Why does it take so long for networks to make decisions?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just KNOW that V will return for a season 3 (actually season 2, if you look at the first 20 episodes as a single season). Its just getting started! It was a significant contributor to Tuesday nights for ABC. Its one of just a small handful of shows that it can call remotely science fiction. Its done right, the casting is superb, the characters have been established, and they have a shot at making this show work (financially and production-wise) with the size of the audience it has.

V is AWESOME!

I dont understand why it takes months and months of no word about the show. Why dont they make fans privy to the decision making process? Release a few bones here, a few crumbs there...the interest is still high. Im glad Tyler is dead! Did Ryan's daughter really kill him? What will Erica do when she finds out Tyler is dead? Marc Singer! They have to renew it. Im betting they will, against all odds. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, upfronts are about the middle of this month, so you'll find out then, unless they decide to be some version of kind and tell us before then...but they DO seem to like the suspense.

USA screwed the suspense pooch about a week ago when the list of attendees was announced for their own upfronts and Sarah Shahi's name was on it. Until that point, there had been a big question of whether or not her show, "Fairly Legal", would be back, and this indicated rather clearly that it would be. USA finally blinked and made that announcement official today (Monday). One of the reasons I love the show is that RDA is a guest star, and I like that. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
I just KNOW that V will return for a season 3 (actually season 2, if you look at the first 20 episodes as a single season). Its just getting started! It was a significant contributor to Tuesday nights for ABC. Its one of just a small handful of shows that it can call remotely science fiction. Its done right, the casting is superb, the characters have been established, and they have a shot at making this show work (financially and production-wise) with the size of the audience it has.

V is AWESOME!

I dont understand why it takes months and months of no word about the show. Why dont they make fans privy to the decision making process? Release a few bones here, a few crumbs there...the interest is still high. Im glad Tyler is dead! Did Ryan's daughter really kill him? What will Erica do when she finds out Tyler is dead? Marc Singer! They have to renew it. Im betting they will, against all odds. :)
You're starting to sound like a certain group we know... lol

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You're starting to sound like a certain group we know... lol

I fully admit it. I am a V-squee :smiley_squee:

I loved the original and I love the new one. It needs to be renewed. :)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I fully admit it. I am a V-squee :smiley_squee:

I loved the original and I love the new one. It needs to be renewed. :)
Oh you poor thing, I'm embarrassed for you! But how brave! C'mere ya big galoot! sad0126.gif

Say cheeeeese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUBWfz7niY

I will admit, the ending credits music was darn cool, but wow was the original V loaded with some cheese. :D

**little Elizabeth does the magicky bomb defusion**

"Petae Nomma!"

"What does that mean?"

"It... it means peace." D'awwww! :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
"V-squee" sounds kinda kinky you know.......:thoranime12:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh you poor thing, I'm embarrassed for you! But how brave! C'mere ya big galoot! View attachment 4114

Say cheeeeese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUBWfz7niY

I will admit, the ending credits music was darn cool, but wow was the original V loaded with some cheese. :D

**little Elizabeth does the magicky bomb defusion**

"Petae Nomma!"

"What does that mean?"

"It... it means peace." D'awwww! :D

Yes, its cheese today, but when it was current, it was AWESOME! Looking at Brady Bunch or Partridge Family or I Dream of Jeannie to me today seems campy and cheesy. But when it was current, it was funny, exciting and entertaining :). For its time in my memories, it is still cool. But the new one is better, and in 10 years it too will look cheesy and campy. :) In 20 years, all these kids who have gotten tattoos and piercings will be pointing at each other making jokes about how their butterfly tattoo now looks like a dragon, and how that blob of red and black tattoo used to be a rose. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And actually up until that scene V was pretty much cheese free. In fact, unlike today's "soap-fi" it really was gritty (think of how many of the cast did not survive until the end of "Final Battle". Remember the author of 'V' was originally creating a political allegory about totalitarianism but shifted it into Science Fiction - hence the Visitors insignia resembling a swastika. And Jane Badler as Dianna is rightly considered one of SciFi's top all time villans.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Yes, its cheese today, but when it was current, it was AWESOME! Looking at Brady Bunch or Partridge Family or I Dream of Jeannie to me today seems campy and cheesy. But when it was current, it was funny, exciting and entertaining :). For its time in my memories, it is still cool. But the new one is better, and in 10 years it too will look cheesy and campy. :) In 20 years, all these kids who have gotten tattoos and piercings will be pointing at each other making jokes about how their butterfly tattoo now looks like a dragon, and how that blob of red and black tattoo used to be a rose. :)
Oh I know... at the time I really liked it too... but I just had to razz you a little with some "lil' Elizabeth" V cheese. ;)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
And actually up until that scene V was pretty much cheese free. In fact, unlike today's "soap-fi" it really was gritty (think of how many of the cast did not survive until the end of "Final Battle". Remember the author of 'V' was originally creating a political allegory about totalitarianism but shifted it into Science Fiction - hence the Visitors insignia resembling a swastika. And Jane Badler as Dianna is rightly considered one of SciFi's top all time villans.
That's very true. That one scene where the older lady is doing some spy work where she's dressed as a maid... then the kid finds her and has her killed... that was GOOD stuff. Horrible death, but very meaningful and excellent writing!

One thing, looking back now, that I found hysterically funny then and still do today... the ladies' GIANT haircuts. It was the Dynasty era where big hair was power, and they were perfectly coiffed in some of the later episodes. Too funny!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Plus don't forget how the Resistance took care of the kid later...now THAT was cold. Plus Michael Ironside as Ham Tyler was perfect,

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Plus don't forget how the Resistance took care of the kid later...now THAT was cold. Plus Michael Ironside as Ham Tyler was perfect,
My memory is vague on what eventually / finally happened to little Elizabeth. I remember she went into some kind of cocoon and insto-aged to a 19-year-old blond, but after that I don't remember...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My memory is vague on what eventually / finally happened to little Elizabeth. I remember she went into some kind of cocoon and insto-aged to a 19-year-old blond, but after that I don't remember...

She went on in the series and was played as an adult by Jennifer Cooke. :)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
She went on in the series and was played as an adult by Jennifer Cooke. :)
As an adult she was pretty attractive and kinda thin, as I remember. What eventually happened to the character? I know she stayed with the resistance people, but nothing else comes to mind.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As an adult she was pretty attractive and kinda thin, as I remember. What eventually happened to the character? I know she stayed with the resistance people, but nothing else comes to mind.

Honestly? I just dont remember!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not her, the kid who shot the old lady while working with the Visitors.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Not her, the kid who shot the old lady while working with the Visitors.
Oh that guy, him I remember. The resistance people got their revenge by cooking something up that made him look like a V-traitor and he was killed by the Vs.