What if...?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
sorry for any misunderstanding or upset, I was hurt on anther site not that long ago, people started saying some hurtfull stuff, I was scared that this would go down the same road...
simular in many ways Cylons and Cybermen are polar opposites in character (if this is reimaged Battlestar, though the question covers both versions) , basically how would the crew of the Galactic react, feel towards a deadlier race of Cylon like beings that turn Humans into machine creatures, would that not be their worse nightmare?
As for being a DW/BG crossover Doctor Who can and would adapt as it always does ot a new format to fit in with Battlestar Galactica, but also could Galactica do the same and come to a comprimise which balances the differing styles and come up with something new, best of both worlds so to speak, maybe an animated version even?
again sorry for before.

Best thing is just to read the CCPG. We actually do watch to make sure posts dont go too far off track (being derailed). We do not censor a la Gateworld (aka Reichworld), and we do not coddle. But we also do not allow open flaming or harassment of members. That means you! We will protect you and enforce the CCPG which is here:

http://www.gatefans.net/forums/show...Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING!

:welcomewagon:

WELCOME to GateFans!

About meshing of Doctor Who and BSG...really? Okay, that to me would be like fish flavored ice cream. :puke:

:P

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
at risk of derailing this myself, I wonder, has Doctor Who become more juvinial in it's current incarnation, a lot of the pre late 70s stories seemed more edgy concidering it started off as an "educaional" program aimed at young people back in the 60s, then becomming a bit more "adult" when Pertwee came along, the classic series did seem to be a bit of a rollercoster in tone

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
at risk of derailing this myself, I wonder, has Doctor Who become more juvinial in it's current incarnation, a lot of the pre late 70s stories seemed more edgy concidering it started off as an "educaional" program aimed at young people back in the 60s, then becomming a bit more "adult" when Pertwee came along, the classic series did seem to be a bit of a rollercoster in tone

Matt Smith's Doctor and stories are more fable-like, the sort of thing you'd find in children's books. He's more like a quirky time-traveling "Absent Minded Professor" without the Flubber. Not as dark and edgy as it used to be, even as late as Tennant's Doctor. I like many of the episodes but it has become very child-friendly, IMO, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I am liking that it lightened up. Tennant's time started off good but by the last season and especially in the specials it got so EMO it was sickening.

Smith's era so far is rather more a throwback to the Patrick Troughton era. I also am liking the concept of staging the death of the Doctor to try to stem the negative effects of his excessive fame (said fame being a product of the Russel T Davies era). In fact, it would make a good time-altering plot to have the Doctor try some risky scheme to "erase" his legend and fame and thus get things back to "normal".

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
the style difference of the four shows is not really important to this, hmmm remember Cybermen remove all emotion and to some degree memory (I think?), turning people into machines rether than machines turning into people, thought it's intresting to compare the Cylons and Cybermen, however the real question lies with the colonials and what their reaction andfeeling would be if they met the Cybermen (as the Cybermen catch them by surprise)

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
Comparisons and Connections: (DW) Eternals & (BG) Messangers

please don't kick me for this, I know Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who are chalk and cheeze, but speculativly thinking, suppose they shared the same universe (for the purpose I have have in mind) Is it possible that the messangers (the so called Angels) in Battlestar Galactica could be (or related to) the Eternals in Doctor Who.... could they be made to fit in a fan fiction prehaps???

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
please don't kick me for this, I know Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who are chalk and cheeze, but speculativly thinking, suppose they shared the same universe (for the purpose I have have in mind) Is it possible that the messangers (the so called Angels) in Battlestar Galactica could be (or related to) the Eternals in Doctor Who.... could they be made to fit in a fan fiction prehaps???

You can mash together just about anything in a fanfic universe. :)

For instance, Star Trek & Babylon 5 in a really well made parody amateur production:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79JuYdG5KY

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
here's an idea I had for a scene:
The Doctor (not sure which yet possibly) is siting in a chair in the Tardis Library, researching the "history" of the 13 colonies.
Messanger Six and Messanger Baltar watch him, the Doctor is apparently oblivious to their pressance, they disguss the Doctor's unexpected involvement in Kara Thrace's life
noisily The Doctor slams a book shut and to their surprise, the Doctor (fully aware of them) confronts them by saying it's rude to talk about someone as if they're not in the same room, he also accuses their kind of being cowards for fleeing the "Time War" suggesting that it's guilt that is motivating them into "aiding" the Humans...or something along those lines, I know it needs work, as yet I'm proberbly not the best or most confident writer.

S

Stonelesscutter

You can mash together just about anything in a fanfic universe. :)

For instance, Star Trek & Babylon 5 in a really well made parody amateur production:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79JuYdG5KY

This may be the first ever thing I see coming out of Finland.

"Fukooooooooov!"

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
This may be the first ever thing I see coming out of Finland.

"Fukooooooooov!"
be sure to check out iron sky in aprill ;)

and consider yourself lucky that you dont get finnish tv ansd news fored upon you when watching tv like we swedes do..

OMNI

another thread about this?

i just checked and you have ALOT of other threads about the exact same topic of mixing doctor who with BSG.

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I wouldn't say exactly the same, one was about Cybemen and what if they mey the Colonials, the Baltar vs one is completely seperate, yes they do mix Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica but the topics are not directly linked, I'm just trying different approaches to subjects (I admit I regret doing the Baltar vs thread)

OMNI

I wouldn't say exactly the same, one was about Cybemen and what if they mey the Colonials, the Baltar vs one is completely seperate, yes they do mix Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica but the topics are not directly linked, I'm just trying different approaches to subjects (I admit I regret doing the Baltar vs thread)
all these threads have been merged to your what if thread, if you make more of these threads i will continue moving them there.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm not sure how Cybermen would react to Cylons, both seem to be coming from almost diametricly opposed viewpoints. If you were to use humans as a basis, they would probably try to exterminate.........exterminate...........exterminate each other.
(sorry, I like Daleks) :D

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I'm not sure how Cybermen would react to Cylons, both seem to be coming from almost diametricly opposed viewpoints. If you were to use humans as a basis, they would probably try to exterminate.........exterminate...........exterminate each other.
(sorry, I like Daleks) :D

me too :icon_razz: :tealcanime23:... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.