V Season 2 trailer: V returns Tuesday, January 4th 2011 at 9:00pm on ABC!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why are they not saying how many viewers?

But a third place finish isn't a good thing, as it doesn't appear that the NBC and CBS shows (which were 2 hours each) didn't lose their audience, either.

This isn't cable tv, where they expect a lower audience number. The "big" networks expect higher a higher ratings share than a 2.1.

Why are they only talking about "share"? According to what I have seen, that 2.1 translates into over 6 million viewers, correct?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Why are they only talking about "share"? According to what I have seen, that 2.1 translates into over 6 million viewers, correct?
The 6.5 million viewers are the RAW numbers of everyone watching V, before you thin out the numbers by only counting those in the 18-49 age bracket, which gives it that 2.1 share.

For example, CBS' number for Tuesday night were 10.22 million, BUT their share was 2.4, which is a smaller share than NBC's 3.3 share with a raw count of 8.79 million viewers.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Not streaming :(

Well I'm really mad cuz the V premiere isn't streaming on Hulu or ABC.com and I can't even buy it on iTunes or Amazon. I don't do torrents...so this is really annoying. Are they really going to be like that? I don't have a TV. Just internet - so all they are doing by refusing to stream online is losing viewers and pissing people off - it's not like I'm going to make sure I watch it live from now on - cuz I don't have a TV!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well I'm really mad cuz the V premiere isn't streaming on Hulu or ABC.com and I can't even buy it on iTunes or Amazon. I don't do torrents...so this is really annoying. Are they really going to be like that? I don't have a TV. Just internet - so all they are doing by refusing to stream online is losing viewers and pissing people off - it's not like I'm going to make sure I watch it live from now on - cuz I don't have a TV!
Maybe they're just late getting it posted on ABC.com, SexyDexy. They seem to stream most of their shows within a day or two of airing.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Maybe they're just late getting it posted on ABC.com, SexyDexy. They seem to stream most of their shows within a day or two of airing.

We'll see. I hope they put it up soon. There is some speculation that they decided not to put it online at all in an attempt to boost the live ratings, but, I can't find any solid information :( There are some short clips on ABC.com but not the full episode. And Hulu says flat out that they no longer have the streaming rights... :mad:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, as it's already aired, "live" ratings don't mean much of anything at this point.

DVR viewings aren't going to help, either.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Well not to help the live ratings for the premiere, but in general. Like when Syfy decided to put the 30 day delay on the SGU eps

Anyways I think it is silly if they do that, because it just makes people who normally wouldn't watch illegally, be very tempted to watch illegally.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well not to help the live ratings for the premiere, but in general. Like when Syfy decided to put the 30 day delay on the SGU eps

Anyways I think it is silly if they do that, because it just makes people who normally wouldn't watch illegally, be very tempted to watch illegally.
Exactly.

Stuff like that is one of the reasons that movie studios are releasing movies on DVD so soon after they hit theatres now. It's all to "battle" the illegal crap.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
The Tyler kid reminds me of my brother as a teenager lol.

At 17 he dated a 28 yo woman. My parents objected. He stole my mom's car and went to stay with her and she dumped him for being immature when the police came for the car. He blamed this on my parents and played his stereo with the volume all the way up in his boarded up bedroom for 3 days until my dad took the door off the hinges and beat the stereo with a sledgehammer.
icon_rotflmao.gif

Your dad is so civilized. I would have done that after 20 minutes.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Your dad is so civilized. I would have done that after 20 minutes.
I would have had the cops haul the kid away for car theft. Tough love mom here. ;)