Trying to lose weight? Then DO IT! Its all in what you eat.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I forgot to ask . What or how much should I eat before a workout . I'm at the gym at 6:00 am . Is it like the rule before you go swimming ? Wait an hr ?

Thanks

:) :) :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Another good workout in case you guys did not know , is in the past when my brain lets me go out on my bike , I can loose up to 5 lbs or more in one outing from the way I ride my bike .
I'm no slacker behind the handle bars but more importantly I really move my butt around and make sure to pull hard on the throttle to hold on during acceleration and under as hard as I can do breaking without locking it all up . Wearing leathers really keeps you warm also plus the leathers are heavy so more weight is added to controlling your bike so you have to work pretty hard on controlling the bike so you can live to ride another day and not become bumper splat !
Wish I could ride more often but that little bastard cymbal smashing monkey prick stops me from getting out and his father Mr Ringing is no help either . Plus the roads are just screaming death at you from every angle from very inattentive automobile drivers .
Time for sleep ZZZZzzzzzz

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ok, I found Tripler's latest pic. Damn, dude. You weren't kidding about the old man bloat.

Big%20Bear%20.jpg

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Crap ,,, I thought I deleted that off the web :) :) :)

Sadly my younger brother is kind gettin that big :( :( :( .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Crap ,,, I thought I deleted that off the web :) :) :)

Sadly my younger brother is kind gettin that big :( :( :( .

The pictures you have posted of yourself do not look at all like you are even nearing obesity.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Maybe not but I do have moobs and also I am not the smiley happy face blond guy in those pics with Hadfiled . I am the old qeezer lol doing the selfie with Chris in the background !!!
This is me from a Sunday pic .
FORUM MODERATORS <<<>>> PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REMOVE THIS PICTURE FROM THE SITE TO SAVE THE CHILDREN'S EYES FROM BEING RUINED FOREVER BY THIS TERRIFYING VIEW OF A POSSIBLY WAY TOO MUCH VIEW OF A HUMAN TORSO ,,,

sadly it's my torso and moobs :( :( :(

IMG_1864.JPG

--- merged: Jul 15, 2014 10:17 AM ---
At least I have good square shoulders :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Maybe not but I do have moobs and also I am not the smiley happy face blond guy in those pics with Hadfiled . I am the old qeezer lol doing the selfie with Chris in the background !!!
This is me from a Sunday pic .
FORUM MODERATORS <<<>>> PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REMOVE THIS PICTURE FROM THE SITE TO SAVE THE CHILDREN'S EYES FROM BEING RUINED FOREVER BY THIS TERRIFYING VIEW OF A POSSIBLY WAY TOO MUCH VIEW OF A HUMAN TORSO ,,,

sadly it's my torso and moobs :( :( :(

View attachment 30112
--- merged: Jul 15, 2014 at 3:17 AM ---
At least I have good square shoulders :) :) :)

You are NOT obese or even near it. :) You have extra fat, but you can burn that off pretty easily with diet. You do not have a belly fold (when your belly is so fat it creates a crease across your lower abdomen). You do not have pronounced moobs, and your neck muscles are still defined. So, you are overweight but not even near obese. I am sure Bluce can make a better assessment, but on my way from 260 to 180 today, I felt PROUD to look like that when I reached that point. :)

NO, this photo is not obscene. I do not see pubes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So off the meds now for 4 weeks almost . Been having trouble controlling my anger a little . I really am trying hard to keep it at bay .
I've been a bit rude or short with my family and a few friends of mine coming back with not so much hurtful statements but ignorant just the same ... Breath ,,,in out ,,,slowly ... 12345678910,,,,10987654321 ,,, .
At least I am noticing it and not being blind to it .
I think I also suffer from Hypoglycemia . Even when I was younger I would get real grumpy if I had not eatin anything . I am a big eater . Always have been . In my house I cleaned up all my four brothers left overs and anyone else that was silly enough to leave there plate unguarded . Stayed super slim my whole life . This bloating thingy though is new to me . Never had that before and so am here looking for some advice and so far it's been awesome . What should I keep in my pocket to stave off the hunger and grumpyness if out and about so as not to alienate everyone around me ???

