Under The Weather, So...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I know, but even though I'm relatively filled up with booze at the moment, I'm still aware enough to know that what I was about to say was not funny at all.

Oh I dunno, I think SS and myself would find your drunken ramblings hilarious. :D

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I know, but even though I'm relatively filled up with booze at the moment, I'm still aware enough to know that what I was about to say was not funny at all.

Oh I dunno, I think SS and myself would find your drunken ramblings hilarious. :D

I just assumed Stone was always in the bottle when he posts here. :P

Stone, you know you can always PM us your jokes for review before you post them. ;)

G

Graybrew1

I was sick as a Dog for a few days. Fever and all the whole nine yards. :(This is first day that I felt relatively normal. Each day gets a bit better. I have no idea whether it was cold, flu, bug or whatever. But it stunk. Good riddance. :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I was sick as a Dog for a few days. Fever and all the whole nine yards. :(This is first day that I felt relatively normal. Each day gets a bit better. I have no idea whether it was cold, flu, bug or whatever. But it stunk. Good riddance. :D

:joy: YAY! Welcome back. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Just when I think I'm getting better, the damned coughing comes back again.My service dog alerted me to a forthcoming migraine about an hour ago, so I've started my meds already. Migraine on top of being sick is a recipe for nightmare.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Just when I think I'm getting better, the damned coughing comes back again.My service dog alerted me to a forthcoming migraine about an hour ago, so I've started my meds already. Migraine on top of being sick is a recipe for nightmare.

Do you take magnesium? I find it works better at preventing/stopping migraines than Imitrex does. Don't take cheap magnesium oxide though as it's poorly absorbed. I take magnesium malate (which is good for fibromyalgia also). Really helps to relax my muscles and my migraines are much fewer now.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Do you take magnesium? I find it works better at preventing/stopping migraines than Imitrex does. Don't take cheap magnesium oxide though as it's poorly absorbed. I take magnesium malate (which is good for fibromyalgia also). Really helps to relax my muscles and my migraines are much fewer now.

I used to suffer frequent migraines, too. I had no idea magnesium helped. My cure seemed to be moving to the sunny state.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I used to suffer frequent migraines, too. I had no idea magnesium helped. My cure seemed to be moving to the sunny state.
Yeah, magnesium works great for migraines. Just avoid the cheap version magnesium oxide as that doesn't do much of anything. Magnesium citrate, magnesium malate, magnesium taurate and magnesium glycinate are all pretty good. The malate works best I've found, but that's just personal preference.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I will see if I can get magnesium malate, as I also have fibro.

I've read in more than one place that fibro and migraines are often co-morbid.

One of the many reasons I love this board. The folks here are a font of information.

Hugs to you!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I had tried Magnesium. I was a decade-long Imitrex patient, and three years ago it stopped working. My doctor recommended MM (SB 420) and I have not had a migraine for 3 years. :) But I also live in the sunny state. I suffered from them since age 18.