VR-the next addiction? The sci fi writers have warned us...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
my 'smart phone', which never leaves my car, 'cause i see it a an accessory to my car--like the tire iron, is over 6 yrs old

i am just not into any of this stuff, i want to see, feel, touch and do things in the real world

like my pond and our gardens. a reality we built in a place it did not exist before we altered the landscape. this is all the escapism i need

I agree that real life experiences are always better than something artificial. But you have land and the space to do that, and probably Rac80 has that too. I can indeed visit a variety of diverse places in southern California, but the reality is that I just don't have the time to do that unless I take vacation time. VR has allowed me to get the same sort of rejuvenation which comes from escaping, only I can do it every single day. My Guided Meditation VR and Mind Labyrinth apps have a profound effect on my moods. Besides, how do you enjoy your garden pond during a rainstorm? Do you get to change your environment to a beach or a tropical rainforest? VR is not as good as the real thing, but it is damned close enough! I do real life PLUS the VR world.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
sometimes these memes are actually more effective than words :)

71841113_3120327021342798_9075976790844899328_n.jpg