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So off the meds now for 4 weeks almost . Been having trouble controlling my anger a little . I really am trying hard to keep it at bay .
I've been a bit rude or short with my family and a few friends of mine coming back with not so much hurtful statements but ignorant just the same ... Breath ,,,in out ,,,slowly ... 12345678910,,,,10987654321 ,,, .
At least I am noticing it and not being blind to it .
I think I also suffer from Hypoglycemia . Even when I was younger I would get real grumpy if I had not eatin anything . I am a big eater . Always have been . In my house I cleaned up all my four brothers left overs and anyone else that was silly enough to leave there plate unguarded . Stayed super slim my whole life . This bloating thingy though is new to me . Never had that before and so am here looking for some advice and so far it's been awesome . What should I keep in my pocket to stave off the hunger and grumpyness if out and about so as not to alienate everyone around me ???

I keep Planters Dry Roasted nuts for that. :) The salt is fine. You can do smokehouse almonds or raw, as long as your nuts are not coated in toffee or chocolate or anything else (including yogurt). That will take care of hunger cravings because of the protein. But the other craving is for sweet stuff. You can eat strawberries, grapes, or for the summer you can buy or make sugar free popsicles. You can make a nice tall glass of ice tea or fill a thermos with it, sweetened with Splenda.

For me, grumpy comes when I am craving sweets. Hunger comes when needing food, or if I have already eaten, needing protein. When you have managed your weight and you know how it all works, you can eventually have an ACTUAL donut or piece of cake or a candy bar, and know exactly how to keep it from becoming stored fat. Any diet that keeps you feeling hungry is not going to work.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
You are NOT obese or even near it. :) You have extra fat, but you can burn that off pretty easily with diet. You do not have a belly fold (when your belly is so fat it creates a crease across your lower abdomen). You do not have pronounced moods, and your neck muscles are still defined. So, you are overweight but not even near obese. I am sure Bluce can make a better assessment, but on my way from 260 to 180 today, I felt PROUD to look like that when I reached that point. :)

NO, this photo is not obscene. I do not see pubes!

You are too kind sir .

Wow ,,,260 huh !!! . I feel so uncomfortable now at 193 .
I while back my older brother and I decided to get together at a flightsim place here in TO ( http://www.aircombatzone.com/ ) . So I told him I would meet him at the F-18 Sim location . I was sitting in the parking lot waiting as I am never late . I am always there first to get somewhere . I'm sitting in my little 4 door Honda Civic when this guy pulls up with what looks like the Dodge Pickup in Xmass Vacation though not as old a model of vehicle . Out steps probably one of the largest human I have ever seen in my life . OMG ,,,it's my brother cuz as I get out of my car this guy see's me and states my name . We are 2 years apart and I had no idea who the hell this fat basturd was . Yes . Big like fat bastard . 400+ lbs . This was at least 10/15 years or more ago and I weighed around 172 lbs .
He lost the weight eventually but was still and is still in the 200's . He has a full Dialysis machine in his home now , kidneys down to 3% and his Dialysis room looks just like a hospital room . He does the Dialysis himself . Booze and improper diet destroyed his body . I used to watch him down a 24 of beer in 1/2 an hr when he was in his early 20's .Me ,,,I always puked by the time I got past 10 just like if I got near a cigarette . So I've never been a big drinker and never ever smoked . My whole family smoked on and off . It killed my mother as she chain smoked and had COPD ( http://www.lung.ca/diseases-maladies/copd-mpoc/what-quoi/index_e.php ) . I have trouble breathing on a humid day let alone friggin cig smoke near me . Yes , I have asthma . It almost killed me when I was 18 . Also being a HVAC ( http://www.abbreviations.com/HVAC ) I have been exposed to a ton of nasty chemicals that will surely shorten my life span no matter how healthy I will become . The main ones of course are Asbestos , Refrigerants ( http://www.healthline.com/health/refrigerant-poisoning#Overview1 ) animal fecal matter and just plain disgusting crap though out my 35+ year's as a HVAC Mecahnic . It gives me nightmares just thinking about some of the jobs I had to do to get someone Air Conditioning or Heat . ,,, I won't even touch bare metal with my hands anymore . I wear those disposable gloves so as not to feel the texture of metal . I feel ill when I see a HVAC service vehicle or hear the ladders rattling on the truck roof racks . Yes . Some serious psychological probs here and there lol ... .

