What if...?

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I have some questions thats been bugging me for a few days, a sensible, what might happen if conversation, this regards seperately, both 70s/80s Battlestar Galactica with 60s/80s Doctor Who and re-imaged 2003-2009 BG series with DW 2005-2011, please make your comments intresting and please be kind... oh and no Daleks.

Senario:
The Battlestar Galactica has found a drifting planet identical to Earth, which
they think it is except it is in the wrong location, a mysterious stranger called
the Doctor turns up and warns them not to go to that planet, they ignore him,
on the surface things seem lifeless however the landing party soon uncover an
advanced underground city, meanwhile the fleet encounter a small fleet of
unknown (alien) ships. The Doctor tell them that the ships come from
the planet and it isn't Earth but Earth's lost twin planet... Mondas.
On the surface the dreaded Cybermen reveal themselves and the horror of
Cyber-Conversion... Meanwhile the Cylons are also faced with Cybermen,
who offer an alliance, naturally they intend to screw the Cylons over,
("promises to aliens have no validity" hense why the Daleks flatly
refused them in "Doomsday" prehaps)

Ok what I want is your opinions on how the Colonials and Cylons react to and would feel towards the Cybermen and the Doctor (particularly the Cybermen) how do you think this senario will end and finally would this work as a crossover if this was on tv ether in the 80s or current???

G

Graybrew1

I have some questions thats been bugging me for a few days, a sensible, what might happen if conversation, this regards seperately, both 70s/80s Battlestar Galactica with 60s/80s Doctor Who and re-imaged 2003-2009 BG series with DW 2005-2011, please make your comments intresting and please be kind... oh and no Daleks.

Senario:
The Battlestar Galactica has found a drifting planet identical to Earth, which
they think it is except it is in the wrong location, a mysterious stranger called
the Doctor turns up and warns them not to go to that planet, they ignore him,
on the surface things seem lifeless however the landing party soon uncover an
advanced underground city, meanwhile the fleet encounter a small fleet of
unknown (alien) ships. The Doctor tell them that the ships come from
the planet and it isn't Earth but Earth's lost twin planet... Mondas.
On the surface the dreaded Cybermen reveal themselves and the horror of
Cyber-Conversion... Meanwhile the Cylons are also faced with Cybermen,
who offer an alliance, naturally they intend to screw the Cylons over,
("promises to aliens have no validity" hense why the Daleks flatly
refused them in "Doomsday" prehaps)

Ok what I want is your opinions on how the Colonials and Cylons react to and would feel towards the Cybermen and the Doctor (particularly the Cybermen) how do you think this senario will end and finally would this work as a crossover if this was on tv ether in the 80s or current???

This is cool idea, I think the underground advanced city is also reminding me of Hollow Earth from Sanctuary and some of that show might come into play with of nice Abnormal time travel.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
anything involving dr who gets a def thumbs down from me especially when one suggests to mix it with more serious and better scifi such as BSG even tho i hated most of it aswell.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
anything involving dr who gets a def thumbs down from me especially when one suggests to mix it with more serious and better scifi such as BSG even tho i hated most of it aswell.

OMNI I really wish you wouldn't be so damn vague when it comes to giving your opinion. :D

(PS -- I'm in agreement. I can't see meshing the two stories at all.)

OMNI

Please don't derail this thread
you do not govern the content of this site and members and STAFF such as myself are allowed to say anything we wish within the rules of this forum.

Now taddletale behavior as you have just displayed by reporting my post and trying to land a member in trouble is neither rewarded nor encouraged on this site the report system is for reporting CLEAR CUT CCPG violations it is NOT to be used as your own personal modding suggestion box or for whining about a possible derailment which my comment CLEARLY was not as it was clearly related to the topic and OP.

now if you do not wish to hear other peoples oppinions on the matter or any possible negative oppinions this site nor the internet as a whole is most likly not for you.

and for future refference you might think twice before you use the report system to report a staffmember who knows the rules and general atmosphere of this site much better then you seem to do.

OMNI - Gatefans Council member

S

Stonelesscutter

I have never seen any of the BSG episodes nor any of the Dr. Who episodes so I'm afraid I can't sensibly weigh in on this subject.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Honestly, I don't think that BSG or Doctor Who would mix well. While I enjoy both shows in their own rights, their tones are just too different from each other for some sort of crossover.

S

Stonelesscutter

yet you had to get a +1 on your post count eh? lol ;)

No. I have plenty of posts so I don't have to worry about that +1. ;)
I was just trying to get the thread back on topic a bit, even though I have nothing to say about it. And it seemed to work as ESA just posted on topic. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I was just trying to get the thread back on topic a bit, even though I have nothing to say about it. And it seemed to work as ESA just posted on topic. :)

I highly doubt you've never seen Dr. Who or BSG. What's with that statement??? :confused:

At any rate, I think even you can attest to the fact that the two shows are too dissimilar to be meshed together. I could maybe see Dr. Who and Sanctuary crossing over because they're both more juvenile in tone.

