Under The Weather, So...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My daughter (bless her twisted little withered black heart!) is helping me deal with being sick by playing a few Mystery Science Theatre 3000 episodes.

We've watched "Santa Claus" (Mexican movie badly acted and horribly dubbed), "Bride of the Monster" (one of Ed Wood's cinematic "gems" that starred Bela Lugosi) and now "The Atomic Brain" (we're having lots of fun here using bad Russian-sounding dialects and making references to the former Soviet Union as silly but lovely foreign girls are used for nefarious experiments).

I really don't want to know what the evil scientist has planned for that black cat.

I wonder what else The Kid has in store for me today. She's feeling pretty crappy, herself.

S

Stonelesscutter

I hope you're feeling better now.
Did the bad-movies do the trick? :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Still feel like I'm horking up hairballs. Can't seem to shake this thing, which sucks. Getting tired really easily, etc.

Just glad I don't get this sick very often.

S

Stonelesscutter

I've been having a sore throat lately too. I guess it's going around.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've been having a sore throat lately too. I guess it's going around.

You should take Vitamin D. Yes, our bodies make it when exposed to sunlight but since you're a creature of darkness that's a moot point. Have someone Google the term "Benefits of Vitamin D" for you. You'll be amazed by how good it is.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Still feel like I'm horking up hairballs. Can't seem to shake this thing, which sucks. Getting tired really easily, etc.

Just glad I don't get this sick very often.

sounds like what was going around here...it is a nasty bug and people feel crappy for what seems like weeks afterwards. get some rest and hopefully you will (eventually) feel better. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

You should take Vitamin D. Yes, our bodies make it when exposed to sunlight but since you're a creature of darkness that's a moot point. Have someone Google the term "Benefits of Vitamin D" for you. You'll be amazed by how good it is.

Why don't you do that for me? If you need any help with it here's a site that should get you well on your way. ;) http://www.lmgtfy.com/

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Why don't you do that for me? If you need any help with it here's a site that should get you well on your way. ;) http://www.lmgtfy.com/

No need to get snarky. I'm only trying to help. I guess this cold has you irritable, that, or the fact that you're Dutch. Either way please don't slap away the hand that is trying to help you here. Now go take a big spoonful of Cod Liver oil. It does a body good! :D

S

Stonelesscutter

No need to get snarky. I'm only trying to help. I guess this cold has you irritable, that, or the fact that you're Dutch. Either way please don't slap away the hand that is trying to help you here. Now go take a big spoonful of Cod Liver oil. It does a body good! :D

I didn't mean to snark at you. Sowwie. :(

Regarding the cod liver oil, I'd rather keep that as a last resort. Right now the tripple distilled Auchentoshan Classic single malt Scotch whisky seems to be doing an excellent job. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I didn't mean to snark at you. Sowwie. :(

Regarding the cod liver oil, I'd rather keep that as a last resort. Right now the tripple distilled Auchentoshan Classic single malt Scotch whisky seems to be doing an excellent job. ;)

If we're talking a sore throat then yes, scotch will help (or bourbon whiskey).

And they now make Cod Liver oil and fish oil in general with Lemon flavoring (or orange or even mint). Doesn't taste like fish at all to be honest.

S

Stonelesscutter

If we're talking a sore throat then yes, scotch will help (or bourbon whiskey).

And they now make Cod Liver oil and fish oil in general with Lemon flavoring (or orange or even mint). Doesn't taste like fish at all to be honest.

The mere idea of cod liver oil or fish oil in general particularly with added lemon flavoring still sickens me though.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I had no idea they flavored this stuff.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14106903542156988472#

CodLiverOil.jpg

Healthy Brain & Nerve Function. Healthy Vision. Healthy Immune Function. From the deep, unpolluted waters near Norway, Carlson brings you the finest cod liver oil which is naturally rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, EPA and DHA. Only cod fish caught during the winter and early spring are used, as the liver oil content is highest at this time of year. The oil is separated from the liver tissues without the use of chemicals. To ensure freshness of Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil, the air inside the glass bottle has been replaced with nitrogen.

And it's from Norway so it must be good for you... :roll:

SciphonicStranger

Have you ever seen a Norwegian?

Other than Miss Norway and their olympic ski team? Probably not. :P

It's possible that they are so healthy they never need cod liver oil. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The mere idea of cod liver oil or fish oil in general particularly with added lemon flavoring still sickens me though.

That's why you'll never be a superhero. :( (Please put back the cape.)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I had no idea they flavored this stuff.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14106903542156988472#

View attachment 6389

And it's from Norway so it must be good for you... :roll:

Don't hate on Norway too much, after all, they have to have some kind of industry to employ their people. Making them go out in boats in the frigid arctic waters to catch cod all with no guarantee that they'll make it back to port gives their lives meaning in a way...I think.

SciphonicStranger

I was gonna go somewhere but on second thought I'd rather not.

Now that you've ascended the urge to self-moderate is just too great. We need to set an example for the "lowers". ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan