True Blood - Season Four

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What does it say that I'm kind of tired of Bill and Sookie? I know I'm supposed to care about them but to be honest they've become sort of a yawn. Jason is always interesting though.

G

Graybrew1

I like Sookie better with either Eric or the Werewolf, much much better than Bill. Maybe Jason will become a vamp?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I like Sookie better with either Eric or the Werewolf, much much better than Bill. Maybe Jason will become a vamp?

I haven't read the books but I suspect that they'll keep Bill and Sookie together (more or less) for the entire run of the show. They are each others great love which we all know has been done to death in so many other shows. Hopefully I'm wrong and they change it up a bit. Like I said, I'm already bored with the Bill/Sookie thing.

And yes, she'd be much better off with the werewolf.

G

Graybrew1

I haven't read the books but I suspect that they'll keep Bill and Sookie together (more or less) for the entire run of the show. They are each others great love which we all know has been done to death in so many other shows. Hopefully I'm wrong and they change it up a bit. Like I said, I'm already bored with the Bill/Sookie thing.

Maybe she will just have a fling. ;) I can't say what else I was thinking because it will bet us sent to FH. :biggrin:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

No, actually, they won't keep her with Bill. They ARE pretty much following the books, relationship-wise.

Bill borked things up for himself with Sookie when she found out he was sent to engage her.

And if you want to know what happens with Jason, chase up the teaser video that HBO has put out on the subject. ;)

G

Graybrew1

No, actually, they won't keep her with Bill. They ARE pretty much following the books, relationship-wise.

Bill borked things up for himself with Sookie when she found out he was sent to engage her.

And if you want to know what happens with Jason, chase up the teaser video that HBO has put out on the subject. ;)

I think I want to wait to be surprised. Some shows I read spoilers on, but this is not one of them.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Season Four of True Blood is set to premiere June 26. HBO has now released an eight-minute (!) sneak preview in HD. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKnqrtsxq8&feature=player_embedded

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm eager to see this continue.

I think of the books and the show as being two totally separate things, and that's fine with me. I read the books (though I've been slow to get the latest one, even on my Kindle) and for the most part, I enjoy them.

I think that Charlaine Harris has done some creative rethinking of her series and its characters (I base this on a ComicCon comment where she claims that the acceptance/nonacceptance of vampires in her books is meant to go along with acceptance/nonacceptance of homosexuality -- that's something Alan Ball does -- I don't think she had this in mind at all when she began writing it, but YMMV).

Looking forward to season 4. I'm looking also looking forward to seeing the critters that haven't been teased yet...should be fun. They've got their own tell, too.

G

Graybrew1

Season Four of True Blood is set to premiere June 26. HBO has now released an eight-minute (!) sneak preview in HD. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKnqrtsxq8&feature=player_embedded

What an awesome sneak peek, I will have to set my DVR. :icon_cool:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Bollocks. I really forgot to watch season 3 before this one started. For real - an entire season of a show I binged watched the first 2 seasons of because it was so good.

G

Graybrew1

Bollocks. I really forgot to watch season 3 before this one started. For real - an entire season of a show I binged watched the first 2 seasons of because it was so good.

LOL. Looks like you have some cramming to do in the next 12 days.

G

Graybrew1

I have gotten behind in this show, I think I must catch back up and post on it. I love this show.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've come to the conclusion that Bon Temps is the freak capitol of the world.

I'm wondering what special abilities Maxine, Terry and Arlene will ultimately develop.

G

Graybrew1

I've come to the conclusion that Bon Temps is the freak capitol of the world.

I'm wondering what special abilities Maxine, Terry and Arlene will ultimately develop.

I have to go get a bucket to catch the drool when I realized that I had so many new eps to TB to watch. :P

G

Graybrew1

I finally got completely caught up with True Blood.
What a joy it was to get to watch 8 shows of TB.

Where to begin?

I love that Sookie was with Eric, he deserves her so much more than Bill. Too bad, she is jerking him around now. It is nice to see that Sookie is getting to use her powers more now. I felt so bad for Sam, that he lost his brother Tommy. The Marnie/Antonia witch is getting beyond annoying.
I am glad they ended that storyline with the baby. I hope Holt and Jason friendship will make it through the eventual big reveal that will be forthcoming. Alcide is going to get cheated on again, I wonder if he will become jaded and decide to take over as pack leader when Marcus gets taken care of. The sheriif's v addiction needs to get wrapped up too.

Some of the best lines came from the vamps while they were silvered to protect themselves from the beckoning spell. :icon_lol:

Did I forget anything Illiterati?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Sookie can be more than a little annoying at times that way. I don't care for the whole Marnie/Antonia thing at all. Especially as Marnie started out with the whole 'harm none' thing and has turned into a witchy Rambo. You could tell that she wanted to be a vessel for another spirit from the beginning, and then turned into the antithesis of what she pretended to have believed.We all know, I think, that Lafayette will be the instrument of dealing with this thing. They've certainly gone out of their way to set that up. Two more episodes remaining this season.