What could a scientist in the Star Wars galaxy be researching or trying to create?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I will stop asking for ideas on this site. I have no intention to rip you off. I’m also just asking for a vague sci fi novum; not stealing the idea for Facebook. I’m sorry what happened to you and your brother; but you can’t go through life being constantly on guard that someone will screw you over. Sharing ideas is a natural human trait and most ideas are the same and come up by others eventually. Star Wars itself was basically a mixture of Flash Gordon and the Knights Templar. You gave me the bare bones idea for the planet cutter and I will come up with a name for it. My name is Max Nocerino. Please give me your name so I can credit you if I ever publish it (the chances of that happening are next to zero). Also remember that this idea is just background and will only be mentioned.

Update: Someone informed me that this idea can not destroy a planet due to science. I’m not using it so you don’t need to worry. Thanks for your help though.

No problem, but thanks for understanding. :) The blade idea is more of a ship weapon than anything else. In Star Wars, we do not seem to see any shield technology except that used by the Gungans in the prequels and by the Trade Federation droids. The blade weapon would be scaled up to defeat ships and buildings. If Imperial Walkers had these weapons they would be much more formidable.

Maximum7

GateFans Cadet
No problem, but thanks for understanding. :) The blade idea is more of a ship weapon than anything else. In Star Wars, we do not seem to see any shield technology except that used by the Gungans in the prequels and by the Trade Federation droids. The blade weapon would be scaled up to defeat ships and buildings. If Imperial Walkers had these weapons they would be much more formidable.

Their are personal shields in the EU. They are rare though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I occurred to me that after The Last Straw Jedi, there is now a need for a hyperspace tracking jammer. :rolleye0014: Also, since Jedi and other force sensitives can propel themselves through space, why not create a Jedi cloak that turns into a spacesuit?

Maximum7

GateFans Cadet
I occurred to me that after The Last Straw Jedi, there is now a need for a hyperspace tracking jammer. :rolleye0014: Also, since Jedi and other force sensitives can propel themselves through space, why not create a Jedi cloak that turns into a spacesuit?

Yeah Hyperspace tracking jammer is not a bad idea but I don’t know how a cloak can turn into a spacesuit. Seems a little like magic.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah Hyperspace tracking jammer is not a bad idea but I don’t know how a cloak can turn into a spacesuit. Seems a little like magic.

Magic is okay in Star Wars! If Leia can fly through space using the Force, and Luke can project himself across the galaxy, you can have a cloak turn into a spacesuit or maybe even a hot dog stand! :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Also, since Jedi and other force sensitives

Not all jedi share the same abilities

the Leia space walk---stupid as it was- may just have been a bad attempt by TPTB's to demonstrate that is her extraordinary jedi power

even though,so far as we know, she never had any training that would have taught her how to use this 'on demand' as she seems to have done

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not all jedi share the same abilities

the Leia space walk---stupid as it was- may just have been a bad attempt by TPTB's to demonstrate that is her extraordinary jedi power

even though,so far as we know, she never had any training that would have taught her how to use this 'on demand' as she seems to have done

Its just stupid, dude! :) It's stupid. It looks stupid, the concept of it is stupid, and it should never have been seen in any Star wars movie or any movie. Also, if Leia had this extraordinary Jedi power (where did she get trained for that?), why didn't she use it to wipe out the attacking First order troops on the Rebel base? Why didn't Jedi use it to fly inside atmospheres like Superman, or bring down Imperial Walkers? Why didn't Emperor Palpatine use it to fly up from where he was thrown down by Darth Vader? Come on, man. :) It's just stupid.

Like Star Trek, the Star Wars universe has been broken by stupid writers who took liberties they should have not taken. Destruction of ships by going into hyperspace? Making bombs "drop" from starships onto a cruiser when there is no gravity? A rolling ball droid who works on the exterior of a ship? These things give headaches to thinking people.

Maximum7

GateFans Cadet
This is my last post on this thread.

I’m making one last round on all the forums I posted on. I’m looking for something highly advanced.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I’m making one last round on all the forums I posted on. I’m looking for something highly advanced.

So, what will become of all of the ideas you have collected from the forums you have posted on? How will they be used? Will you be paid for them? Will they make their way into a book or screenplay?

Maximum7

GateFans Cadet
So, what will become of all of the ideas you have collected from the forums you have posted on? How will they be used? Will you be paid for them? Will they make their way into a book or screenplay?

I will likely gain no ideas and they aren’t going into anything official. Just my fan fiction. I explained to you that LucasFilm/Disney does. Not. Take. Unsolicited. Material.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I will likely gain no ideas and they aren’t going into anything official. Just my fan fiction. I explained to you that LucasFilm/Disney does. Not. Take. Unsolicited. Material.

Yes, I remember. :) But that was not my question, was it? Do you have any fan fiction already published that we can take a look at?

Maximum7

GateFans Cadet
Yes, I remember. :) But that was not my question, was it? Do you have any fan fiction already published that we can take a look at?

You asked what will come of the ideas. Nothing. I am working on two projects. A fantasy project that I intend to publish and the Star Wars fan fic hasn’t materialized yet. I’m still doing an outline on what it will become.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Also, if Leia had this extraordinary Jedi power (where did she get trained for that?)

no one needs actual training if they are strong enough in the force

and she did not know she had any powers, it was like a flight or fight kind of response the way i see it

why cant anyone have a differing opinion on this? i said it was stupid, how many other ways do i need to say it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
the problem with some ppl and the new movies (YES THEY re not the old movies!) is that the new movies show us the old characters who are human and thus have aged and matured in more than just physical ways

ppl in real life change in their attitudes, opinions and adjust their personalities over time and with life experiences

bad shit happened to Luke -hence the loss of his cheesy farm boy personality from the OT--GET THE F over it!!

----------------------------------------
geez, just stop projecting you anger and disappointment with the JJ Trek verse on Star Wars :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

let me apologize, some of us ( me too) can be a bit hostile here to things

back in the day i got shredded for some stuff l dared to say i liked (like nuBSG and SW's), but i rode out the bullying and i have stuck around

you should too

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
let me apologize, some of us ( me too) can be a bit hostile here to things

back in the day i got shredded for some stuff l dared to say i liked (like nuBSG and SW's), but i rode out the bullying and i have stuck around

you should too
It isn't the same dude. :) You did not come here and gather info from others with the intention of using the info for a project of unknown purpose. I have not been picking on Maximum7, just attempting to find out what is to become of the ideas he has been aggressively collecting from people here (and evidently elsewhere as well). It is just...unusual.

Maximum7

GateFans Cadet
It isn't the same dude. :) You did not come here and gather info from others with the intention of using the info for a project of unknown purpose. I have not been picking on Maximum7, just attempting to find out what is to become of the ideas he has been aggressively collecting from people here (and evidently elsewhere as well). It is just...unusual.

It’s an obsession. I have OCD and I am on 80 milograms of Prozac for it. I am obsessed with futuristic ideas and science and this story only made me more “aggressive”. I am ashamed to say that not counting reddit, I’ve posted on 69 forums including this one. I plan to take control of the situation and stop.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It’s an obsession. I have OCD and I am on 80 milograms of Prozac for it. I am obsessed with futuristic ideas and science and this story only made me more “aggressive”. I am ashamed to say that not counting reddit, I’ve posted on 69 forums including this one. I plan to take control of the situation and stop.

This is a great response. At least I know WHY you are doing this now. :) I already told you why I get all defensive when people ask me for ideas. My brother has it worse than I do, but unlike ideas stolen from me, his idea made the person who stole it several hundred thousand Euros.