Bluce Ree

I keep Planters Dry Roasted nuts for that. :) The salt is fine. You can do smokehouse almonds or raw, as long as your nuts are not coated in toffee or chocolate or anything else (including yogurt). That will take care of hunger cravings because of the protein. But the other craving is for sweet stuff. You can eat strawberries, grapes, or for the summer you can buy or make sugar free popsicles. You can make a nice tall glass of ice tea or fill a thermos with it, sweetened with Splenda.

For me, grumpy comes when I am craving sweets. Hunger comes when needing food, or if I have already eaten, needing protein. When you have managed your weight and you know how it all works, you can eventually have an ACTUAL donut or piece of cake or a candy bar, and know exactly how to keep it from becoming stored fat. Any diet that keeps you feeling hungry is not going to work.

No, no, no! Unsalted peanuts! Stay away from salt if you're trying to defeat bloating! Salted snacks contain way too much salt.

Bluce Ree

My post got a laugh. Am I the only one who sees nothing? I just get a little box that has a sheet with the corner folded. :icon_lol:

Never mind. Now I see the pic. I clicked on it and it made me log in again. :happy0007:

Goddamn did I feel bloated when I took that.

Bluce Ree

I forgot to ask . What or how much should I eat before a workout . I'm at the gym at 6:00 am . Is it like the rule before you go swimming ? Wait an hr ?

Thanks

:) :) :)

That depends on what you're doing. You can do cardio on an empty stomach but not weight lifting. As for how much food and how long you wait before going, that's entirely up to you.

A typical pre-workout for me would look like this:

- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup yogurt
- banana

I wait about 30 minutes then hit the gym for a couple hours.

Many people will take a protein shake pre-workout, which is perfectly fine. A protein powder where 2 scoops would yield about 40g-50g of protein mixed in 2 cups of almond milk should be sufficient for you.

Throw in a banana pre-workout. The potassium will help with muscle soreness and the carbs will help you push harder through your workout.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No, no, no! Unsalted peanuts! Stay away from salt if you're trying to defeat bloating! Salted snacks contain way too much salt.

I know :)...I eat my almonds unsalted. but I have to have salted peanuts. Atkins says the salt is okay, as long as I am in maintenance (I am) :). It is part of making it (my diet) work for me in the long run. I even eat DONUTS! Only on Friday, only in the morning, and only two. :) Friday is my cheat day.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Never mind. Now I see the pic. I clicked on it and it made me log in again. :happy0007:

Goddamn did I feel bloated when I took that.

Meh, I'd still hit it. :winking0052:

Then again, I grew up withe the Midwestern motto of: "The bigger the cushion the better the pushin." :P

Bluce Ree

I know :)...I eat my almonds unsalted. but I have to have salted peanuts. Atkins says the salt is okay, as long as I am in maintenance (I am) :). It is part of making it (my diet) work for me in the long run. I even eat DONUTS! Only on Friday, only in the morning, and only two. :) Friday is my cheat day.

You're right about salt. I'm conditioned to automatically think "abs!!". Water retention from too much salt makes your abs go away. :icon_lol:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That depends on what you're doing. You can do cardio on an empty stomach but not weight lifting. As for how much food and how long you wait before going, that's entirely up to you.

A typical pre-workout for me would look like this:

- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup yogurt
- banana

I wait about 30 minutes then hit the gym for a couple hours.

Many people will take a protein shake pre-workout, which is perfectly fine. A protein powder where 2 scoops would yield about 40g-50g of protein mixed in 2 cups of almond milk should be sufficient for you.

Throw in a banana pre-workout. The potassium will help with muscle soreness and the carbs will help you push harder through your workout.

6 Frakking Eggs !!! .

Holy poop . I'm a three egger myself .
Excellent . Thanks for the help . Doin cardio this morn . By cycle ride .