it up.

I think the show runners half expected to get cancelled as SyFy always seems to cancel shows after 5 seasons. The season finale functions well as a series finale also.

May be five seasons is right for this particular series. They seemed to be running out of ideas this season.