Twitter Madness

SerenityS

GateFans Member
SGU folk are spamming twitter already in an attempt to get #SGU to trend.
Make it STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

examples:
LouDPhillips Lou Diamond Phillips
"One time...at band camp...I put my flute in my #SGU..."

malibunextyear Sherry Harris by JamesBamford
It's good to be #SGU

@JamesBamford "Ask not what your #SGU can do for you; ask what you can do for your #SGU!"

cpbinder Carl Binder
Put za #SGU back!

marksavela Mark Savela
I love the smell of #SGU in the morning. Smells like Victory

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Tweets from @Syfy (Craig Engler):

See my next tweet: RT @grae42 And everyone needs to write @Syfy to keep #SGU and #Caprica alive.. NEED MORE SEASONS!!!

Rather than write us (because we already agree with you), write your friends and their friends and get them to watch.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
SGU folk are spamming twitter already in an attempt to get #SGU to trend.
Make it STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

examples:
LouDPhillips Lou Diamond Phillips
"One time...at band camp...I put my flute in my #SGU..."

malibunextyear Sherry Harris by JamesBamford
It's good to be #SGU

@JamesBamford "Ask not what your #SGU can do for you; ask what you can do for your #SGU!"

cpbinder Carl Binder
Put za #SGU back!

marksavela Mark Savela
I love the smell of #SGU in the morning. Smells like Victory

Awww, isn't that cute!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
T

Tanith

Or they could just for doing it for the lol's due to fact the premiere is so close. Most SGU fans are excited at this point and want to spread the word.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
Or they could just for doing it for the lol's due to fact the premiere is so close. Most SGU fans are excited at this point and want to spread the word.
indeed!
people here tend to read way more into things then they actually say.
to be perfectly honest this place is starting to sound like a broken record, and im starting to feel i dont belong anymore as i personally think there are way more important things to be angry about then a stupid tv show..

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
indeed!
people here tend to read way more into things then they actually say.
to be perfectly honest this place is starting to sound like a broken record, and im starting to feel i dont belong anymore as i personally think there are way more important things to be angry about then a stupid tv show..
Well, that's what happens when a board focused on one show in particular has little to talk about due to the show being on hiatus or its over. Without fresh material to talk about, the community starts going in circles and this community also got hit by two major forum reboots, which messed things up.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Well, that's what happens when a board focused on one show in particular has little to talk about due to the show being on hiatus or its over. Without fresh material to talk about, the community starts going in circles and this community also got hit by two major forum reboots, which messed things up.

So stick that in your pipe & smoke it.

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet

Yeah, many of my newer captions at the capping thread were lost in that particularly bad reboot. I had quite a bit of fun making them, too. *Sigh*

Pharos

GateFans Noob
Well that's just... sad. And I mean, not even speaking as someone who dislikes SGU... I mean ANY show that has to promote itself through not only forcing a trend on twitter, but by forcing a trend on twitter with tweets that having NOTHING to do with said trend, is just going to get pitied.

Couldn't they have at least done:

"#SGU is back! Tuesday at (whenever, I dont know)"

or

"What did you all think of the last #SGU?"

I'm not a bit Twittererer... but is what they did even allowed? That same sort of thing in other websites would be seen as spam.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

SerenityS

GateFans Member
And not surprisingly, not a peep or Twitter out of any of the 21 SGU tweeters listed on the Syfy SGU Twitter List. :P

Nani

GateFans Noob
Not only are SGU related people promoting it, but also other actors, such as Jewel Staite & Ryan Robbins:

RyRobbins: S...G...U... Check it out. Seriously. All the cool kids are doing it. 7:06 PM Oct 1st via Echofon
JewelStaite: Guys, pls watch #SGU 2nite @9 on Syfy. Even tho they STILL haven't had me on (hint), they're an amazing cast/crew who deserve your support! about 21 hours ago via OpenBeak

I guess these tweets were a result of comradership & their frienship with SGU actors :/

http://naniwahine.livejournal.com/

A Nonny Mouse

GateFans Noob
I would have thought more like they are trying to support the crew rather than the actors.

But even though I feel for the crew, there is no way I'll be watching that drivel to keep them in jobs. I can only hope they get more work soon.

Nani

GateFans Noob
I would have thought more like they are trying to support the crew rather than the actors.

But even though I feel for the crew, there is no way I'll be watching that drivel to keep them in jobs. I can only hope they get more work soon.

Ryan Robbins is tight with David Blue - there were all sorts of shenanigans going on between these two at the recent Toronto FanExpo. You could tell they are buddies.

It seems that the movie/tv show making industry is making a come back in Canada, particularly B.C., so I'm not very worried for the crew - with their talent, they won't be hard pressed to find jobs. Still, their Stargate job will be over when production wraps up in about a month...

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Not only are SGU related people promoting it, but also other actors, such as Jewel Staite & Ryan Robbins:

RyRobbins: S...G...U... Check it out. Seriously. All the cool kids are doing it. 7:06 PM Oct 1st via Echofon
JewelStaite: Guys, pls watch #SGU 2nite @9 on Syfy. Even tho they STILL haven't had me on (hint), they're an amazing cast/crew who deserve your support! about 21 hours ago via OpenBeak

I guess these tweets were a result of comradership & their frienship with SGU actors :/

http://naniwahine.livejournal.com/
Yep, it's colleagues holding together.
Jewel has already been in 2 awesome shows that was cancelled way too early, but she shouldn't be projecting her experience onto the pile of shit that is going down because it sucks and nobody watches it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well that's just... sad. And I mean, not even speaking as someone who dislikes SGU... I mean ANY show that has to promote itself through not only forcing a trend on twitter, but by forcing a trend on twitter with tweets that having NOTHING to do with said trend, is just going to get pitied.

Couldn't they have at least done:

"#SGU is back! Tuesday at (whenever, I dont know)"

or

"What did you all think of the last #SGU?"

I'm not a bit Twittererer... but is what they did even allowed? That same sort of thing in other websites would be seen as spam.

1: Isn't twitter by definition, Spam?
2: Isn't SGU seen as Stargate Spam?

They seem to be made for eachother if you ask me