Why does it take so long for networks to make decisions?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh that guy, him I remember. The resistance people got their revenge by cooking something up that made him look like a V-traitor and he was killed by the Vs.

Yep. They kidnapped a Visitor and did an anonymous callin implicating the kid. He wound up on a serving platter. Like I said - Cold.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yep. They kidnapped a Visitor and did an anonymous callin implicating the kid. He wound up on a serving platter. Like I said - Cold.

That was Daniel (the Tyler of old V). He totally DESERVED to be eaten. He killed the old lady, he ratted out the Resistance members, and he was a complete traitor. They set him up after kidnapping Elizabeth's father who was the first V killed with the red dust.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, you've got up to a week and a half to find out what's going to happen to V, O Mighty V-Squee'er.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That was Daniel (the Tyler of old V). He totally DESERVED to be eaten. He killed the old lady, he ratted out the Resistance members, and he was a complete traitor. They set him up after kidnapping Elizabeth's father who was the first V killed with the red dust.

I also liked how Stephen was dispatched by Ham Tyler. After they overrun the earth based command center he pours a bag of red dust on his face and tells him "Say goodnight hotshot".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I also liked how Stephen was dispatched by Ham Tyler. After they overrun the earth based command center he pours a bag of red dust on his face and tells him "Say goodnight hotshot".

LMAO! That was a funny scene! Ham Tyler was a cool character...such devilish humor. The lizard jokes in the original V were funny as hell to me. :) They tried to give some of that to Hobbes in the new V and it worked pretty well. At least we saw Tyler get his neck chewed open by Evil Lisa. :) In the original, Daniel was just taken to the kitchen screaming and whining but we didnt get to see anything. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Alas ABC did cancel V despite its getting better ratings than shows like Chuck that were renewed.

Maybe SyFy can be convinced to pick it up, as it ratings would be blockbuster there?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm really sorry to hear this, my friend.

Cancellation Bear is a harsh master.

Well, Im certainly not going to start a Save V! campaign or send hate mail to ABC or ship a box of dead lizards to them :) Shoes need to perform or they are cancelled. BUT, is it really over for V? I think its a natural for Syfy, and they could use the numbers already behind V. If those numbers carried over into cable, they would have a BLOCKBUSTER hit on their hands. Here's to being hopeful!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, Im certainly not going to start a Save V! campaign or send hate mail to ABC or ship a box of dead lizards to them :) Shows need to perform or they are cancelled. BUT, is it really over for V? I think its a natural for Syfy, and they could use the numbers already behind V. If those numbers carried over into cable, they would have a BLOCKBUSTER hit on their hands. Here's to being hopeful!
Oh, gawd...please don't give the REALLY rabid squeedrones any ideas.

You're sensible. The same can't be said of all fandom.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Well, Im certainly not going to start a Save V! campaign or send hate mail to ABC or ship a box of dead lizards to them :) Shoes need to perform or they are cancelled. BUT, is it really over for V? I think its a natural for Syfy, and they could use the numbers already behind V. If those numbers carried over into cable, they would have a BLOCKBUSTER hit on their hands. Here's to being hopeful!

Yeh sorry man, V was among a load of shows cancelled and picked up recently. Other than one weird rumour about The Event, there were no reports of any of the cancelled shows going elsewhere.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Sorry to hear about this, buddy. :(

Alas ABC did cancel V despite its getting better ratings than shows like Chuck that were renewed.

Well to be fair Chuck has a very low budget (basic cable level) and it has financing deal with Subway that brings in a lot of cash that other shows don't get. Besides, season 5 is going to be its final season anyway.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Epic FAIL!

Link? This is breaking news, isnt it?

EDIT: I cannot verify this. I sent a crawler out last night, nothing about a cancellation.

RE-EDIT: http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...v-brothers-sisters-an20110513,0,7594176.story

:facepalm: :mad: :vala-newanime020::tealc_new050:
Oh man...this is just BS! So what happens now? Is V over?Does it have a proper ending? I don't want to start watching a series only to figure out that the story is told half-assed :(
Also...

Did anyone see the garbage list of shows that ABC picked up? WTH is wrong with networks these days? There are billions of sci-fi books that are just begging to be turned into tv shows and movies.What is preventing them from picking it up?

BC also announced they're picking updrama pilots "Good Christian Belles," "Pan Am," "Charlie's Angels," "Once Upon a Time," "Revenge," "Scandal" and "The River" to series. Comedies "Apt. 23" and Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing" were also picked up.

Update: ABC just announced freshman comedy "Better With You" has also been canceled. "Happy Endings" was renewed for a second season.

tetrion

GateFans Noob
Not to add salt to the wounds, but I think it was evidently obvious with all the missed opportunities of the show. Granted it had some interesting tidbits, but the whole pace and tone of the show was slooooowwww.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Just read that Morena Baccarin is joining another show. I guess most people assumed V wasn't being revived by now but this kind of confirms it.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/scoop-vs-morena-baccarin-joins-homeland/#more-221272
I guess that ends the hopes of people who were wishing the show would be picked up by another network, like Syfy.

I truly wonder why they don't go for it, since this is a Scifi show with an in-built fanbase (that thingy BW had promised for SGU). Maybe someone who tweets could tweet Craig Engler and find out...?