G

Graybrew1

I would think as a fellow artist that you would appreciate the concept of the creativity behind the idea that is being proposed if not the content directly. I think that given the right writers it might be interesting to at least see before I pooh pooh it. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

I highly doubt you've never seen Dr. Who or BSG. What's with that statement??? :confused:

At any rate, I think even you can attest to the fact that the two shows are too dissimilar to be meshed together. I could maybe see Dr. Who and Sanctuary crossing over because they're both more juvenile in tone.

You can doubt whatever you want honey.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
While it would be challenging to mesh these shows together it certainly can be done. Doctor Who has shown many times in the past that it can be every bit as adult as a show like BSG can. In the same vein BSG showed a lot of times it could easily be a juvenile soap opera. Sanctuary has also shown it can do all of the above.

The real challenge is mixing these shows in a manner that is natural and does not feel forced.

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
sorry for any misunderstanding or upset, I was hurt on anther site not that long ago, people started saying some hurtfull stuff, I was scared that this would go down the same road...
simular in many ways Cylons and Cybermen are polar opposites in character (if this is reimaged Battlestar, though the question covers both versions) , basically how would the crew of the Galactic react, feel towards a deadlier race of Cylon like beings that turn Humans into machine creatures, would that not be their worse nightmare?
As for being a DW/BG crossover Doctor Who can and would adapt as it always does ot a new format to fit in with Battlestar Galactica, but also could Galactica do the same and come to a comprimise which balances the differing styles and come up with something new, best of both worlds so to speak, maybe an animated version even?
again sorry for before.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
When I was a wee lad I remember Dr. Who going to myriad places here on Earth and on the moon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Shambhala or one of the Hollow earth societies. There are at least 2 series of shows where he ended up time-shifting on a moving spaceship. BS Galactica wouldn't be too far off. I seem to remember that Who has created more than one spin-off.

OMNI

Honestly, I don't think that BSG or Doctor Who would mix well. While I enjoy both shows in their own rights, their tones are just too different from each other for some sort of crossover.
my point exactly. i have even read some of those fanfiction stories that try to mix in dr who with either stargate or BSG and it just doesnt work and it becomes (as ape says further down) quite juvenile.

:O coming from the king of derailments? :P

indeed.

I would think as a fellow artist that you would appreciate the concept of the creativity behind the idea that is being proposed if not the content directly. I think that given the right writers it might be interesting to at least see before I pooh pooh it. ;)
this directed at me? please use the quoting system many of your post recently has clearly been directed at someone yet im having a hard time determening who when you dont qoute the post you are responding too :(

OMNI

sorry for any misunderstanding or upset, I was hurt on anther site not that long ago, people started saying some hurtfull stuff, I was scared that this would go down the same road...
simular in many ways Cylons and Cybermen are polar opposites in character (if this is reimaged Battlestar, though the question covers both versions) , basically how would the crew of the Galactic react, feel towards a deadlier race of Cylon like beings that turn Humans into machine creatures, would that not be their worse nightmare?
As for being a DW/BG crossover Doctor Who can and would adapt as it always does ot a new format to fit in with Battlestar Galactica, but also could Galactica do the same and come to a comprimise which balances the differing styles and come up with something new, best of both worlds so to speak, maybe an animated version even?
again sorry for before.
appology accepted.

however you are aware that this is the internet and the internet itself is pretty much the last bastion where freedom of speech and expression still lives right? and as such when one submits ones own ideas or oppinions on the open web such as you have done you do run the risk of other people not sharing your oppinion or idea and possibly even hating it and having harsh things to say about it this is in esscence freedom of speach a right and a privlage that i personally cherish greatly.

my advice to you would be to try and develop thicker skin and accept that people will think diffrently then you and most of the time especially on the internet feel the need to express themself on it either positivly or harshly this is just how it is and personally i would have it no other way.

now by all means please continue sharing your ideas in this thread or others we have here but be aware that not everyone may agree with you and they may have something to say about it.

G

Graybrew1

my point exactly. i have even read some of those fanfiction stories that try to mix in dr who with either stargate or BSG and it just doesnt work and it becomes (as ape says further down) quite juvenile.

:O coming from the king of derailments? :P

indeed.

this directed at me? please use the quoting system many of your post recently has clearly been directed at someone yet im having a hard time determening who when you dont qoute the post you are responding too :(

Yes, hit wrong button.
OMNI this was directed at you.